Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she has many similar dresses:

September 22, 2010- One gala
New red dress and shoes
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6189/fashion2.jpg

I think this dress is by Stephane Rolland couture.
Sheikha Mozah of Qatar has been spotted wearing the same dress but a longer version & different color. On his runway, he has a dress in black that has the same idea but the belt was hanging lower. Looks like it has been modified for the both ladies.

I disagree that its because money. I think its because she knows that such cuts fit her and goes for them, its totally different to the one in Italy but the similarity is in color.

I like this for a night reception, its has a nice stiletto it.
It was just a joke :flowers:, but seriously I wish she would recycle more. For me the dresses look similiar.
Thanks Salma for the pictures. I like beige shoes.

It was just a joke :flowers:, but seriously I wish she would recycle more. For me the dresses look similiar.

What do you mean a joke? In what way? I don't understand what you mean

You are welcome. Me too

This new red/orange dress isn't bad at all, it just makes Rania look skinnier than she is. Too skinny, in other words. Not a good choice for her, IMO. The shoes are beautiful.

What do you mean a joke? In what way? I don't understand what you mean
It was a joke that she has similiar dresses, because of the money. I really dont know why. The only think I can say seriously is that I wish she would recycle more. I think its a pitty that she often wore a dress only one time. Sorry for my bad english.

^ Thank you for the links Dazz! It's obvious that the designer altered it for Rania. I like this dress and find both necklines beautiful.

It was a joke that she has similiar dresses, because of the money. I really dont know why. The only think I can say seriously is that I wish she would recycle more. I think its a pitty that she often wore a dress only one time. Sorry for my bad english.
A lot of her evening dresses are apparently loans, which is why they may only be seen once.

The red dress she wore in NY was beautiful and a great fit. I hope she wears this colour again soon.

Thank´s Dazzling. I don´t like the dress and for wedding I prefer a colour dress, not black.

Is it unusual in the middle east to wear black to a wedding? I know that in some countries white is actually a colour of mourning?

Is it unusual in the middle east to wear black to a wedding? I know that in some countries white is actually a colour of mourning?

It's unusual to wear black since black as the West is for mourning but a very few people do wear black.

I think that a black gown is the best choice for a wedding according to stylists, of course it is about an evening gown with stones, crystals, lace, of silk fabric etc., with impressive jewellery. Black is also mourning color but without anything else, only simple black clothes. But I don't know if it is the same for Middle East.
But I have seen many times that QR in mourning cases wears black clothes with a white scarf, they are typical mourning clothes.

A lot of her evening dresses are apparently loans, which is why they may only be seen once.

I don't think they're loans. That was something said in one article one time a long time ago, and I think it was put forward to justify her clothing addiction. I strongly suspect she owns most, if not all, of the clothes she has worn as she pulls many of her evening gowns out of storage for photo shoots. She has even worn dresses for photos that she has never worn publicly. Conde Nast Traveller said in the article that accompanied her cover that she brought several of her own dresses to the photo shoot, including the off-white Elie Saab gown she ended up wearing (and which we've never seen publicly before). I'm also thinking of the Stephane Rolland couture gown she wore for photo shoots marking her 40th birthday.

This is the first time I hear about this Lebanese designer. Thanks for the info, Shalu! :flowers: I had instantly thought that the black dress was Lanvin.;) Both dresses are pretty, I like the blue one a bit more.

^ I've never heard of her either but I came across her by accident. It is very Lanvin-like but I'm not sure if I really like it. QR's had much better evening wear than this one.

I agree, this black gown looked rather strange on Rania as its top part is quite voluminous and bulky, whereas Rania is so thin. All in all, it's not a bad gown, IMO. :flowers:

^ I think you're right. The shoulders are very characterictic and make this dress quite special.;)

Nov. 6, 2010 California
Pic1

Nov. 6, 2010 California
Pic1

Beautiful dress, love the gathering fabric at the neckline. Hair is nice but with the dress it looks quite messy, with that hair style she needs a very simple neckline dress.

Nov. 6, 2010 California
Pic1

I liked the dress a lot ; but recently her make up and hairdo are not my favorite or I am bored with them ;) I prefer , for royals, CP Mary and Letizia 's make up is such occasions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom