Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I see the dress is beautiful. Her hairstyle is okay, but I dont like the haircolour.

The dress is fine. Queen Rania's hairstyle and makeup absolutely spoilt this look for me.

I like the dress on Q Rania a lot! It's very elegant and classy. She looks very tired and the hair and make-up don't help the situation here.:ermm:

I don't think they're loans. That was something said in one article one time a long time ago, and I think it was put forward to justify her clothing addiction. I strongly suspect she owns most, if not all, of the clothes she has worn as she pulls many of her evening gowns out of storage for photo shoots. She has even worn dresses for photos that she has never worn publicly. Conde Nast Traveller said in the article that accompanied her cover that she brought several of her own dresses to the photo shoot, including the off-white Elie Saab gown she ended up wearing (and which we've never seen publicly before). I'm also thinking of the Stephane Rolland couture gown she wore for photo shoots marking her 40th birthday.

I agree with you Adamari about her extensive wardrobe. The dress at the Tech awards was chic but her hair and make up were not. The gathered neckline called for a chignon or something equally elegant instead, the hair, make up and neckline did not complement each other and she looked messy. She has been in the public eye long enough and has enough access to beautiful clothes, stylists etc to not make these mistakes after all this time.

Beautiful dress and so beautiful belt! Perfect!

The dress is nice but she could repeat many dresses thats he only wore one time.

A nice updo would've been nice. But the dress looks good.

The dress is fine. Queen Rania's hairstyle and makeup absolutely spoilt this look for me.
I back up this opinion. Her hair looks as if she's just got out of bed and the color doesn't suit her well. The make up isn't perfect either...

The dress worn at the Tech Awards is by Giorgio Armani (Armani Prive):

I don't like the Glamour Awards dress. It does nothing for her and it is too 'young' in feel. The shimmer on fabric makes her skin look dull and her makeup isn't light and pretty enough for this dress.

November 8, 2010- Glamour Awards
Halston dress

Pic

November 8, 2010- Glamour Awards
Halston dress

Pic

Her make up from a distance looks good but up close looks too grey. The hair is too straight which I think never looked good on her. I like the colors of the dress, really nice for a change form the dark colors she wore in the past months. This dress is not made for a belt. The shoes are too creamy, a nice purple or blue heels would've looked like nicer.

The only thing I like is that the dress is not black. Than I dont like her hairstyle and make-up. And I agree the shoes dont go well with the dress colours.

I notice that when she is in USA she uses same make up and hairstyle ; they make her look dull and not fresh at all ; as for the dress I did not like the fabric and if she repeated one of her black dresses would be much more better than this one ....
BTW i still feel she is tired and not active as usual ..

I can imagine a blonde like Princess Madeleine of Sweden would look good in this dress or someone like Princess Mary who has the dark hair and porcelain skin but it does not suit olive skin like Rania's. The colour is too icy especially with her golden hair highlights. I don't understand why she keeps making these style mistakes :ermm:

I like the dress, but not on Q Rania. As someone pointed out, she doesn't have the right complexion to support metallic/icy colours - that's exactly the problem here.;) Her hair is lovely but the make-up... OMG, way too heavy! :eek:

I can imagine a blonde like Princess Madeleine of Sweden would look good in this dress or someone like Princess Mary who has the dark hair and porcelain skin but it does not suit olive skin like Rania's. The colour is too icy especially with her golden hair highlights. I don't understand why she keeps making these style mistakes :ermm:
You're right, yamamah. I personally don't like anything in this look. Her hairdo is tedious, the shoes appear to come from a different outfit and her indispensable accessory, belt, has to be again on her even at gala meetings. I really used to admire Rania for her style and beauty but recently she seems to have lost in the fashion world. :whistling::whistling:

as some members above i am also glad she wore other colors than black and the dark ones she use to wear recently...and then this the only thing i like in the look.:p
the dress have a nice cut but i am not huge fan of the fabric shoes,hair and make-up was not in the top either.

agree with all the sentiments above-- this Halston has to be one of the worst evening wear choices of QR's- the color, the style, accessories, makeup, shoes, hair: nothing works. She looks washed out.

If anything, she should have at least switched the dresses from the Tech Awards and Glamour ceremony as the Glamour ceremony is a more "high-profile" event.

I like both dresses, but the Armani´s dress is beautiful.

I think too that yesterday she must wore other shoes. She has an obsession with belts.:lol:

Nov. 8, 2010- Glamour Awards: purse, belt and shoes
[url=http://img825.imageshack.us/i/65587925.jpg/]Pic
[/URL]

Last edited:
Queen Rania's look is just all right. Asymmetric baggy dresses with belts are in vogue right now. I wounder whether or not it was a sequin dress. In truth, studded or sequined dresses are not my cup of tea.
She looked exhausted or perhaps it was a case of a bad photography.

:previous:It is a sequined dress, you can see it clearly in this picture

I loved the brown dress and actually like the dress from the Glamour Awards. I've seen pictures of it in better light and looks much nicer then the few dark images we saw at first. The problem is not the dress but QR's hair-colour, it doesn't suit her skin tone. She should darken it a few shades and it'll look much better, but not as dark as Princess Haya's. Also, she uses brown make-up a lot, it doesn't work with her skin either.

Last edited:
the Armani´s dress look beautiful on QRania i think this is her best outfit in the visit.
but honestly i don't know what happen to her hair and make up look bad very bad.

I actually don't like the brown dress on Rania. I won't even comment on the hair and makeup. I think the dress, however, would great on Mette Marit.

Maybe she was tired, on the other hand the photos were not of good quality.
But the icy dress I also agree doesn't suit her.

I like both dresses, but the Armani´s dress is beautiful.

I think too that yesterday she must wore other shoes. She has an obsession with belts.:lol:

Nov. 8, 2010- Glamour Awards: purse, belt and shoes
[URL="http://img825.imageshack.us/i/65587925.jpg/"]Pic
[/URL]

What a bad belt! Golden belt with icy dress?

For the shoes : nude color shoes are trendy maybe not in this dark shade but at least they are in fashion this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom