Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed up feeling for the dress; absolutely the color is great , first hated the lower part but found it simpler than the upper and seemed to me she was heading to P.Faisal reception directly after the ceremony :)

The dress is *meh* but the hairstyle is stunning! Gives her a very regal look without being too fussy. I especially like the side view of it.:flowers:

not liking the dress too the shoulders are odd so is the collar of the dress the color is stunnig though as the hair,i liked the hairdo very much.
nice she wore those shoes again looks like Louboutin to me.

^^
I think that they are Louboutin, the sole looks red to me :flowers:

I did wonder whether this dress is meant to be worn with the belt or to fall in a drape more naturally.

The colour of the dress is great. I just don't like the top part that much. But it was a glamorous appearance anyway.

Queen Rania's dress is very interesting but the draping on the sides has been seen on many runways and on Rania once before. The work on the neck area looks quite nice but it seems to be a bit tight, I wished if it was a bit more open. I liked the color of the outfit.

The hair looked really nice and glad she did style it because this dress needed it.

If I remeber correct didnt Rania once wear a skirt suit/outfit to this event? Such dresses are far more elegent to this event.

I did wonder whether this dress is meant to be worn with the belt or to fall in a drape more naturally.
Rania seems to prefer to wear a belt with everything.

May 13, 2010, London
http://i40.tinypic.com/71plrl.jpg

(originally posted by iceflower).

Queen Rania never ceases to amaze me. Once I confused her with Angelina Jolie; here she reminds me of Penelope Cruz. Though when you think of it, there is a resemblance between the two actresses, a certain wild side and flair for the dramatic. Queen Rania is one of my favorite royal ladies, and I like thinking of her as the Penelope Cruz of queens.

Queen Rania never ceases to amaze me. Once I confused her with Angelina Jolie; here she reminds me of Penelope Cruz. Though when you think of it, there is a resemblance between the two actresses, a certain wild side and flair for the dramatic. Queen Rania is one of my favorite royal ladies, and I like thinking of her as the Penelope Cruz of queens.

Now that you say it, she does look a bit like Penelope Cruz, but I don't see how you could confuse her with Angelina. They look very different to me.

Now that you say it, she does look a bit like Penelope Cruz, but I don't see how you could confuse her with Angelina. They look very different to me.

It was a couple of summers ago, a picture in a magazine; she was vacationing in St Tropez, wearing a beautiful white dress, and reminded me of Angelina Jolie in one of the opening scenes of "Mr and Mrs Smith" where Jolie also wears a white outfit. So before I saw her name, I thought it was the actress. I also used to confuse her with Princess Letizia but not really any more. Anyway, she is a queen with attitude, and I think that's why Cruz and Jolie come to mind. Much as I like Letizia (she is perfect in her way), I don't think of her as having the same kind of movie star glamour. Queen Rania owns the stage everywhere she goes, she has incredible presence. It may come from the force of character she has developed with her strong and often counter-current cultural convictions which she demonstrates in her choice of outfits.

oh I thought the make up looked better than this !!! I think rania has much more better gowns ..

Beautiful in purple, but her hair is horrible.

Not a good look and the purple dress is wearing her and not vice versa

The dress itself isn't bad. It's the hair and makeup that looks awful. I think if she had put more effort in the hair and makeup it would have been a success.

The purple gown is wonderful, but this hairstyle doesn't highlight her beauty IMO.

i like it only littel too much eye make up. but it is a royal wedding. sombody now's where more picture of rania at the wedding are?

IS that iman in that grey dress?

Messy hair, weird cut, the color is too hard, too much make up, strange lipstick color......oh no Rania, what were you thinking ?

I am disappointed with Queen Rania's look. The dress is extremely awkward in my personal opnion, whereas the makeup and puffy unpolished hairstyle overshadowed Queen Rania's natural beauty. She missed yet another opportunity to wear a gala ensemble with Middle-Eastern elements. I am sure Mr. Saab would have done his best to create the one for her.

I personally thought Queen Rania tried too hard and messed everything up. Her make up was dull with heavy/dark eyeshadow.
The dress cut was nice and fitted well but the sleeves and the detailing was all wrong and was no where to being nice or pretty.
The hair looked like a big mess ball and did not go well with the short sleeve which itself looked like a mess.

I agree with Albina, she couldve taken something from Elie Saab which he never dissapoints.

I wasn't impressed at all by this look... Hair too messy and the dress isn't really something special. JMO.

Really awful, as I said in the wedding thread. She looks like she's attending the MTV awards. Tacky, cheap looking dress, terrible color on her, bracelet on her head. I was so expecting more elegance from Rania.

i like it only littel too much eye make up. but it is a royal wedding. sombody now's where more picture of rania at the wedding are?

IS that iman in that grey dress?

Yes is Iman.

I don´t like QR´dress one sleeve longer than the other.

The dress and color are nice but the hair ruins it all. Too bad she a stunning woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom