Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 11: October 2012 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you don't understand what I mean. I was thinking about Jordanians. They may not know that their queen has a very expensive Prada coat or Lanvin bag. I suspect that they aren't looking for it in Vogue. Moreover you won't find this information in most of European magazines (what queen Rania is wearing). But almost everyone knows Chanel logo and everyone , even poor Jordanians, knows what it is. I wasn't thinking about people like you and me who spend time on looking for high fashion in the Internet and who can identify almost everything.

I would contest the assumption that most poor Jordanians know a Chanel label when they see one, I doubt that is true in much of the developing world, let alone Jordan.
As for European magazines, they do often publish info. on Queen Rania's clothes and online sites regularly have articles on what she's wearing, which bag she's carrying etc.

i don't know the big deal here Channel isn't the only expensive brand in the world and alot of Princesse wore their pieces in their official engagements i don't see why is not practical or logical plus Queen Rania has wore much more expensive outfits than Channel and from other brands.
anyway i join Dazz opinion the outfit is boring and look like school uniform not her best.

It's not a big deal - I just wanted to say that clothes without the logo even if they are expensive are more suitable for the queen of a poor country. I know that other Rania's pieces are far more expensive but people don't know it because they don't see the logo and Elie Saab dress can be an ordinary dress for them. And of course, a lot of princesses and queens wear such things but let's say sheikha Mozah's country doesn't have to ask for financial help.

Girls, Jordan is not the only and one poor country whose leaders wear expensive clothes. I believe that Queen Rania has a very low profile in clothes, they are well known brands maybe but they are simple, extremely simple. A queen or a president can't wear rαgs, he has to wear some decent clothes

Last edited:
I understand your point of view but there are some clothes between rags and Lanvin. You don't need to have a Prada jacket to look appropriate even if you are a queen. Well-known brand doesn't always mean the highest quality (if you are interested in high fashion I recommend a book by Dana Thomas - Deluxe: How luxury lost its luster). I have nothing against Rania's expensive clothes but only when she maintains sanity. Does she really needs HUNDREDS of bags, similar dresses and every month new diamond earrings to look appropriately for the situation?

The average Jordanian woman may not be wealthy, but she is not ignorant as well! Any Jordanian woman with access to Internet, magazines and newspapers know what Chanel is and can recognize the very famous crossed Cs. While it's regal to wear premier designer clothes, wearing designer items with obvious display of their logo is such a faux-pas for someone like her. As a queen it is best for her to keep away from monograms and logos because they usually send the wrong message, gladly she rarely does it.

Thanks Rossina. I´d like see the skirt.

I understand your point of view but there are some clothes between rags and Lanvin. You don't need to have a Prada jacket to look appropriate even if you are a queen. Well-known brand doesn't always mean the highest quality (if you are interested in high fashion I recommend a book by Dana Thomas - Deluxe: How luxury lost its luster). I have nothing against Rania's expensive clothes but only when she maintains sanity. Does she really needs HUNDREDS of bags, similar dresses and every month new diamond earrings to look appropriately for the situation?

Rags was a phrasal exaggeration.Decent clothes at this social level (queen or president) means expensive clothes, I may not agree but this is the reality. She doesn't wear Lanvin every day but in special occasions. If not her then who?
Also I disagree with the opinion that Jordanians don't know brands logos, or can't say if a dress is a high fashion dress or not, I am sure they know as other countries 's people

Last edited:
Rags was a phrasal exaggeration.Decent clothes at this social level (queen or president) means expensive clothes, I may not agree but this is the reality. She doesn't wear Lanvin every day but in special occasions. If not her then who?
Also I disagree with the opinion that Jordanians don't know brands logos, or can't say if a dress is a high fashion dress or not, I am sure they know as other countries 's people

Yes, you're right - this is the reality but it doesn't mean that we have to agree with it. And we should discuss it because only then we will have the opportunity to change sth. Who can wear expensive clothes? People who earn themselves - businessmen, singers and many many more, but not these ones who live from taxes and other public money. Especially when we're talking about a poor country. If I lived in Norway or Switzerland (GDP per capita $46000) I would have nothing against my queen in Chanel. But if I were a citizen of Jordan (GDP per capita $6000) and my queen was carrying a bag for which I had to work half a year I wouldn't be happy. The other thing is that maybe she have all those things for free as gifts from designers. But Jordanians don't know it.

She seems to be wearing a printed skirt with the blue blouse. That's quite a rare sight. Is the weather warming up in Jordan already?

need better view fot he outfit.
however the blouse looks nice and the belt is intersting although don't like Queen obsession with them,the skirt on the other hand isn't my cup of tea.

I don´t like the leather skirt and I can´t understand her obsession with belts too.

I like the leather skirt :p
the blouse is nice too but I cant stand the belt.

the hair is wonderful,the underneath purlple top looks intersting but the rest is a mess especially the jacket i actually didn't get the idea behind the cut.

The top and jacket are very pretty but not together, there is so much going on with the two pieces which together it looks messy.

Jan. 30, 2014

Queen Rania wore a recycled white blouse and black skirt

ImageBam

Jan. 30, 2014

Queen Rania wore a recycled white blouse and black skirt

ImageBam

The skirt is very interesting with the white inserts. Id love to see a close up of the skirt, the fabric looks textured/laced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom