Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 8: March 2018 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2017 - March 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Mathilde in blue arriving at Ottawa International Airport for the state visit to Canada today, March 11:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The outfit is beautiful and regal.

Mathilde looks gorgeous. Her outfit is very simple but elegant at the same time.

Last edited:
A stunningly regal red outfit.

I love her arrival outfit, very chic. I love the brooch, and button detail :flowers:

The red is fantastic. I love the hat. Since she isn't wearing the maple leaf brooch at first, I assume it was a gift to her from us.

I love the coat and pants in her casual look as well.

All in all, a great start to the tour :flowers:

Before we had King Baudouin and King Albert II as Kings and their Consort Queens in their shadow. With her bling bling clothes King Philippe is in the Shadow. I don't agree with that. The Queen don't have to promote Natan in Canada.

That's one of her best looks. Very beautiful.

Before we had King Baudouin and King Albert II as Kings and their Consort Queens in their shadow. With her bling bling clothes King Philippe is in the Shadow. I don't agree with that. The Queen don't have to promote Natan in Canada.

Are you trying to say Mathilde is often overdressed ? If that is the case, I disagree. She dresses as one would expect the queen of a wealthy European country (and former industrial and colonial power) to dress. Sometimes it is a miss, but most of the time she nails it.

I don't particularly like that Natan look BTW.

That's an extremely biased comment. Mathilde and Philippe have always worked as a team and Philippe has never been outshinef by his wife. Of course when it comes to outfits a dress will always impress and get more attentions than a simple tuxedo. It's what we do here: focus on the looks.
As for the previous Queen Consorts: Fabiola wasn't known for her fashion taste, whereas Paola outshined her husband a lot during the Dolce Vita years...when she became a queen at 56 she wasn't exactly in her prime.

I love the colors but not a huge fan of the print of the skirt. :flowers:

Hate the thing on her head. Looks like a decopage honor to our flag :eek:

I love the look. Beautiful coat.

Love that headpiece, also by Natan?

No, the hat is by Fabienne Delvigne.
https://royalhats.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/belgian-monarchs-continue-canadian-state-visit/

Queen Mathilde in Toronto today, March 14:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **

Both coat and hat are repeats.
Here’s the coat in 2016, with different closure:
https://royalhats.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/2016-03-08-german-state-visit-to-belgium-4.jpg?w=869
https://royalhats.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/belgian-monarchs-welcome-german-state-visit/

Hat was worn for the State Visit to Poland in 2015.
https://royalhats.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/day-2-of-belgian-state-visit-to-poland/

I find it very interesting that Mathilde has predominantly worn repeats, but with slight alterations. Changing a collar on a gown, closure on a coat, altering a hat slightly or adding a cape are all easy things to do, but give outfits different looks. I’m a huge fan of repeating and adapting clothes and I wish more royals did this, they all have tailors and bespoke designs regularly made after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I agree. I like seeing royals recycle, but also when they find great ways of changing up the look just a bit. This is when having a great handle on accessories comes in handy. Just a slight change in styling makes a difference, and at times some mild alterations. Not just recycling, but the use of varied accessories and not simply jewelry, I would love to see some more royals embrace, especially younger ones.

I love today's look. The coat is very elegant and chic on her. :flowers:

The hat is fantastic, and I love her hair style as well ?

:previous: I think it is great up close and up to about 10 feet. Then the color detail muddles and (at least in photos) it seems to vvvvviiiiiiiiibbbbbrrrrate. I think from 30 feet, the vibe goes away and it is fine. This is one that I would really like to see in person to judge it. But no one has volunteered to buy me plane tickets, lately. ;).

I hate the hat. Not sure about the coat and dress. Initially it seems like it’s too much but the detail is nice on the close up picture.

Side note: I think Mathilde would look beautiful in the shade of purple the other lady is wearing in the first picture. Actually, it’s a great colour, period.

Ugh and she has been doing amazing this tour. The coat makes me dizzy :sad:

I do love the color of the accessories.

Mathilde should certainly get her own poll for this tour, so many amazing choices (if we ever get a new poll).

Back on track. Lovely coat, great color. :flowers:

And again I love a real hat on her. And the cape is great outdoors ?

But agree the boots were horrid. Reminds of Letizia and those red boots of hers. Not a good look with the jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom