Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A really lovely dress on her and the color is wonderful for her. The style is perfect and this dress from the front looks like it was made just for her. She is one beautiful and gracious lady it seems, besides she has a cute gentleman on her arm.

Simple but professional look. The color is beautiful on her :flowers:

Good heavens, yesterday Queen Máxima, today Queen Mathilde... what is this with that horrible tweed????

Both horrors, but Máxima was the worst. The event was a New Year's Reception with jacquet (morning coat) or uniform as dresscode. The tweed was a total clash with that dresscode. Mathilde's tweed wad horrible too, but it was a symposium without specific dresscode.

Last edited by a moderator:
My two favorite queens style wise have been disappointing me.

I am usually a fan of tweed but this pattern is horrid. slightly better in pabts, as the skirt style is as hideous as material, but both are ugly. This fabric screams blanket and should be used for that alone.

Her top is a nice color though.

I have a dilemma :ermm:

Skirt or trousers?

So difficult :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The top is a great color but the pants are awful.

Good heavens, yesterday Queen Máxima, today Queen Mathilde... what is this with that horrible tweed????

Big scale tweed for fitted pants has been popular at least one other time in my life. It was a Mod look in the late 60s early 70s. For all that, I think Mathilde does justice to a look that is, in general, a horror. She looks as good as you can in those trousers. JMO.

:previous: yep, she looks like her husband woke her up to late for the flight and she threw a coat and scarf over her pajamas. From that view, her shoes even have a slipper feeling. :lol:

Last edited:
:previous: Indeed!!! Please Mathilde don't wear it again!

Now those are indeed horrible,the rest of the outfit is lovely and they do look like pajamas bottoms!

I cant believe that she is only 44. She dresses and styles her hair 20 years older than that. And I say that as someone who likes and admires her.

I cant believe that she is only 44. She dresses and styles her hair 20 years older than that. And I say that as someone who likes and admires her.

I prefer Queen Mathilde's elegant hairdoes any day above Queen Máxima's unkempt look on "informal engagements". Looking young seems not the first preoccupation of Queens. I like it that they do not want to look like barbie dolls, like we saw on TV yesterday.

As dress i don't like it very much but the color is very beautiful.

I absolutely love the color and simple style. But something about the sleeves is odd to me. :ermm:

Wonderful coat, the colors are perfect on her and she can handle the big pattern. The dress is a typical Nathan unflattering disaster

The grey/white coat is very lovely.

Queen Mathilde in a new dress at the New Year's reception for representatives of international institutions, government delegates, and business leaders today, January 31:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Queen Mathilde's dress looked like a unflattering bird.

Queen Mathilde in a new dress at the New Year's reception for representatives of international institutions, government delegates, and business leaders today, January 31:

Of course taste is in the eye of the beholder but at leasy she dresses appropriate and has a well-groomed gracious appearance.

I like this print - vaguely floral/tribal/geometric. I like it especially for an indoor seated event. She looks good in the color combination. And yes - wonderfully groomed/accessorized. :flowers:

Horrible print. One of her worst looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom