The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed, very Margrethe-like. I don't particularly care for the dress either (nor do I care for Benedikte's dress), but one has to hand it to her that she's not afraid to wear... well, different sorts of outfits. You've got to love her for that

Old 09-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Typical Margrethe dress. I wish she would find a more flattering hairstyle and if she must wear bright red lipstick then she should do something about the colour of her teeth. They are shocking!

And why is she carrying a navy shawl? - it doesn't pick up on any of the colours in her dress.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I was thinking the same thing - perhaps she thought it would fit in with the blue theme of her outfit, but I agree it looks a little odd with her dress, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but as others have said, is very much something that she would usually wear.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Circus like get up, both look like clowns
Old 09-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think most of her evening gowns are her own creation - or at least designed by her - or at the very least have something added to them lol
Either that or nobody else will take credit for these costumes.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post

And why is she carrying a navy shawl? - it doesn't pick up on any of the colours in her dress.

Maybe it was a colder night than she had planned for when packing so she just took whatever shawl she had brought with her?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-25-2014, 05:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Margrethe at the gala concert on the occasion of the Army's 400-year jubilee at the Opera House, Copenhagen.

I always have a hard time with white pantyhose!

http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...e-FR/image.jpg

http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...e-FR/image.jpg
Old 09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

I always have a hard time with white pantyhose!

I'm sure that's the least of it under there....
Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 AM

What i all like about Queen is the High quality fabric for the Outfits and it is necessary ... look some fabric names at thefabriclibrary . in
Old 09-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Words fail me!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think most of her evening gowns are her own creation - or at least designed by her - or at the very least have something added to them lol
QMII's absolute favorite designer or rather dressmaker is Birgitte Thaulow. In fact the dress she wore at the Greek golden anniversary recently was by Birgitte Thaulow.

Another favorite designer is Celli Freifeldt.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Benedikte, the Count and Countess of Rosenborg attended a concert of the Life Guards music corps in Copenhagen yesterday evening, November 13:

** ppe gallery ** BB: Regentparret til koncert med Livgarden ** translation **
Old 01-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen wore a forest green lace dress tonight: The Royal Watcher

the only other time I can remember her wearing it was for the gala performance during her Jubilee Celebrations in 2012. Has she worn it any other time?
Old 01-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

She wore the dress before at least these events: the State Banquet for the Turkish president this year, State Banket for the president of Slovakia 2012, Pre-Wedding in Luxembourg 2012, the Jubilee 2012.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She wore the dress before at least these events: the State Banquet for the Turkish president this year, State Banket for the president of Slovakia 2012, Pre-Wedding in Luxembourg 2012, the Jubilee 2012.
thank you! and she also wore it for a dinner in February 2012. She wore it a lot in 2012! lol
Old 01-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Although the forest green dress is not my favourite of her gowns (it's quite a subdued colour and I do prefer the satin fabrics on her), Queen Margarethe looks as magnificent as ever!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures:

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/114/8/x2048-u/8114068-.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/114/8/x2048-u/8114077-.jpg
Old 01-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary looked great tonight, I've always been on the edge about the gown Marie wore, but overall QMII stole the show completely. This gown is so majestic, it has always been a favourite of mine and the Emerald parure and the fox fur complements it so wonderfully. A proper attire for a Queen.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Whilst I'm not a fan of the fabric, I do think Margrethe looked wonderful tonight. She always manages to look elegant at the New Year's Courts, and I look forward into seeing what gown she will wear. She looks so regal in the photo of her and Henrik waving - I think that's now one of my favourite photos of the couple.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Whilst I'm not a fan of the fabric, I do think Margrethe looked wonderful tonight. She always manages to look elegant at the New Year's Courts, and I look forward into seeing what gown she will wear. She looks so regal in the photo of her and Henrik waving - I think that's now one of my favourite photos of the couple.
Agree with you- she does look elegant, but I also agree about the fabric. I loved it the first time she wore it that I saw, but now reminds me of a Christmas tablecloth. Want to like it- love lace usually, great color, but I don't. At least she didn't wear the lime green number, so I'm thankful for that! That and this needs to go back in the closet! Why can't she wear a new gown to New Years, or at least a gown of a different color?

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, queen margerthe daytimewear, queen margerthe eveningwear, queen margerthe style, queen margrethe, queen margrethe fashion