Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

A lovely Natan outfit on the day Crown Princess Mathilde becomes Queen Mathilde, July 21, 2013:

The hat is by Fabienne Delvigne.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde looks enchanting today - every inch a beautiful queen!

The dress is not bad but its not great either. The color is lovely but I thought it was too stiff in fabric for such a design. Im not fond of the back design. Overall she looked good.

The hat - Nothing new, its her typical style IMO and very Maxima as well.

I just wish she wouldn't have just stuck to Natan for such events, there are some great Belgium designers out there that could've dressed her for each event leading to today or even for todays event.

Last edited:
I like the dress, it wasn't the best choice but it was good enough. The color was good. The back design was also lovely.

Mathilde looks very regal today,it will be interesting to watch her wardrobe evolve as Belgium's new Queen consort!

She looks lovely, very regal for the occasion.

A wonderful look, every Inch a Queen
BYe Bine

she looks lovely, nice dress, i am not sure about the hat, another turbant, she is taking after maxima? but overall i am desappointed i wanted to see her in a lovely gown and tiara like Maxima!!!!

Queen Mathilde looked fabulous today. I agree with the previous posters, she looks every once a Queen :)

They both look wonderful! I love her look and style, very stately and feminine! I wish them the best in transitioning to a new era in the monarchy history of their country :flowers:

A very simple but elegant look for Mathilde today.

An Ard Ri said:
Mathilde looks very regal today,it will be interesting to watch her wardrobe evolve as Belgium's new Queen consort!

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm looking forward into seeing Mathilde's outfits as Queen. :)

I thought Queen Mathilde looked very elegant today. The colour combination of her outfit is lovely.

Belgium's new Queen Mathilde nails the European royalty look in fitted shift dress and elegant chignon at husband's inauguration | Mail Online
Mathilde wore a fitted cream shift dress with folded off-the-shoulder neckline in a soft brocade pattern.
She accessorised her outfit with short cream gloves and neutral clutch bag, hat and shoes. While the fascinating material headpiece was a rosy hue, her envelope clutch and pointed court shoes were a more earthy beige colour.
Her highlighted caramel blonde hair was neatly tucked away in an elegant chignon, allowing her beautiful pearl and diamond earrings to take centre stage. She also wore a matching bracelet.
Mathilde's make-up was neutral and light. She had applied a smooth, matte base, kohl, mascara and soft pink lipstick.

Queen Mathilde looked elegant. Her ensemble reminded of the one she wore during of the Independence Day celebrations.

Last edited:
Its an elegant look, appropriate,a tad Jacqui Kennedy and I didnt think it worked.

Material and cut didn't march,and made her look rather hippy, and for me that's afirst. I liked the hat but thought the short gloves with the sleeve length was wrong.

B+ from me.

I have a suspicion that Mathilde and Maxima have a similar view on what a queen should wear. i think that they should stick with their natural style.

:previous:
Queen Mathilde has her own style, which may not be liked by some people. It is understandable. Fortunately there is no cheap frenzy surrounding her fashion choices and lunatics offending each other.

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde is perfection! The dress, the hat, the gloves, every thing she wore was gorgeous. What a beautiful ensemble.

:previous:
Queen Mathilde has her own style, which may not be liked by some people. It is understandable. Fortunately there is no cheap frenzy surrounding her fashion choices and lunatics offending each other.

I have no idea what your second sentence means at all, or what you may be inferring.

as for Matilda's style, I usually like it and think she is usually bang on the money. but not today. Her outfit and Paola's are so similar, and IMO it isnt right.

Queen Mathilde looked really elegant. I love the style of the dress.

Queen Mathilde outfit was IMO a great choice for today´s events. I think the elegant simplicity of the outfit matches the character of the inauguration, not fancy at all.

I only wish she had chosen some brighter colours, but she looks lovely anyway. The hat is very nice.

IMO Mathilde looked very elegant and regal in her Natan dress and Fabienne Delvigne hat.
I think white suits her well and I liked her cream gloves.
She's very graceful.

Last edited:
I wish the Belgian ceremony was grander, the entire family looks like they're on a normal day out.

This is a perfect choice IMO - a case of less is more.

I don´t like to say this buth Mathilde could have done better today.

This evening she´s wearing a red/pink dress which looks familiar to me...

Very appropriate and looking very Maxima ish IMO. I would have loved to see her wow us but I realize its just not the day for that. Love those pearl earrings and its looks like shes wearing a new diamond bracelet?

A lovely Natan outfit on the day Crown Princess Mathilde becomes Queen Mathilde, July 21, 2013:

The hat is by Fabienne Delvigne.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

Absolutely love this look! The dress is a great style, classic and elegant. The hat and the gloves are also lovely. Mathilde looked perfect!

Belgium's new Queen Mathilde nails the European royalty look in fitted shift dress and elegant chignon at husband's inauguration | Mail Online

Queen Mathilde looked elegant. Her ensemble reminded of the one she wore during of the Independence Day celebrations.

The new Queen looks spectacular. I love her outfit, sooo beautiful. And I really do not understand the Daily FAIL's comment that Mathilde's look would have "certainly won the approval of the Duchess of Cambridge." Are those hacks serious? Mathilde has been on the scene over a decade longer than Kate and she has always been a very elegant woman, and a Lady in the truest sense of the word.

But I am sure she will sleep better tonight, quite relieved that the DM feels she would get the Kate stamp of approval. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom