Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^thank you! I think that's the first (and hopefully last time) QR's been on a worst dressed list but I have to agree with the description completely and the comment that QR looks desperate to hang onto her youth with that look.

I think the problem is that she is too thin-- the years of running and dieting are finally catching up with her... she'd look better if she gained a few pounds.

Last edited:
^thank you! I think that's the first (and hopefully last time) QR's been on a worst dressed list but I have to agree with the description completely and the comment that QR looks desperate to hang onto her youth with that look.

I think the problem is that she is too thin-- the years of running and dieting are finally catching up with her... she'd look better if she gained a few pounds.
Yes I think she will be better with some more weight.

You're welcome, Shalu. :flowers:
Yes, why not. Putting on weight in Rania's case would be a good solution but maybe that wouldn't make her gratified to the very end. She seems to belong to this cathegory of women who can't and don't want to come to terms with the fact that time goes by and their youth and delight can't last forever.
I do understand Rania as as a woman I'd also resort to many things to stop time. :lol:

You're welcome, Shalu. :flowers:
Yes, why not. Putting on weight in Rania's case would be a good solution but maybe that wouldn't make her gratified to the very end. She seems to belong to this cathegory of women who can't and don't want to come to terms with the fact that time goes by and their youth and delight can't last forever.
I do understand Rania as as a woman I'd also resort to many things to stop time. :lol:

I think putting weight on would be good for her also. As ladies get older, they do say less is more especially with makeup and we never see Rania without full heavy make up. Even her day make up is like evening makeup and it is very thick so perhaps she is scared that if she does not load it on, people will not think she is pretty. Her beauty isn't natural anyway but definitely a lighter touch with make up and better hair would make her look more youthful. 40 is not old but she does not look like a young 40, just a lady who has had lots of procedures :eek:

She is usually quoted as saying that ageing is not a big deal for her when it obviously is looking at what she does to her face. She needs a good stylist for hair and make up and to choose her ensemble and she has the money and access to the best so it is hard to know why she does not use them.

The description as a small time actress trying to make it was very true and the dress looked cheap even though it was not.

^agreed.... as someone who met her in person recently I can attest to the full face of heavy make-up (I don't even think most women wear that much make-up in the evening) ... it's very apparent in person, even more so than in pictures. It's a pity because she might be a naturally beautiful woman but the truth is, we'd never know it because of all the make-up.

She was also very thin when I met her-- more than what comes across in the pictures, as they say "the camera adds 10 pounds"-- which is why I say some weight gain would help her. She loves working out/running as we all know but she's beginning to look haggard in the face.

Last edited:
Being too thin after 40 actually makes you look older as you tend to look gaunt. Putting on a few pounds would give her a fuller face and make her look younger.

I think she needs to have a loyal stylist take her in hand at this point. You're a Queen, not a wanna be fashion model.

I think she needs to have a loyal stylist take her in hand at this point. You're a Queen, not a wanna be fashion model.

She looks more like a model now than her former self a few years ago, the beautiful Queen of Jordan.

I go for it! For me Rania looked more like a shy, beginning actress rather than an elegant and stunning person she's been for all the last years.

The stylist works to what the client want, so it could be Rania has this look in mind and her stylist works towards that look. Its not about being loyal or not, Rania could easily say no or change this and that if she wasn't happy with what the stylist puts together.

She looks more like a model now than her former self a few years ago, the beautiful Queen of Jordan.

It is truly astonishing, isn't it? Where is that beauty and those gorgeous eyes and lips she used to have? She definitely needs to put on some pounds and relax - trying to look younger than she is will only make her appear funny (Infanta Elena and her latest fashion choices come to mind...). She should only try to look and age more naturally, not younger.:flowers:

The stylist works to what the client want, so it could be Rania has this look in mind and her stylist works towards that look. Its not about being loyal or not, Rania could easily say no or change this and that if she wasn't happy with what the stylist puts together.

It is true dazzling. I never thought of it like that and ultimately the client has the power to hire or fire the stylist.

I too like her better in Elie Saab dresses the fabrics are much more flowing and when one is as thin as Rania is these days, the extra bulk from the flowing fabric is more flattering. And no more silver or icy blue!

For God sake! I totally disagree with you all and the article is ridiculous!
The ''well dressed'' according to this article are like clowns.

QR choose a wrong outfit maybe but it was not so so bad, let's be reasonable! She is more beautiful than she was on her 30's! Of course she is not fresh like a 20 year old girl but she remains very fresh for a 40 year woman. Lets be honest

QR does the mistake to participate in such events, she wants to show that she is open to every people, that royals are not snobbish but that 's a message that very few people are able to understand, unfortunately, as I see.

For God sake! I totally disagree with you all and the article is ridiculous!
The ''well dressed'' according to this article are like clowns.

QR choose a wrong outfit maybe but it was not so so bad, let's be reasonable! She is more beautiful than she was on her 30's! Of course she is not fresh like a 20 year old girl but she remains very fresh for a 40 year woman. Lets be honest

QR does the mistake to participate in such events, she wants to show that she is open to every people, that royals are not snobbish but that 's a message that very few people are able to understand, unfortunately, as I see.
In my opinion some dresses look quite nice, but that would be an off topic discussion. It seems to me that the point concerns not as much Rania's age as her general appearance. I'm sorry if you don't like the article and don't agrre with what's written; that's obvious everyone has their own point of view which should be put up with.

Queen Rania has a woman who assists her with her shopping, she's had her ever since she first became Queen. But she said in an interview that she doesn't have stylists because then it would be all about them and not her.

The Glamour Awards dress is different and maybe not one of her best, you make it sound like she's a 70-year-old wearing a mini-skirt.

Maybe she just made a bad call. She obviously wore the dress because she liked it, none of us can claim to know of any other motivations behind her choice.

I certainly like her dress better than Hilary Swank's catastrophe which that website declares among the best dresses of the night.

Personally, I think the problem is not the gown itself, but the gown on Rania which doesn't work abviously, it doesn't suit her complexion, her makeup and her hair, and the cut doesn't suit her {edit}. I am sure on Mary for example, the dress would have looked waw. In my opinion, such as dress suits more as somebody pointed already a person with porcelaine skin and dark hair, plus the cut I think It will be very flattering for an athletic body {edit}
I don't understand why Rania put herself on such as embarassing situations, she doesn't need to try hard to bring intentions to her. I am sure if she had wore a thobe which is 100 less cheaper and sophisticated than that dress, she would have had much more success...at least on a "glamour and elegant" list ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Humera said:
I certainly like her dress better than Hilary Swank's catastrophe which that website declares among the best dresses of the night.
That's certainly right. Rania's dress looks much better than the tacky one that Hilary opted for. But this dress isn't supposed to be worn by a queen but by a star and maybe that's what the author meant.
Many celebrities at the event look comical, some quite nice but it doesn't change the fact that Rania could be easily taken for a tacky celebrity, not for the person she really is.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody looked good at the awards and although I didn't like Hilary Swank's dress, she has an amazing body and is tall and is one of the few women who could wear that dress and not look a total disaster. Rania needs to stay away from grey and brown make up and drab colors. She needs warm colors and less make up. I think she needs to adopt a more classic evening style that reflects her position as a queen. She could be glamorous without being frumpy. The CP's of Europe are only a couple of years younger than Rania and they all look fresh and lovely in their evening wear and appropriate for their station.

I'm on the fence about Rania's dress. It doesn't wow me but it's not terrible either. Rania looks tired in the pics.

In my opinion some dresses look quite nice, but that would be an off topic discussion. It seems to me that the point concerns not as much Rania's age as her general appearance. I'm sorry if you don't like the article and don't agrre with what's written; that's obvious everyone has their own point of view which should be put up with.

Monic, every point of view is respectable but also we have the right to disagree. I was a little bit ungry especially with the article' s author, I didn't want to insult anybody here, sincerely.

Monic, every point of view is respectable but also we have the right to disagree. I was a little bit ungry especially with the article' s author, I didn't want to insult anybody here, sincerely.
Me either, Godiva. :flowers:
I also disagree with the author in many issues. Honestly, Rania's dress isn't bad as Opal said but I think many think she shouldn't have put it on. And the heavy make-up as well as the shoes made matters worse. I just agree with Yamamah that she should get back to a delicate make-up, plus be more natural and then, I think, people won't have any reason to find fault with her looks.

I like both dresses Rania wore recently. Silver dress is very modern and black one very sophisticated. In first pic at Glamour Award Rania looks young and fresh.:) But I don't like her hairdo at J.C. Morgan Award; it is very similar to hairdo she had at Swedish royal wedding earlier this year. This hairdo makes her hair looking as if she'd just rolled out of bed.:p

We need better pics. I´d like she repeats more her gala dresses.

I think this year is not her best regarding gala dresses !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom