Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind at the ribbon. Mathilde is just WOW.

Oh wow indeed - this black and white dress is gorgeous! I think it would look great with or without the bow, but I confess I do like the bow even if it is rather large. Mathilde has worn a bows like this before - visit to Paris? Also Maxima has a penchant for them!

I dont mind the bow but the fit of the dress is terrible, the hem looks poorly stitched and the fit around the middle area is unflattering. I do like the white and black combination.

Excluding the bow, the dress is beautiful. I love the print.

Mathilde in royal blue at the welcome ceremony for the Turkish President in Brussels today, October 5.

** Full view ** Upper part ** December 2013 **

Queen Mathilde in a red lace lace dress at a reception and lunch during the state visit from Turkey today, October 6:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Back view **

Queen Mathilde attended the award ceremony of the 'Prijs der Nederlandse Letteren', Dutch literature prize, at the Royal Palace today, October 8, wearing a new dress in black and white.

I would have liked it better without the ribbon on the shoulder.

** Full view **

First- Wow! Now that's a Queen! Love it!
Second- Love it!
Third- No. Forgive me, but the bow looks stupid.

I agree with iceflower; if the bow wasn't there it would've been a wonderful look. It's such a shame because the design is really lovely and Mathilde looks great in it.

The Queen looked wonderful in the black-and-white dress. The bow or what was it seemed a bit heavy, causing a poor fit but on itself a nice and flamboyant appearance.

I like Matilde's dress. I love black and white and the pattern is good. Fortunately, the bow is not too big. Close-up view shows that the fit of the dresss is little unflattering, but i still like it.

Mathilde wearing a nice grey coat at the celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the youth movement 'Guides Catholiques de Belgique' in Namur today, October 11:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Elegant and stylish as always.

Queen Mathilde on day 1 of the state visit to Poland today, October 13, wearing a new printed coat.

I don't like that the hat is open, but the rest is great!

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Hat **

Not fond of the hat at all, looks unfinished or the top part missing. The coat isn't bad but I would've preferred it in another style as it's style is a bit unflattering. The colors of the printed coat and dress underneath work well.

I think it's lovely except that the coat style adds about 20 pounds! She looks much more roly poly in the coat than she is.

It's a stunning outfit and perfect for a state visit. The pattern and colours of the coat are amazing, but with the cut and style of the coat it confuses the eye and makes it look bigger than it really is. I do love the colour combination with the hat, but I agree the hat would look nicer if it had a top!

The president's wife looks beautiful too.

The ensemble is all right. The colours are season appropriate. I am disappointed by Queen Mathilde's topless hat. The Polish First Lady looked elegant.

Last edited:
Very bad cut, makes her look huge and the print contributes to the bathrobe look. Hat would be ok if it was finished on top

I don't like the coat , i don't like the hat. It is not of the best appearance of the Queen. I agree that the first lady is more elegant.

It's a bad ensemble. The coat makes her look fat, and the colors are not flattering her. She looks much older in this outfit

The coat should have been slimmer and a finished hat would have been nice.

Don't like the topless hat or printed coat,the Polish First Lady looked far more elegant.

Queen Mathilde on day 1 of the state visit to Poland today, October 13, wearing a new printed coat.

I don't like that the hat is open, but the rest is great!

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Hat **
I like the colors, but that's it. The pattern's awful, the coat makes her look as if she's expecting, and don't like the open hat.
Love what the First Lady of Poland is wearing!

This is one of her worst looks. The print is terrible. The shoes however are beautiful.

It's a lovely colour on Queen Mathilde and very elegant. This time, though, I prefer the dress and coat without a hat!

Elegant, chic, beautiful, amazing it has no end. The jewels are wonderful especially earrings.

I love the color and style on Mathilde and obviously the hat was made to match, however, though I like that style of hate, I don't think it is especially flattering on her.

It's a lovely colour on Queen Mathilde and very elegant. This time, though, I prefer the dress and coat without a hat!
I agree with you. The hat does not fit the ensemble well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom