Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: July 2013 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Mathilde looking wonderful in two shades of raspberry-coloured pink for a dinner with China's President Xi Jinping and his wife this evening, March 30:

** Full view **

The colors are lovely but the hairstyle doesn't suit her.

What a youthful appearance. Maybe the dress was a bit out of place for this event but it looked very nice indeed.

The gala ensemble is absolutely regally gorgeous. It is nice to see Queen Mathilde opting for minimal jewellery. Mrs Peng Liyuan looked lovely in an ensemble with traditional elements.

Last edited:
She should attach her Sash with a Brooch .
She is our first Queen wearing the Belgian Sash, Queen Paola never did.

That blue dress is amazing! Just stunningly beautiful. The color and the style are just perfect. Mathilde looks so beautiful.

I am in love with that dress!
So gorgeous!

Much as I love this dress when I first saw it in Luxembourg (perhaps because it's a side view), now when she stand straight, the dress made her looks wide in the waist and hip area.

The blue evening gown is absolutely gorgeous on Mathilde.

Queen Mathilde at a meeting with Ban Ki-Moon and his wife yesterday evening, April 1, wearing a new lace dress in green. An unsual strong colour for a lace dress, but I like it on her:

** Full view ** Upper part **

That green dress is gorgeous. I love the style and the color. This dress is just beautiful.

Shapeless lace dress and I am getting a bit tired of such necklines on Mathilde, she has worn several similar ones in the past few months by Natan. I must say though, this is a nice and a fresh color for her and for the season.

:previous: I'd noticed that too.

I usually do not like lace dresses, but this one is exception. Really nice dress and the whole look is stunning.

Queen Mathilde at a meeting with Ban Ki-Moon and his wife yesterday evening, April 1, wearing a new lace dress in green. An unsual strong colour for a lace dress, but I like it on her:

I love the colour. Over the last few years, we have seen a lot of royal ladies in a lot of neutral lace dresses, but it is nice to see a fresh, strong colour for a change.

Shapeless lace dress and I am getting a bit tired of such necklines on Mathilde, she has worn several similar ones in the past few months by Natan. I must say though, this is a nice and a fresh color for her and for the season.

I actually think she deliberately chooses necklines that do not require her to wear a necklace. This may well be because of the very jewellery-light vaults the Belgians possess.

Love the colour, and I have a think for lace but it has very little shape for me and doesn't flatter Mathilde very well.

Love the colour, and I have a think for lace but it has very little shape for me and doesn't flatter Mathilde very well.
I agree. I don't think the neckline flattered her at all which surprised me because if anyone could pull off a lace dress it should have been Mathilde.

I love the color. But not sure about it in lace.

I love the colour. Over the last few years, we have seen a lot of royal ladies in a lot of neutral lace dresses, but it is nice to see a fresh, strong colour for a change.

I actually think she deliberately chooses necklines that do not require her to wear a necklace. This may well be because of the very jewellery-light vaults the Belgians possess.

I was about to say that I thought the green lace dress would have been better with a diamond necklace or brooch, just to break up look a little, then I saw your post about the jewellery vaults!

I agree with both Lumutqueen and MARG regarding the neckline. Other than that, the dress is lovely, fresh and looks great on Mathilde.

All three dresses HM has worn this week have been stunners, but ITA w/everyone over the green lace dress. Both colour wise and type of dress, but it really works on Mathilde.

That close up of her face from the Banquet though? That is the most beautiful picture of this lovely lady I have ever seen and many thanks to the poster who shared the link.

The overall look is lovely. I am not sure about the dress per se as it seems to be more appropriate for a younger lady.

Last edited:
Love the hair style and the color of the dress on her. I don't care for the flower, she could've worn a nice brooch instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom