Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I think Mathilde looked wonderful. Her white ensemble looked to be very plain but elegant and offset with a truly fabulous white lace mantilla. But, if the Queen of Belgium turned up in anything less than the finest Brussels Lace, I would have been very surprised indeed.

It is a little difficult to get a real sense of the ensemble when she was on crutchers as her shoulders hunched a little and so the best view was of her seated in her wheelchair or when she stood unaided accepting a gift from HH.

I thought this was a very beautiful shot of Mathilde.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/2cf8341c1dc434388a165129293f1606/tumblr_nkyofo8G9d1r6jme9o1_500.jpg

Ps: Does anyone know what the traditional "gift" we see the Pope give is?

Mathilde looks breathtaking there, you kind of tend to forget how beautiful she really is, her face is gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
(..)
As I said above, she put a great effort in order to look as if nothing bothered her and I appreciate that. And she looked stunning, who can doubt this?

Several posts and comments - about the Pope, presents and Queen Mathilde's injury - have been removed as off-topic. Please note that this is a thread to discuss fashion only. Events and other topics should be discussed in the individual subforums, in this particular case there's also this extra thread: Belgian Official Visit to the Vatican: March 9, 2015.
Thanks for your understanding!

March 11, 2015 - Mathilde in a lovely grey dress matched with a skinny belt and flats.

The dress fits perfectly and the style is lovely. Mathilde looked great!

Full view ** Close up

Very elegant.

The grey dress is very beautiful and lovely.

The grey dress is simple and lovely at the same time. I like flats too.

I'm not liking the dress that much, but her flats are to die for!! Cute and kicky, to boot.

I love the color of the coat. She looks lovely.

Last edited:
Orange is a great color on Mathilde. Its matched great with grey pants and I like the scarf around her neck.

Orange is a difficult color to wear in my view. But Mathilde looks wonderful in it! Love the scarf!!

Queen Mathilde attended the event "Week of Care" at the Centre Sint-Lodewijk in Wetteren today, March 13, recycling the lovely Natan dress in light pink, that suits her so well:

** Full view ** January 2015 **

Lovely! Light pink is such a good color on her.

She is. Like Grace Kelly. Or dare I say Diana?

Last edited:
The dress is great but the bolero/cardigan is not pretty at all nor does it look anywhere dressy.

Queen Mathilde attended the event "Week of Care" at the Centre Sint-Lodewijk in Wetteren today, March 13, recycling the lovely Natan dress in light pink, that suits her so well:

** Full view ** January 2015 **

This is a beautiful look. I love the color combination.

Pretty in pink! But I don't care for the bolero/cardi. So old-fashioned... :(

Mathilde looks great and that peach colour looks good on her, but I'm not a fan of her cardigan either. Not because it looks old fashioned, but because I think the colour of it looks a little odd with the peach dress.

Green for St Patrick's day or is it just coincidental?

Love it, this time it looked better than ever. I prefer the green version, much more vivid.

Mathilde looks great! Green suits her a lot, and this outfit is no exception.

Green for St Patrick's day or is it just coincidental?

That's what I was wondering - I'm not sure if there is a large Irish community in Belgium so I don't know how widely St. Patrick's Day is celebrated there, but I've always gotten the impression that St. Patrick's Day is only a big celebration in Ireland (I live in England and there were no big celebrations in my area [and we have quite a large Irish community here and lots of people are of Irish descent, myself included], though given the fact that the Cambridges attended an event, I'm not sure if that's the same for the rest of the country) and the United States, so I think it's more likely that Mathilde wearing green is just a coincidence (but the Irish part of me likes to think she wore it in connection with St. Patrick's Day!)

Last edited:
I like the neckline on this dress. It takes it up a notch in the style department.

I love Mathilde's coat, its so pretty and so is the colors. This would be a perfect coat with a hat. Her hairstyle looks very nicely done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom