Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 8: March 2018 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how can Natan be a favourite of both Mathilde and Maxima. They know how to be classy and stylish, but whenever they pick Natan, there's somehow something off in their look. Since Mathilde loves a more conservative style, she should really start to ask for some help from Sophie Wessex and try some Suzannah piece. I think it would really suit her!!!

That is rather unflattering to say, but, for a cash-strapped royal house like Belgium's, could it be that Natan is a more affordable choice for Mathilde ?

That is rather unflattering to say, but, for a cash-strapped royal house like Belgium's, could it be that Natan is a more affordable choice for Mathilde ?

I don't think Natan is cheap with his "royal" couturier reputation. And she also wears dresses by Armani, Dries Van Noten, Esmeralda Ammoun, von Furstenberg, etc. So I don't think money is an issue here.

Last edited:
That is just so horrible on her, did she look in a mirror before she walked out, a very unprofessional outfit for anything.

I like the colours but the shape and material of the skirt are unflattering. Not a good look on her.

I think high waisted dresses are not all that flattering for her. Otherwise, I could buy into this. Lower. That. Waist. It's a nice color on her/almost anyone. :flowers:

Last edited:
I love the blouse but the skirt is too much.

I think part of the problem is standing next to Letizia. Mathilde is tall but she really isn't large, but standing next to the small framed Letizia there is an optical illusion.

I am a huge fan of the Queen but this outfit just doesn't work. Letizia always looks elegant.

Seperately it is a nice skirt and a nice blouse, but together it is all kinds of wrong.

Queen Mathilde yesterday, June 7, during a reception for the Heads of Diplomatic Missions accredited in Brussels, recycling a great combination in blue and white:

** Upper part/Side view ** July 2016 **

For the ceremony of the federal award for ''Poverty Reduction'' in Brussels today, June 8, Mathilde recycled a great burgundy Natan dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** July 2015 ** June 2016 **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde in a nice recycled Dries van Noten dress at the painting restoration workshop of the Royal Institute for Artistic Heritage today, June 11:

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 2014 **

Queen Maxims have similar dress
it's nice style but i don't like how the prints are only in the upper part of the dress

I love this and find it tasteful and flattering on her. Also - it's not the same old same old.

Queen Mathilde in a red dress at a working meeting at the Royal Palace today, June 21:

** Full view **

She looks elegant in the red dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
This dress reminds me a lot of CP Victoria's dress during the Cambridge Visit and her visit to Latvia.

Latvia

Not too bad for the dreaded designer, although the sleeves are way too tight. The hat just about ruins the outfit, the red wasn’t the right color to pull for accessories

:previous: I'm not a fan of Mathilde's trousers as an individual piece of clothing, but together with her white top they work really nicely.

Pants are simply ugly and wouldn't look good on anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom