Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't now if this is new but........

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 669
1. May 23, 1999
2. 1999
personally, I dont think portraits really count but here you go

Attachments

• May 23, 1999b.jpg
    May 23, 1999b.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,817
  • post-41-1065164715.jpg
    post-41-1065164715.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3,069
At the Spanish pre-wedding of the beautiful couple: Felipe and Letizia...

the train of the dress is in such a mess....

Attachments

• messy dress.jpg
    messy dress.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,050
Same shoes

Pic 1: charity dinner, March 2001

Pic 2: Red Cross Gala, June 2001

Attachments

• londondinner01.jpg
    londondinner01.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 374
  • DWF15-34210.jpg
    DWF15-34210.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4,774
do you think that the queen actually pays for her clothes? personally I dont think so, I think that she either gets her clothes,shoes,bags,etc. for free or she only pays a symbolic price,like having 5 or 6 pieces for the price of one piece, maybe that is why we find that every season she wears many outfits from one particular designer.

I don't do any ideia...... i gona chek, but i don't love but like, is diferent.

cut1me said:
im guessin that would be because they are not really aware of her lifestyle. Most of the lower class dont have much TV or internet, and as JTV is very selective of what they show they dont really have any way of knowing
I guess so too...Add to that the lower class people are busy trying to survive and to secure their basic needs. besides, even if they do care about her lavish lifestyle and beautiful wardrobe, they won't speak about it..otherwise, they will be put to jail under what ever excuse...do not forget, the lower class does not have connections....

almahboubah said:
LOL! Why? Coz she's just as ugly? Cruz is a very common latin name.
yes, she is penelope's sister. but... she isn't that ugly. in that photo she looks really bad but actually she is quite pretty...

1 to 4) From Corbis: Dresses by Dominique Sirop

5 to 7) From IML: Dress by Elie Saab

8,9) Dress by Ferre

Attachments

• DWF15-727005.jpg
    DWF15-727005.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 942
  • DWF15-727047.jpg
    DWF15-727047.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 568
  • DWF15-727045.jpg
    DWF15-727045.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 681
  • DWF15-454774.jpg
    DWF15-454774.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 624
  • Stockholm++++++++++++++++++%2310.jpeg
    Stockholm++++++++++++++++++%2310.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,058
  • Stockholm++++++++++++++++++%2311.jpeg
    Stockholm++++++++++++++++++%2311.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,040
  • Stockholm+++++++++++++++++++%239.jpeg
    Stockholm+++++++++++++++++++%239.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,166
  • __hr_dinner+in+Paris+NOV+99+pic1.jpeg
    __hr_dinner+in+Paris+NOV+99+pic1.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 523
  • dinner+in+Paris+NOV+99+pic2.jpeg
    dinner+in+Paris+NOV+99+pic2.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,936
Last edited by a moderator:
1,2) From Rex Features: Dress by John Galliano

3,4,5) From Rex Features: Dresses by Jean Paul Gaultier

6,7) Dresses by Elie Saab

Attachments

• __hr_wearing+Galliano+JUN+01.jpeg
    __hr_wearing+Galliano+JUN+01.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 631
  • __hr_reception+in+London+JUN+01.jpeg
    __hr_reception+in+London+JUN+01.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,691
  • __hr_Red+Cross+Ball+JUN+02.jpeg
    __hr_Red+Cross+Ball+JUN+02.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 683
  • __hr_state+dinner+in+Berlin+OCT+02.jpeg
    __hr_state+dinner+in+Berlin+OCT+02.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 485
  • __hr_in+black+trimmed+with+fur.jpeg
    __hr_in+black+trimmed+with+fur.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 395
  • rania9a.jpeg
    rania9a.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 1,073
  • S468.jpeg
    S468.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,277
Balqis said:
Dresses by Elie Saab
the brown color of the dress make me feel as it's made of hard bricks of chocolate :D was it appropriate or not for the occasion? I see behind "for Gastrointestinal Health"

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
it's very revealing.

queen Rania dosen't care a bout what she is wearing all what she cares a bout is being style, she should at least hide her skin , not wearing backless dress

actually I think that the dress Rania wore for Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding gala was quite out-of-character for her. Rania always wears what by "western" standards might be called conservative dresses. But they're always stunning and unique and look beautiful on her. She never exposes herself in an undignified manner.
I think I might be able to come up with some examples;)

Here's a rarely seen dress Rania wore to a benefit gala in London in 2001.
I find it incredibly glamourous and even sexy. And yet, Rania's not showing any skin.

Beautiful lace and embroidery are a common feature in many of Rania's formal gowns.

Rania at a palestinian benefit in London - March 2001

Versailles Gala - December 2001

Unfortunately I dont have any bigger pics of the entire outfit. Its very elegant though, the combination of the heavily worked gold top with the simple black skirt.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
actually I think that the dress Rania wore for Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding gala was quite out-of-character for her. Rania always wears what by "western" standards might be called conservative dresses. But they're always stunning and unique and look beautiful on her. She never exposes herself in an undignified manner.
I think I might be able to come up with some examples;)

Yes indeed, we have tons of dresses worne by rania thanks to the agencies which she engaged;) to follow her,and thanks to you Humera for sending them here in TRF;) !

But what rania wore in the spanish wedding in the gala dinner,shows how rania works,she knew that there would a lot of conccurence from other royal women,thing to what she wasn't used,since she used to be the "lonely guest star":rolleyes: in the other gala dinners,so displaying her self that way by wearing inapropriate dress,was the lonely way to make her in the spot or the centre of attentions as she like to be:D !

IMO,this dress wasn't appropriate for two reasons,first it wasn't enough covered for a "muslim" queen of a suppsed family descendant from the prophet of "Islam":confused: !
Second,the colour and the design were more appropriate for a bride, you can see that in sirop's catwalk,so rania seems to like to concurrent even the Bride:confused: :D !

That proofs how rania is an egocentric person;) !

yes you're right I completely forgot. I actually have a clearer picture that shows the blue belt detail on top of the skirt.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes you're right I completely forgot. I actually have a clearer picture that shows the blue belt detail on top of the skirt.

you know what, i have a magazine with a picture of rania wearing that skirt,i'll try to scan it just for you:D !

Monalisa said:
Yes indeed, we have tons of dresses worne by rania thanks to the agencies which she engaged;) to follow her,and thanks to you Humera for sending them here in TRF;) !

But what rania wore in the spanish wedding in the gala dinner,shows how rania works,she knew that there would a lot of conccurence from other royal women,thing to what she wasn't used,since she used to be the "lonely guest star":rolleyes: in the other gala dinners,so displaying her self that way by wearing inapropriate dress,was the lonely way to make her in the spot or the centre of attentions as she like to be:D !

IMO,this dress wasn't appropriate for two reasons,first it wasn't enough covered for a "muslim" queen of a suppsed family descendant from the prophet of "Islam":confused: !
Second,the colour and the design were more appropriate for a bride, you can see that in sirop's catwalk,so rania seems to like to concurrent even the Bride:confused: :D !

That proofs how rania is an egocentric person;) !

well I agree with some of what you've said. But the dress she wore was to the pre-wedding event so it didnt compete with the bride. The outfit she wore to the wedding was the one with the light purple skirt. So its no inappropriate in that respect. There's no rule that says that only a bride can wear a white dress.
I actually find this dress, as I said before, out of character for Rania. It doesnt seem like her style at all. I think she could've worn something different, more appropriate, and still looked beautiful. Strapless isnt really Rania's style, and we all remember the picture where her bra or whatever support garment she was wearing underneath came loose.
The fact that she might've worn this dress to stand out amid all the other royals is possible, though its only speculation, and I dont think it makes her egocentric since I dont think she is that way. She did say in a recent interview that she is not at ease at state banquets. She does try and draw attention to her country through the media, but that also means they watch what she wears, how she looks, particularly at formal events. Maybe she feels uncomfortable at formal events because there's the pressure of expectation and looking good all the time.
Btw..as you probably know and have mentioned on a few occassions, I am quite familiar with most of the events Rania attends. So I think you'll believe me when I say that she doesnt attend nearly as many formal events and galas as most of the other royals out there. The new crown princesses Mary and Letizia, for example, have worn more gala outfits in one year than Rania does in 2 or 3 years. We have more pictures of these women since their engagements were announced than of Rania in the same time period. Rania only goes to an average of 4-5 formal events a year. Infact some years even Queen Noor has appeared at more formal events in the US. Most of the pictures I have of Rania are attending conferences, making speeches, meeting Jordanians and word leaders, on overseas visits, generally performing her duties. Many of the galas she attends are usually for charitable causes she supports. So I think in terms of media coverage there are royals out there who are exposed way more than Rania. But while they're photographed mostly holding flowers at their husband's side or at ballets, galas etc (not that there's anything wrong with that), the context of Rania's coverage is largely different.
Thats enough of that. I dont want this thread to turn into a huge argument:)

Last edited:
Monalisa said:
you know what, i have a magazine with a picture of rania wearing that skirt,i'll try to scan it just for you:D !

thanx I'd love to see it!

Thanx for those pics Monalisa

More pictures....
November 2001 - London State Visit, Part 1

Last edited:
November 2001 - London State Visit, Part 2

Dress by Elie Saab

Last edited:
November 2001 - London State Visit, Part 3

Elie Saab again

Status
Not open for further replies.