Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Mathilde attended the international fashion conference 'Fashion Talks - Get inspired in Antwerp' today, October 17, wearing black pants and a Natan jacket. I don't like that jacket on her:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

The outfit is absolutely horrendous from head to toe! My goodness, What was she thinking?? I'm sorry, but I can't find any redeeming factors about it.

Her earrings are beautiful. That's the only thing I like about this.

Queen Mathilde attended the international fashion conference 'Fashion Talks - Get inspired in Antwerp' today, October 17, wearing black pants and a Natan jacket. I don't like that jacket on her:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
There is something off in this ensemble. The cut of the jacket is Natan's signature. Both pants and jacket seem poorly tailored. Perhaps, a skirt or plain shift dress would have been a better choice.

Last edited:
well...this is a much better outfit than yesterdays. 100% improvment. I really like the jacket even tho it's kind of busy, but it works.

Sorry, don't like it. Looks like a squid has thrown up on a hessian sack.

I don't care for the jacket at all. Florestane, you have me laughing at your perfect description!

It's not Natan, it's an Ann Demeulemeester design which surprises me because there's actually some colour in there even if it's only beige. It also looks like a jacket, not the usual black and/or white sacks the Demeulemeester calls clothes.

Thank gawd it's not Natan! Mathilde herself looks as beautiful as ever!

Mathilde is doing very good recently by not only Natan but diffrent Belgian designers such as Dries Van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester and Veronique Branquinho

It's not Natan, it's an Ann Demeulemeester design which surprises me because there's actually some colour in there even if it's only beige. It also looks like a jacket, not the usual black and/or white sacks the Demeulemeester calls clothes.

Thanks for correcting that, celestina! Natan has a dress in a quite similar design, so it looked like it carried his thumbprint.

It is hard to believe that the jacket is by Ann Demeulemeester. She is known for perfectly tailored monochrome pieces.

Last edited:
It is hard to believe that the jacket is by Ann Demeulemeester. She is known for perfectly tailored monochrome pieces.

this jacket wears her, not the other way around.

Also, her hair looks like a mullet - or something from Duran Duran circa 1992.

I like the jacket. She has enought height to wear it. It looks like linen. I'm not surprised that it is not N, I rarely like his designs.

That red outfit is beautiful! Love the shoes as well. I really dislike that hat though.

The problem of course is the following: we are focussed on her clothing all the time. Remember she has to choose anything for 11 Joyeuses Entrées and it has to be something striking each time. When she chooses always the same style, we quickly say it is boring or too traditional (eg Queen Elizabeth who is always in the same syle hat-brooch-jewellery). Here, a young Queen has to choose for a lot of same-style activities and under presure of designer (she chose Natan often: that was wrong - now she chooses again for other Belgian designers: again wrong)
With the outfit worn in Gent/Gand, I thought it not nice, but Queen Mathilde has to the style to wear it well, as was the case last week with the yellow coat. I think she dresses very nice these days as Queen. I saw her in Louvain from very close angle, and I was impressed by her appearance, although that I did not like the dress before. When you meet Queen Mathilde, I have to say that my mouth falls open just because she is such a nice personality, who tries new things in her look, and I think it works extremely well.

It is not the cloth but the positive impression They give to the Province

.Queen Mathilde in Arlon today, October 18, wearing red. The colour and cut of the coat are great, I only dislike that half of the hat is missing ;) ** Full view **
Queen Mathilde looked nice. I liked the coat's neckline. I am not keen on the hat.

Last edited:
Love the red coat; hate the hat. It looks like a visor.

Love the color and neckline of the coat, and the hat!
Do not love the unflattering cut of it, so with inverted pleats at the hip, just where most women do not need amplifying, and the odd closure of the coat, especially around the waist, another trick to make you look bigger, must be Natan.

I love the red coat but think that the craftsmanship is a little lacking on it. The hat is okay. All in all she looks really nice.
I actually like the tan and black coat from a couple of days ago. I thought it was different and interesting and looked nice on her.

Mathilde's red coat is nice but the hat looks like the top part was chopped off.

I liked her coat, red looks great on her. The top part of her hat WAS chopped off! And it looks silly.

The coat and shoes were magnificent and she's "eccentric" enough in her style to rock that hat, even if that isn't my cup of tea.

A refreshing change from that nightmarish yellow coat she wore not long ago :unsure:

I like it. She can do quirky (the hat), the colour is great and for those attending, they know she has made an effort. My only reservation is what looks like an inverse pleat(s) in the 3rd Upper part pic. IT was starting to look a tad busy at tht point, but it just might be that she is bending forward.

I've been thinking that the 2 new queens had lost their way but this is looking more positive. Maxima just needs to take charge of her hats and her hair, both could ditch the gloves and it will be fine.

The hat is odd but the rest of the outfit is lovely, that shade of red looks great on Mathilde. Her shoes are nice as well. Overall the outfit gets a thumbs up from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom