Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great in the navy blue ensemble. Those plaid pants should be burned

I am just going to ignore the plaid pajamas :bang:

She looks incredible in the gates meeting. The dress is elegant and I love the coat. Fantastic look on the queen :flowers:

Very very chic the Queen today! And i love this brooch!

Chic , yes but fot this Royal Event she should have worn black as all the other Ladies.

I didn't think there was a dress code for the Mass,I thought the queen looked very elegant!

Chic , yes but fot this Royal Event she should have worn black as all the other Ladies.

Sorry but i don't agree with you! Like An Ard Ri said "I didn't think there was a dress code for the Mass"

Last edited:
Gray, purple and dark blue were/are all considered half-mourning. I think it's perfectly appropriate. If she had shown up in neon yellow, that would have been a different story.

I think Mathilde looked classical and elegant; as well as appropriate for mass. In the second photo, there's a purple coat in the background (just a bit of it) so Mathilde isn't the only one who isn't dressed in black. I think grey and white are also perfectly acceptable colours for such an occasion. As the previous poster said, she's not dressed in a bright colour which would have been rather outlandish at this event.

This was an annual memorial mass, not funeral. Grey is more than appropriate. We often see royals and others at memorials in somber colors but not black.

The queen looks very chic. I find the visit very elegant and appropriate, :flowers:

This is a double love look for me. Brooch and hat. The brooch is really lovely. And I love her elegant updo and the real hat.

Last edited:
(..)
There was no dress code , Majesté Mathilde the King's Consort was dominating all the real family Members . The only one with a hat, which was awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathilde looked good at the mass. I don't care if she is the only one wearing a hat, she is Queen and it's nice that she is standing out. Im not crazy about her coat but I do like the light great against the darker shade of her hat.

Nice and elegant outfit for the arrival!

Happy to see it recycled, great coat. She looks very chic. :flowers:

I must say I also like it better with the black pants this time. Not a fan of the white she Wore previous.

Queen Mathilde on the second day in Laos today, February 21, wearing a top and printed pants - a good mixture of casual and more elegant pieces:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Only combined with a black and white printed scarf it was a bit too much:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:
:previous: Well said.I think she is smarter with prints than any other royal, JMO. I also have a wide, dark cuff and I also have problems styling it. It tends to stand out a bit more than I would wish.

I only like the first look. The grey jacket is beautiful.

I love today's look. The pants are great and simple top :flowers:

I even don't mind the scarf. The pattern has a similar feel to the lasts without being a total match other than in colors. Now if she was head to toe in the pants pattern, it would be too much.

Lovely colors and pattern, the style suits her and where she is.

I don't like this dress, it looks dowdy.

I agree, nothing flattering about this look. And while I normally love hats, thus hat and pair of sneakers don't belong at all with the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom