Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 14: January 2016 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit is really pretty IMO, simple yet classic. The pumps are nice but not with the outfit.

I do agree with you dazzling. I like it too.

Too bad Rania -again- did not confirm to the dresscode, which was hat and gloves for ladies. She did the same in the Netherlands. I find it a lack of professionalism. When an European royal has to cover her head in the Middle-East, they do so. In return Rania prefers her celebrity wear over royal dresscode.

Last edited:
Too bad Rania -again- did not confirm to the dresscode, which was hat and gloves for ladies. She did the same in the Netherlands. I find it a lack of professionalism. When an European royal has to cover her head in the Middle-East, they do so. In return Rania prefers her celebrity wear over royal dresscode.

The Jordanian's simply don't wear hats and gloves. The same can be said for Queen Letizia on state visits who doesn't wear hats. The royals cover only in Saudi Arabia and lately they haven't. When they do so in the Middle East, it's when visiting to a mosque.

Moreover, Queen Rania covers while visiting the Vatican, so she does follow the dress code when necessary.

Last edited:
The pink outfit is very beautiful and elegant.

[...]

Moreover, Queen Rania covers while visiting the Vatican, so she does follow the dress code when necessary.

Why does Rania follow the dresscode at the Vatican (she is not even Catholic) and not at the royal court in Brussels? Here Rania in casual wear with a hat.

Queen Noor of Jordan did conform to dresscode when needed: In white. In stray. With feather. In brown (Rania without).

Princess Haya of Jordan conforms to dresscode when needed: In white. In blue. In crème. In black-and-white. In canvas.

Princess Sarvath of Jordan conforms to dresscode when needed: With a fascinator. In fur. With her trademark veil.

i think the pink outfit is pefection the cut of the coat is very beautiful the brooch is lovely addition;
my only complain is the hair it's a mess.

i think the pink outfit is pefection the cut of the coat is very beautiful the brooch is lovely addition;
my only complain is the hair it's a mess.

I think this is not a brooch, looks like an embroidery

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is not a brooch, looks like an embroidery

I agree, the flower looks to be embroidery. It fits too perfectly to the angle of the coat, the brooch would have been designed for the coat IMO.

The pink looks great on her. :flowers:

I agree, the flower looks to be embroidery. It fits too perfectly to the angle of the coat, the brooch would have been designed for the coat IMO.

The pink looks great on her. :flowers:
first sight it look like a brooch to me i have to re-visit the doctor:D
anyway it's really pretty and add a lovely touch the pink coat.

first sight it look like a brooch to me i have to re-visit the doctor:D
anyway it's really pretty and add a lovely touch the pink coat.

Me too, at first sight looked like a brooch, then I saw a close up photo and it was clear

First outfit - nothing inappropriate, and I like the color, but (and this is just a personal thing), I prefer smaller clutches in these events, rather than handbags or satchels.

Second outfit, okay, but not spectacular. Also, I think the lipstick is heavy, not in color but in its application.

Mademoiselle Lilo - I regret to say that those links came to me with indecent advertisements incorporated :ohmy: thought I had better let you know!

Seconding this notification.

First outfit - Pretty coat and lovely color. The outfit was ruined by her large handbag which IMO didn't suit the event. The pumps were a bit to heavy/dark for such a soft look. Nude pumps would've worked better.

Second outfit - Great!

There is no dress code that requires hats and gloves for such events. We may like to see them, but there is no formal requirement. Ranish is not European, nor sure why she needs to wear completely redundant items like hats and gloves

There is no dress code that requires hats and gloves for such events. We may like to see them, but there is no formal requirement. Ranish is not European, nor sure why she needs to wear completely redundant items like hats and gloves

There is an extensive list with dresscodes. Every Government will have a sort of Bureau Ceremonial & Protocol. Here you see such a list.

Under "officiële ontvangst" (official reception) it mentions as dresscode: "dress on knee-length, hat during daytime, coat during daytime".

:flowers:

:previous: Two small points:
1. Those are rules in the Netherlands. Not Belgium.
2. Those are MILITARY dress code, not 'royal state visits'. It is the appropriate dress for civilians attending a military event like a funeral, awards ceremony and so on.

Different countries have different protocalls. Visiting royals tend to follow the customs of the court they are visiting. As seen in other countries like Spain, a hat and gloves are certainly not required.

I only like the pink coat. I expected more from her. The second outfit OK but no amazing.

May 19, 2016 - Queen Rania on the second day of the state visit to Belgium in a black and white Louis Vuitton dress, coat and a red bag.

Not a bad look!

Full view with coat ** Without coat **

Louis Vuitton FALL 2015 READY-TO-WEAR runway dress

Last edited:
:previous: Two small points:
1. Those are rules in the Netherlands. Not Belgium.
2. Those are MILITARY dress code, not 'royal state visits'. It is the appropriate dress for civilians attending a military event like a funeral, awards ceremony and so on.

Different countries have different protocalls. Visiting royals tend to follow the customs of the court they are visiting. As seen in other countries like Spain, a hat and gloves are certainly not required.

The ceremonial and protocol is standardized and the same list is used for the Department of Foreign Affairs. This one was a handy link, the Belgians are not quite digitalized, to say it with an understatement. There are various protocol services. P2 in the organigram is the "Direction du Protocole et de l'organisation des visites de travail, des visites officielles et des visites d’Etat en Belgique et de la sécurité des missions diplomatiques en Belgique". There are special books for it, sadly not in pdf format: link.

The ceremonial and protocol is standardized and the same list is used for the Department of Foreign Affairs. This one was a handy link, the Belgians are not quite digitalized, to say it with an understatement. There are various protocol services. P2 in the organigram is the "Direction du Protocole et de l'organisation des visites de travail, des visites officielles et des visites d’Etat en Belgique et de la sécurité des missions diplomatiques en Belgique". There are special books for it, sadly not in pdf format: link.

Rania does not need to conform to Belgian protocol in this regard. Jordan does not have a culture of hats and gloves, so I don't see why she should wear them.

May 19, 2016 - Queen Rania on the second day of the state visit to Belgium in a black and white Louis Vuitton dress, coat and a red bag.

Not a bad look!

Full view with coat ** Without coat **

Louis Vuitton FALL 2015 READY-TO-WEAR runway dress

The dress is so so but not bad. I don't think it's nice choice to pair it with that striped coat??? I mean the dress already has some complicated pattern and it looked so busy with a striped coat. :ermm: I like her bag though.

I like the dress, definitely better than Mathilde's today. But the coat is a definite miss. Too much with the patterned dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom