Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 4: March 2015 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree with your sentiments, princess gertrude. Well said!!

I don't like the design of the white dress.

The outfit is very beautiful. I love the colors and the print.

Is sooo beautiful soo elegant. I love the color. Perfect.

Like the blouse. Dislike the print of the skirt- but it looks 1000 times better on Mathilde than it did on Maxima!

If you wanted to design a skirt which would make your waist look thick and emphasize your tummy, you really couldn't do better than this. The cut and the fabric are so terribly inflattering. A light color, super shiny fabric, pleats across the waistline, A real shame

Last edited:
Natan does it again! Shiny fabric, isn't tailored to actually fit. What IS tailoring??? Does Natan know? Two lovely ladies. Why, why do they buy from this "designer"?

Don't mind the look on Maxima but Mathilde Noooo.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very unflattering skirt. Makes her look wide in the hips, fabric is too shiny, print is not pretty. Typical Natan mistakes. Why do these lovely queens keep choosing this designer???

I think they buy Natan because they liked his designs and have no idea how awful some of the things they choose look on them.

Mathilde at the Car Free Sunday in Brussels on September 20, recycling a summer coat combined with a top and pants in white:

** Full view ** July 2014 **

I think they buy Natan because they liked his designs and have no idea how awful some of the things they choose look on them.

I suppose she buys Natan to promote the national fashion industry, which is one of the duties of any queen consort. Maxima doesn't have the same excuse, but the Dutch still act sometimes as if Belgium and the Netherlands were parts of the same country.

Mathilde at the Car Free Sunday in Brussels on September 20, recycling a summer coat combined with a top and pants in white:

** Full view ** July 2014 **

The outfit is perfect for the relax suday day with the family but because there will be photographers lose don't our elegance :)

If she buys to promote the fashion industry that is great, but surely there are designers that can do a better job than Natan.

I don't like the jacket but the rest of the look is lovely.

If she buys to promote the fashion industry that is great, but surely there are designers that can do a better job than Natan.

Excuse my ignorance about fashion, but is there any other noteworthy couture designer in Belgium ?

I love the jacket, and it looks quite fun on her!

Excuse my ignorance about fashion, but is there any other noteworthy couture designer in Belgium ?

Of course, there are plenty: Dries Van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, A.F Vandevorst, Veronique Branquinho, Veronique Leroy, Christian Wijnants, Haider Ackermann, Maison Martin Margiela, Cedric Charlier, Peter Pilotto (is half Belgian), Raf Simons from Dior is Belgian, and now I'm only naming those who're showing in Paris, London or NY.

:previous:There are no complaints or whining from all these designers;

Mathilde at a round table meeting in Brussels yesterday, September 22, recycling a combination of yellow blouse and animal print skirt:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** October 2014 **

The color is atrocious as is the design/fit.

ETA: I cannot think of ANYONE who would look good in this color ....

Last edited:
That "chrome yellow" colour is nearly impossible to wear for anyone. Very harsh shade.

Totally agree about the color. I dislike the big bow at the neck, as well. Not one of HM better looks.

Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for her but that is wrong. Nobody is forcing her to wear these awful you know who designs. And, she pays for them. She is so tall and slim and pretty she could wear anything and yet she makes his horrible designs look good , or passable. I guess everyone tells her she looks good and she doesn't have time or talent for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom