Queen Rania's Accessories Part 1: December 2003 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,2) Jean Paul Gaultier...........

3,4) Jean Paul Gaultier..............

5,6) Giorgio Armani..................

7,8) Giorgio Armani...................

9,10) Gucci...........................

Attachments

• OCT+02+++++++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    OCT+02+++++++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2,554
  • Gaultier+++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    Gaultier+++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • JUN+02++++++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    JUN+02++++++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,599
  • Gaultier++++++++++++++++++++%233.jpg
    Gaultier++++++++++++++++++++%233.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 3,156
  • Giorgio+Armani+++++++++++++%234.jpg
    Giorgio+Armani+++++++++++++%234.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 2,944
  • JUN+01+++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    JUN+01+++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 557
  • Giorgio+Armani+++++++++++++%231.jpg
    Giorgio+Armani+++++++++++++%231.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,655
  • NOV+01+++++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    NOV+01+++++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 2,971
  • Gucci++++++++++++++%2315.jpg
    Gucci++++++++++++++%2315.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 2,561
  • NOV+02+++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    NOV+02+++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,650
Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting to note that Rania doesn't always buy straight off the runway. Many outfits seem to be modified to cover more than the "Runway model" did.

She also usually looks better in the outfits than most of the models! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1,2) Gucci........................

3,4) Prada......................

5,6) Marc Jacobs

7,8) Giorgio Armani..............

9.10) Ralph Lauren.......

Attachments

• Gucci++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    Gucci++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 525
  • 0000360734-007.jpg
    0000360734-007.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 328
  • Prada++++++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    Prada++++++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,968
  • OCT+03++++++++++++++%239.jpg
    OCT+03++++++++++++++%239.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 3,477
  • Marc+Jacobs++++++++++++%232.jpg
    Marc+Jacobs++++++++++++%232.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2,421
  • FEB+03+++++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    FEB+03+++++++++++++++++++%231.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2,414
  • Giorgio+Armani+++++++++++++%232.jpg
    Giorgio+Armani+++++++++++++%232.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 3,250
  • NOV+01+++++++++++++++++++%235.jpg
    NOV+01+++++++++++++++++++%235.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,623
  • Ralph+Lauren+++++++++++++%233.jpg
    Ralph+Lauren+++++++++++++%233.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,220
  • JUN+01+++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    JUN+01+++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3,321
1,2) Valentino.........

3,4) Michael Kors........

5,6) Valentino.......

Attachments

• Valentino.jpg
    Valentino.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 2,276
  • NOV+99++++++++++++++++%233.jpg
    NOV+99++++++++++++++++%233.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2,191
  • DWF15-443069.jpg
    DWF15-443069.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,675
  • Micheal+Kors+Skirt+(Her%27s+is+brown).jpg
    Micheal+Kors+Skirt+(Her%27s+is+brown).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,399
  • Valentino+++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    Valentino+++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2,288
  • NOV+00++++++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    NOV+00++++++++++++++++++++%232.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,227
wymanda said:
It is interesting to note that Rania doesn't always buy straight off the runway. Many outfits seem to be modified to cover more than the "Runway model" did.

She also usually looks better in the outfits than most of the models! :rolleyes:
I've never seen anyone wearing exactly the same dresses,most of fashion shows dresses are not ordinary

cute_girl said:
Valentino.......

This particular suit I like better on the model because of my preference for the darker shade.

Rania's hair style usually looks like the famous lebanese hair stylist Tony El Mendelek's style,could it possibly be him who gives her hairstyles?

Attachments

• 1DSC_0228.jpg
    1DSC_0228.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 495
1,2,3) DOLCE & GABBANA AUTUMN/WINTER 2004-5

4,5,6) GIVENCHY SPRING/SUMMER 2004 COUTURE

Attachments

• 00190f.jpg
    00190f.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3,416
  • 51775393.jpg
    51775393.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 51775405.jpg
    51775405.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 50887176.jpg
    50887176.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 405
  • K104975_300.jpg
    K104975_300.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 0644P0060.jpg
    0644P0060.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 392
question

abir said:
DOLCE & GABBANA AUTUMN/WINTER 2004-5
Is it possible that some of this fashion creators allows to Her Majesty wear this outfits free?

sol_anglada said:
Is it possible that some of this fashion creators allows to Her Majesty wear this outfits free?
Good question sol.
I don't know for sure, but I guess it can be ... or if someone buy many things from the same fashion house, then they can give gifts :)

Last edited:
Bravo for all the pics, still posting!!

wymanda said:

I completely agree. Some of the outfits look okay on the runway, but not anything special. But after alterations and on Queen Rania they look absolutely beautiful. Her Majesty and her dresser do an excellent job of altering clothes that are somewhat revealing to make them classy and appropriate for her role as queen of a conservative country.

Last edited:
Queen Rania Is a very fashionable person and i personaly like what she wears..... but she Keeps Travelling from country to country to Raise Funds for poor people in Jordan, I have seen her clothes and know how much they are worth.
I rarely see her wearing the same outfit more than once or twice. One outfit is worth what a poor Jodanian Family would spend in a whole year...
I think if she spends half of what she spends on her fashion she will still be fashionable and would help More families than she does now....

Agree El Jood..Even i read in the Spanish press about Rania..they consider her a fashion victim because of the big discrepancy between her very beautiful branded expensive clothes and Jordan as a poor country.:confused: ...

Anyway, i enjoy seeing her clothes...:rolleyes:

The two dresses she wore to the spains CP wedding is over a budget 10 poor famillies make a year.Givenchy couture isnt cheap, starts from about $20,000 for just an outfit, the other designer is also coutre so would start from about the same place, lets say she spent on them $30,000.Isnt that a waste?she could of had something cheaper done and even nicer.The one she wore to the pre-wedding dinner, the silver dress was terrible.she could of also covered her arms more abit

monamona said:
Agree El Jood..Even i read in the Spanish press about Rania..they consider her a fashion victim because of the big discrepancy between her very beautiful branded expensive clothes and Jordan as a poor country.:confused: ...

Anyway, i enjoy seeing her clothes...:rolleyes:

Hola magazine was wrong for that, and I think they are hitting way below the belt. Like another member wrote in one of Letizia's threads, it is tacky of them, and I couldn't agree more. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but I thought a fashion victim was someone who can't dress...or doesn't have any fashion sense...

El Jood said:
I rarely see her wearing the same outfit more than once or twice.

To me this would seem to point to her borrowing from the fashion houses rather than buying. Lets face it, an occassion like the wedding in Spain was going to be seen by the entire world... what better advertisment for any couture house than a beautiful woman like Rania at a event like that. Same deal when she visits foreign countries..... heaps of photographs in the glossies - that kind of publicity is going to cost hundreds of thousands in any currency and they get it for free. Rather worth lending the lady a few pretty clothes.

Last edited:
wymanda said:
To me this would seem to point to her borrowing from the fashion houses rather than buying. Lets face it, an occassion like the wedding in Spain was going to be seen by the entire world... what better advertisment for any couture house than a beautiful woman like Rania at a event like that. Same deal when she visits foreign countries..... heaps of photographs in the glossies - that kind of publicity is going to cost hundreds of thousands in any currency and they get it for free. Rather worth lending the lady a few pretty clothes.

That is a very good idea. I think spending $20,000/$30,000 is a little extravagant. People spend that on a car; not an item of clothing.

sommone said:
Hola magazine was wrong for that, and I think they are hitting way below the belt. Like another member wrote in one of Letizia's threads, it is tacky of them, and I couldn't agree more. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but I thought a fashion victim was someone who can't dress...or doesn't have any fashion sense...

you're right..tabloids hardly have the moral authority to criticize others, especially when it is the style and fashion of famous women they make their money from.
Queen Rania may wear a lot of designer clothes but she's no fashion victim because no one wears those clothes better than she does.
Ofcourse that doesnt mean I'm excusing her extravagance.
But she also does recycle her clothing contrary to what many people think and what I used to think. There was a great thread about the very subject on this forum a while ago.

I've posted these pics before but here they are again..
Queen Rania wearing Elie Saab during the State visit to Sweden in October 2003.
The same dress was worn by Debra Messing and Whitney Houston in 2004.

Attachments

• Elie Saab 1.jpg
    Elie Saab 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Whitney Houston.jpg
    Whitney Houston.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 619
  • Debra Messing .jpg
    Debra Messing .jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Elie Saab 2.jpg
    Elie Saab 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 335
  • Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 411
Rania in Elie Saab again, during a visit to the US in October 2003

Attachments

• 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 368
  • Rania dress copy.JPG
    Rania dress copy.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 439
1. Rania wearing Armani in Milan, September 2002
2. The same dress at an Armani exhibit in October 2003

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 352
  • s dress.jpg
    s dress.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 302
~*~Humera~*~ said:
1. Rania wearing Armani in Milan, September 2002
2. The same dress at an Armani exhibit in October 2003

At an exhibit?????
Another pointer to the fact that Rania borrows her clothes from the designers??

wymanda said:
At an exhibit?????
Another pointer to the fact that Rania borrows her clothes from the designers??

yes I wouldnt be surprised if she borrows some of her evening gowns in particular. I have seen her wear jackets, skirts, pants etc more than once and twice but she doesnt wear most of her formal outfits more than once.

Danielle said:
Thanks cute_girl and abir for all the photos. :)
You are welcome Danielle.

I agree with some members: it's always nice to see a woman wearing nice cloths/makeup and takes care of herself (or if she has money so others will take care of her). In other side, all this it does cost .... not everything is free. So if rania buys most of her gala outfits, then it's true, she spends a lot.

I come across this old article of the Time from: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,591282-3,00.html

"If her pillow talk with Abdullah was political, Rania's early public profile was predictably centered on her looks and her wardrobe. There were comparisons to Jacqueline Kennedy and Diana, Princess of Wales, and she became a favorite of celebrity interviewers, gossip columnists, fashion magazines and paparazzi on both sides of the Atlantic. Inevitably, this led to criticism from Amman's salon society, where her fondness for designer dresses and expensive European vacations is viewed as inappropriate for a poor country squeezed between the conflicts in Palestine and Iraq. The gossips call her "the handbag Queen," and even serious commentators grumble about palace over-spending — including on Rania's Challenger jet. She calls the criticism "part of the turf," but adds: "If the gossip gets out of hand, I may have to look at myself and ask, Am I doing something wrong?"

What I see contradictory, is that rania wears expensive dresses which costs hundreds of thousands of $ during charity events.
If she buys those outfits, then it doesn't sound at all credible.

Last edited:
PRADA AUTUMN/WINTER 2003-4

Attachments

• 00030f-prada.jpg
    00030f-prada.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 932
  • 00040f-prada.jpg
    00040f-prada.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,710
  • rania-1.jpg
    rania-1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 621
  • rania-2.jpg
    rania-2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 645
sommone said:

The article that talks about Rania as a fashion victim appears in ABC newspaper. It was written by BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR.

".. Rania de Jordania quien, aparte de monísima, es una «fashion victim» de las que no quedan. Rania usa y abusa de los valentinos, pradas, givenchys y guccis hasta en situaciones tan corrientes como pasear con sus hijos, hacer «footing» por algún puerto donde atraque su yate o ir a una reunión de una ONG con la alta costura como bandera..."

Translation as given by Elsa, M.:

" Rania of Jordan, who despite being a gorgeous woman, is a fashion victim, as there are few. Rania uses and abuses of the valentinos, pradas, givenchys and guccis,even in such current situations as strolling with her children, footing by the port where her yacht is anchored, or going to a meeting of a ONG (welfare organization), hanging on the high couture flag."

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
sol_anglada said:
Truely I dont think so,many of their clients are celebrities(famous hollywood stars,royalties and...)if they give discount or give their products free to someone because she's famous and can be a live and walking advertisment for them then they wouldn't be able to make any money as far as all of their clients are famous!i know of no ordinary person spending 30,000$ on a dress!

As I said before, I don’t know for sure if well known fashion designers give something for free, especially gala dresses that cost $$,$$$

But I heard some beginner designers they give gifts to celebrities; this helps them to be known: some sort of advertisement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom