Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 3: March - November 2009 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said in an interview some time ago that she borrows alot of her wardrobe, including gala gowns.

Moreover, after QEII she is probably one of the most famous royal women around and is well-known amongst top designers. It makes perfect sense for them to dress her both during the day and at night.

For example, during her trip to Italy the majority of her wardrobe, with the exception of her Stephen Rolland gown, was by Italian designers. That's no coincidence and imo it wouldn't surprise me if she wore those dresses for free. Her visit received alot of publicity in the Italian media.

I find the borrowing very interesting in the dressing of royals. Who is responsible for marketing and releasing which designer a royal wore, the royals press office? or the designer's pr department?

Futher, why do some royals have to purchase (eg: CP Mary or CP Maxima) and some wear for advertising purposes?

Queen Rania doesn't "advertise" or "promote" the designers that she wears specifically. Her office doesn't issue a press release everytime she wears a new gown declaring who it is by and whether she purchased the outfit or not. She has said in the past that she borrows items because it is more economical but has never gone into any details of which designer, how the arrangement came about etc.

Most of the time we know who she is wearing thanks to some very eagle-eyed posters on this board like dazzling, salma and chelsea who identify certain pieces.

As for women like Mary, I imagine that they buy their clothing because frankly, they don't have the international clout, fame or admiration that Rania does. It wouldn't really benefit any designer if they were to lend her their clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom