Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As said by others, the dress on HM does her no favors as it appears to be for a more mature woman. She is so much more vibrant and elegant and Young looking!! She deserves better!

Yes, she looks really nice in that outfit, I love the top part. Isn't it cold there right now? Saw her picture outside and no coat?

Yes, she looks really nice in that outfit, I love the top part. Isn't it cold there right now? Saw her picture outside and no coat?

It looks more like spring here these days. High temperatures for the time of the year.

I like the top but I would combine it with something else. Very dark.

Compared to the ladies standing around HM, she looks very drab and hardly festive for the occasion. Not one of her better looks...

I love the top but am not a fan of the trousers as they're a little baggy for me. I also agree with eya in that the outfit is a little dark. Perhaps red trousers or a gold skirt would've added a bit more festive colour.

Queen Mathilde looks radiant and I loved the two piece she wore. The neckline of the top is very elegant and Mathilde's deportment really makes it work. The embellishment down the front of the top is really different but not unattractive and I love that she wore earrings that worked really well with the top.

Mathilde is one of the few royals that look great in trousers and this time is no different.

Very chic and elegant for the first New Year's reception!

So do not like this dress, the big bow on the top, just messy IMO. The print on the dress, just to busy. This dress screams a big mess for me and she is such a beautiful lady and sometimes wear clothes that are just so unbecoming on her.:ohmy:

Queen Mathilde is looking indeed very very good!. I love the blue blouse!!

Mathilde looks so nice in pants and this is no exception.

Queen Mathilde looked really nice today, she looks great in pants and that blue in the blouse really goes well with her coloring. Nice outfit today, very nice.

I can't decide on whether or not I like Mathilde's latest outfit. I like the black and blue together, but there's something about the pattern of her blouse that puts me off...

I like the red lace dress for the reception and the second outfit with Queen Rania is simple but elegant.

Both outfits are lovely and I particularly like the blue top on the second one. I'm not so sure about the shape of the skirt either because of the material - I think that shape works well with a silk fabric.

Mathilde's red dress is amazing! I think most royal women can pull off red well.
I like the colours of Mathilde's outfit she wore whilst meeting Rania and her skirt is rather elegant, but I find her top to be quite frumpy for some reason.

Both outfits are lovely and I particularly like the blue top on the second one. I'm not so sure about the shape of the skirt either because of the material - I think that shape works well with a silk fabric.
Like many I didn't like the 'shape' of the skirt but I think you nailed it calling it a fabric problem rather than a style one. If it had been in silk, or even fine light wool it would have fallen elegantly in folds around her knees and the movement of the skirt when she walked would have been a soft and gentle ruffle or swirl. The actual skirt seems as soft as cardboard.

But the ensemble isn't a total loss. I love the beautiful and original design of soft blue top.

Elegant dress perfect for the reception. Lovely hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom