Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat dress is quite festive.

Last edited:
Love the purple dress Mathilde wore to the second New Year's Reception. She looks very elegant. I didn't particularly like the gold and red coat the first time I saw it, but it's growing on me now - don't think it's on my "love" list though.

Mathilde at the fourth New Year's reception today, January 29, wearing a yellow blouse and a nice pencil skirt. The colour of the blouse suits her, but the cut makes her look a bit matronly.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I don´t like the blouse. It looks odd and nice colour is the only positive thing.

Mathilde at the fourth New Year's reception today, January 29, wearing a yellow blouse and a nice pencil skirt. The colour of the blouse suits her, but the cut makes her look a bit matronly.

The color of her top is lovely with that skirt but the cut of the top looks a bit too messy/too big.

The blouse looks a bit big for her, but otherwise, I think the whole combination looks great.

Agree that the blouse looks too big on her. It's out of proportion with the pencil skirt. I also think Mathilde has a tendency to wear her skirts too short.

I would've liked Mathilde's outfit if we were in the 80's, but as we are in the 2010's; the colours look OK together, but I don't like the ruffles on Mathilde's blouse and her skirt is a little busy.

I like the blouse, it is different and the color is great. The pattern and slim skirt looks great with it. it is her hairstyle that is too matronly

Queen Mathilde at Child Focus in Brussels today, January 31, wearing a Natan dress of the Autumn Winter 2013 collection with a matching leather jacket.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Natan **

I'm not so sure about the top. Mathilde's red leather jacket is OK, but it would look better with a different top. I'm also not keen on the red stripe on Mathilde's skirt. Her hair is nice, however.

About the only thing I like is her hair. Very soft and youthful.

I'm not so sure about the top. Mathilde's red leather jacket is OK, but it would look better with a different top. I'm also not keen on the red stripe on Mathilde's skirt. Her hair is nice, however.

it's worse than that - its a dress!

I don't mind the dress-if it was on someone 15 years younger. This looks too young for HM.

I really like her hair and red leather jacket is also nice. I can't say anything good about the dress. At fist i didn´t realise it is a dress.

Mathilde at a reception as part of the Diplomatic Contact Days 2014 at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, February 5, 2014, wearing a skirt with an animal print and an orange-red top:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

The style of the dress is more appropriate for young girls. The material combination is awful. I do not understand Queen Mathilde's penchant for three quarter sleeves as they tend to look awkward in dresses and jackets. The only redeeming elements of the dress is the nicely tailored upper part and rich orange colour that became Queen Mathilde well. Overall the dress is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of this outfit. The animal print and shade of orange clash. It does make her stand out from the crowd though! :D

I don't mind that outfit. Her shoes and bag match the skirt, and the bright top makes a nice, warm, colourful contrast. Part of her job is to be a decoration, and I think she does that while still looking very smart. She livens up that otherwise sombre winter gathering in a fairly classy way, I think.

I also think this is more appropriate for someone younger, but the orange top is a pretty color. I dislike the bow at her waist. I love her hair! She Does liven up the crowd! :)

Queen Mathilde during an official visit to France today, February 6, looking elegant in a new (coat) dress with a lovely colour - according to press reports it's from Dior:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

Her Majesty is looking very lovely today and how the colour suits her.

The pink outfit is just beautiful. Love that shade of pink. A very classic and elegant look. One of her best looks.

Such an elegant and regal look from Mathilde - she has eased brilliantly into her role as Queen and shines on these formal events

Very elegant. I love the soft pink. She look very elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom