Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it to expect a change of her outfit? she did it already in the past

is it to expect a change of her outfit? she did it already in the past

Yes in the past she wore 2 or 3 different outfitts.
She always wears something more casual for the visit to the 'party in the park' this afternoon.

She used to also change outfitts for the military parade but the last 2 years she wore the same outfitt as she during the Te Deum.

Is it the same hat that Maxima wore in the wedding of Felipe and Letizia? It's looks the same.
Anyway I like her dress and her hat and clutch and her shoes are in perfect harmony, but as Marchesina said it would have been the perfect look for a wedding not for the national day.

Is it the same hat that Maxima wore in the wedding of Felipe and Letizia? It's looks the same.
Anyway I like her dress and her hat and clutch and her shoes are in perfect harmony, but as Marchesina said it would have been the perfect look for a wedding not for the national day.

Different color but it looks like the same style hat.

Difficult for her to walk , very high heels and narrow dress.
General Van de Put , head of the Royal House was sitting just behind Queen Mathilde and was completely hidden by her hat. Not a hat for a military Defilé.

It's a hat by Fabienne Delvigne. Maxima has the same hat in a pale pink.

It is a hat for Ascot !
A hat may not hid a General of the Royal House who tried to give an explanation and his head was among the hat's material .

The overall ensemble looked all right. The hat was overwhelming.

Way too much orange! The fit and overall design of the dress was unflattering. The hat? Words fail me. QM's smile was as beautiful as always.

Not her best at a National Day. The hat is too big and there is too much orange in the whole outfit. The dress is too casual, I agree.
Anyway, can't say that she doesn't look good, but she can do better.

It looked máxima-esque. The whole character of Queen Mathilde disappeared because it was so un-mathilde.

That it dd. Maxima has a similar hat in red- and she carries it much better. Mathilde should save this for Ascot. Or even better put it in the closet- so not her.

I didn't like Mathilde's outfit the hat was too ott and the overall look was a big miss.

It looked máxima-esque. The whole character of Queen Mathilde disappeared because it was so un-mathilde.

Even though the hat is a beautiful hat, it didn't suit her nor her character. Moreover the dress was a bit too busy for such a hat.

Looking the outfit more and more it starts growing on me tbh. The cut of the sleeves sort of reminds me of a 30s/40s dress, and I like vintage style. Though I still think the print is a bit busy for such a formal occasion...and the hat is too, but I like the shape of it

Last edited:
I agree with Duc_et_Pair on her latest outfit. I wonder if Maxima rung Mathilde on the eve of National Day to give her some fashion advice. :D

July 21, 2014 - Mathilde in a printed orange dress matched with a wide brim hat.

Full view

Queen Mathilde looks good in orange. Glad to see her in a bigger hats, but this one is too extreme and dramatic.
I really like this dress. Very nice and festive.

Ooh!:ohmy: I'm afraid I don't like that outfit at all. The dress material pattern was far too busy, and the hat far too large and :ermm: fluffy? *peers at hat* Are they downy feathers? And the asymmetrical shoulder design just doesn't work for me. No, not a success, IMO.

Sometimes women feel like they are in rut with fashion and want shake it up a bit. I think she looks great and a bit quirky for her here but then again she is one who can look regal in potato sack :)

Queen Mathilde looking lovely in a new light blue dress and matching hat at a ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the First World War at the Saint-Laurent Abbey in Liege on August 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

She looks lovely and elegant as usual, I love the hat and hair too but the neckline seems a bit spare to me. A brooch or pearls would have been nice.

She looks nice, but I don't care for the hat; looks like a wok turned sideways.

The dress is nice but it needed something to spice it up, a nice broche or something. The hat is also too plain to make a difference.

I don't like her outfit, especially her hat. This grey hat makes her older and tired. Not her colour.

Last edited:
The whole outfit is a bit plain. While the dress she wore in Normandy was simple but "complete", this one seems like it's missing something. A brooch would have completed the look. I like the dress colour but hat ages her a bit

She looks nice, but I don't care for the hat; looks like a wok turned sideways.

I hadn't noticed the hat until I looked at it for the second time, and I do agree with you about it looking like a wok. It reminds me a little of a hat Princess Eugenie wore a while ago. Having said that, Mathilde looks elegant and sophisticated (as always), and I love that shade of blue on her.

The whole outfit is a bit plain. While the dress she wore in Normandy was simple but "complete", this one seems like it's missing something. A brooch would have completed the look. I like the dress colour but hat ages her a bit
I was thinking it was missing something. A brooch is a great idea. Other than that, the only thing that I could comment on is she needs some smoother undergarments. The top of the dress especially caught my eye, it looks like there are some weird layers underneath.

Yeah, there is something going on with the top of the dress.

I really like the color and style, but I do agree that it needs a brooch or something to liven it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom