Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: July 2013 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The overall look is lovely. I am not sure about the dress per se as it seems to be more appropriate for a younger lady.
Hmm, I think you are right. The waist seems a little high for her or maybe it's just the way she is standing.

Lovely look and i like it. The hairstyle is my favourite. The colour suits her well, but the flower is just not for me.

Doesn't maxima has the same dress in green?

Her dress is lovely indeed but too short for a Queen.
Great Hairdo

She looks fabulous.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

She looked elegant and I don't think her dress is too short, but each to their own. I'm often not a huge fan of dresses like this, but Mathilde managed to pull it off.

Last edited:
She looked elegant and I don't think her dress is too short, but each to their own. I'm often not a huge fan of dresses like this, but Mathilde managed to pull hers off.

:eek: I hope she didn't lol!

:previous: :ROFLMAO: :blush:. I guess I needed to re-phrase my sentence, I meant to say "pull it off", as in "the dress wouldn't look great on me or another person, but it looks good on Mathilde due to her elegance".

She looks stunning. Perhaps, it was a bit too short in which to sit down -- I think I saw a bit of her "spanx" :)

:previous: Beautiful cut and colour, and the fabric is very lovely. A great repeat although I have to admit I prefer the dress with an updo. Matilde alway makes a gown look more elegant that way.

Last edited:
She always looks stunning in blue, but especially in an Electric Blue like this. Lovely as always. Any idea what the stones are her earrings are made of?

She looks really lovely in the blue dress, a very elegant lady. And those beautiful blue earrings, what are they? They are drop dead gorgeous and go so well with her hair and gown. Beautiful woman who makes it look so easy to be beautiful!

I love the colour of Mathilde's first dress, it suits her well. Although I'm not so sure about the design on her left sleeve. I'm not a huge fan of her black dress because it's a little on the sea through side for my taste, but she looks elegant and it's nice to see her bring Elisabeth along.

Queen Mathilde lovely in a silver dress at the fourth and last session of the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Singing Competition 2014 in Brussels yesterday, May 31:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The black dress looks really cute, yet maybe a black lining instead of white, I know that would hide the design of the lace, yet the white just doesn't go, maybe crème/beige colored lining would be better. The sliver dress is very chic on her, did she get a new hair cut, I really like this entire style on her, the hair(very very chic),the make-up and the jewels. She is always a lady, very proper and regal.

:previous: Perfect dress for the occasion. As usual, the devil is in the detail and in this case an elegant dress with a perfect coiffure that somehow manages to look like and updo, and yet not. The look is finished by her refined jewellery, beautiful but simple earrings and bracelet.

Everything speaks of restrained elegance and of a lady who is not there to overshadow the event and what it is all about.

:previous: Perfect dress for the occasion. As usual, the devil is in the detail and in this case an elegant dress with a perfect coiffure that somehow manages to look like and updo, and yet not. The look is finished by her refined jewellery, beautiful but simple earrings and bracelet.

Everything speaks of restrained elegance and of a lady who is not there to overshadow the event and what it is all about.

Perfect description, of a real Queen!

Queen Mathilde lovely in a silver dress at the fourth and last session of the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Singing Competition 2014 in Brussels yesterday, May 31:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
I like the silver dress I think.
It's not like some silver glitter dresses where they look like they're wearing tinfoil.
My only complaint about the blue dress, which I love the color of, and this one, are that they are too short. I love cocktail dresses, and there are some occasions when that is appropriate, but when I think Queens, I think ballgown.

Mathilde's latest outfit looks lovely on her, although there's something about the dress that's not quite right which I can't put my finger on.

Mathilde's latest outfit looks lovely on her, although there's something about the dress that's not quite right which I can't put my finger on.

Same here- and also with the blue dress. Both are lovely, but there's something wrong with both that I can't put my finger on.

She does look lovely but the [problems are that the dresses dont fit - that simple.

The silver one has problems around the armholes as they are pleating/creasing towards the bodice - that means they are either too tight or there is not enough room across the bust. The waistline is also not sitting correctly. Ergo - badly finished.

As for the blue one (which is a lovely dress) it is pulling across the bust causing creases.

Agree, terrible fit on the silver dress. The armholes gaping in the back instead of lying flat, from the front, you see there is no room for the bust, it is the wrong spot, as is the waist. A shame. Nice material.

I like the silver dress. Not too glittery, and she does look elegant. A nice haircut and earrings are my favorites. A real eye-catcher.

Very feminine, a small self same belt would have been nice. Love the hem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom