Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of the loveliest outfits I've seen on Mathilde.

Also i think this can be considered a timeless outfit. Something that would have easily been considered fashionable 20 years ago and we won't change our mind about it in a 20 years time. I think it was perfect for such an occasion.
If she only had accessorized it a bit more...

The dress per se is fine. The hat, however, is a totally unflattering choice. A usual wide-brimmed hat would have been much better.

Last edited:
I was thinking it was missing something. A brooch is a great idea. Other than that, the only thing that I could comment on is she needs some smoother undergarments. The top of the dress especially caught my eye, it looks like there are some weird layers underneath.

The dress needs to be better lined.

The outfit minus the hat is lovely and Her Majesty looks very graceful today.

The outfits of Mathilde and Kate were not celebrated to day.
It was a remembering day and the BBC did at Saint Symphorien Cemetery a very moving Celebration.

^^^ I agree. It was not about how the ladies looked, but a solemn day of remembrance.

Though I think that Mathilda's outfit was perfect for the occasion and looked very smart on her. It's one of her best looks, IMO. I don't mind the wok look. Perhaps the milliner had in mind the soldiers' helmets from WWI when he/she designed it as the hat does vaguely resemble that shape. Or maybe it's just a wok.

Last edited:
The hat is supremely elegant and, if anything, reminiscent of an English field helmet of the time:flowers:

Snap! :flowers: That very thought occurred to me after I'd posted my original comment so I edited it.

I like the dress, and the hat is interesting. Overall, quite nice and elegant.

She looks perfect very Briliant choice , very elegant classy look , before long time she's not look that good

What a lovely outfil Mathilde wore. The clean unfussy lines of her dress and her simple hairstyle with it's classic hat in such a beautiful blue/grey were very appropriate and had the virtue of being elegant.

I am assuming the general lack of bling was to keep things centered on the reason they were all there, the Remembrance of the beginning of the Great War, the War to End All Wars.

The color might be slightly boring and dull but she looked great in the dress. The hat was not bad if it was worn better.
Does anyone know who designed this dress?

The hat is supremely elegant and, if anything, reminiscent of an English field helmet of the time:flowers:

The hat is a repeat so it was never designed with a English Tommy helmet in mind.

:flowers:

Mathilde's dress she wore yesterday was made by Armani, the hat is Fabienne Delvigne's.

Source

I should have guessed Armani, I missed the little flutter of tulle at the neckline, a giveaway and completes the look. However not really visible in pictures

What I do find interesting is that some found Kate's dress too short- but if you look at her next to Mathilde, their hemlines are nearly identical- Mathilde's is maybe a half an inch longer.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I like Queen Mathilde´s hat and dress. Perfect for such an occasion. Elegant and regal, especialy the hat. And I love her simple hairstyle.

What I do find interesting is that some found Kate's dress too short- but if you look at her next to Mathilde, their hemlines are nearly identical- Mathilde's is maybe a half an inch longer.

Kate,s is at the top of the knee, Mathilda mid knee, that would most likely be about an inch on most women, don't mean to nitpick, but even a quarter of an inch can make all the difference in tailoring,imagine if MathildE drape was pulled in a half inch?

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Mathilde looking lovely in a new light blue dress and matching hat at a ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the First World War at the Saint-Laurent Abbey in Liege on August 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

I absolutely love this dress! The color is beautiful, and it is very timeless and elegant. Mathilde looks absolutely amazing!

I just don't care for this look. I do not like the grey accessories. I love her hair from the side view. Very feminine.

There is something wrong with this dress, being someone who went to school for fashion design in another lifetime, something is off, there is no much going on on one side of the dress, it makes her look like she is unbalanced standing there, no like the hat at all, a saucer on the head is not appealing.

Queen Mathilde looking lovely in a Natan combination at a ceremony to celebrate the 200 years of the Kingdom of The Netherlands in Maastricht today, August 30.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Mathilde looks elegant and simple like always. I love this color on her. The hat is tricky, it looks good but when you look at it closely it is disappointing.

Mathilde looks elegant and simple like always. I love this color on her. The hat is tricky, it looks good but when you look at it closely it is disappointing.

I was thinking the same thing! Is it the dreadful bandage hat from a few months ago?

Not a bad outfit but it's boring. It's lacking a nice brooch.

The ensemble is totally spoilt by the bandage hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom