Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by "teletubby suit".

To me, the ensemble (especially the hat) that HM wore to the wedding in London and for the christening of the twins last month made her look like a giant teletubby!

Ha! Teletubby blue.. that's funny.
I don't like the dinner outfit. The twin brooches are gr8 though.

To me, the ensemble (especially the hat) that HM wore to the wedding in London and for the christening of the twins last month made her look like a giant teletubby!
Oh I see, thanks for explaining.

Queen Margrethe at the wedding ceremony of Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgestein-Berleburg
and Alexander Johannsmann in Germany on June 18, 2011, wearing a blue dress with a white
lace top. It works for Margrethe.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I quite like this outfit Q. Margrethe is wearing. The embroidered jacket is lovely over the navy blue dress. Nice!

Queen Margrethe at a concert to honour Queen Ingrid in Copenhagen, June 30, wearing an eye-catching
yellow dress with large prints. I don't like the dress much as to those colours and print, but Margrethe
can wear it :)

** Full view with a scarf ** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Margrethe at the wedding ceremony of Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgestein-Berleburg
and Alexander Johannsmann in Germany on June 18, 2011, wearing a blue dress with a white
lace top. It works for Margrethe.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Love it! So elegant, and beautiful colors!

Queen Margrethe at a concert to honour Queen Ingrid in Copenhagen, June 30, wearing an eye-catching
yellow dress with large prints. I don't like the dress much as to those colours and print, but Margrethe
can wear it :)

** Full view with a scarf ** Full view ** Upper part **
That woman can wear anything!

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Margrethe, known for her sometimes quite special outfits ;), has been dressed
really nice and elegant today, attending the 200th anniversary of The University of Oslo:

** Full view ** Upper part **

But for the evening she's chosen something different again.. I don't like that black and red dress at all.

** Full view **

Last edited:
I thought she looked elegant in the first photo but the 2nd.............horrid.

Queen Margrethe, known for her sometimes quite special outfits ;), has been dressed
really nice and elegant today, attending the 200th anniversary of The University of Oslo:

** Full view ** Upper part **

But for the evening she's chosen something different again.. I don't like that black and red dress at all.

** Full view **
Love, love, love, the first outfit, especially the hat. It is elegant, classy, and simple from head to toe.
Now for the 2nd outfit- I usually can find something to like about Margrethe's outfits, because even though they tend to be different, and would look horrid on most people, they work for her, and she can pull them off without a hitch!
But I cannot find anything good to say about this one, not even she can pull it off.
Don't like the fabric, or design. She looks like a cross between Little Red Riding Hood, and a monk/ or priest. Also kind of reminds me of a checkerboard. No offence meant by these statements... just my opinion!

Last edited:
Margrethe: Fashion opinions andd flashbacks

queenofthelight;951167Here are the various outfits of Queen Margrethe: [URL said:

The first 2 sets of pics show what I think the Queen should have worn, if she wanted to wear a red dress, instead of that horrid one. I especially love the gown in the 2nd set of pics, though it is hard to choose- I love fuchsia! Leave the fur at home though!;) It is nice to see her in a ball gown that is not green for a change....;)

I could not resist adding queenofthe light's post of some of the Queen's more "out there" creations!;) Never seen them before...these cracked me up!:lol: Especially the 2nd one- it is so loud, it makes your eyes hurt, and the hat makes her look like a cop!:lol:
The other outfits- I love the vibrant floral patterns, and colors, especially on the raincoat, and white ballgown.:flowers:

Gotta echo everyone else that the first oufit is good. Luv the hat!
The second is awful and so ill fitting.

The first 2 sets of pics show what I think the Queen should have worn, if she wanted to wear a red dress, instead of that horrid one. I especially love the gown in the 2nd set of pics, though it is hard to choose- I love fuchsia! Leave the fur at home though!;) It is nice to see her in a ball gown that is not green for a change....;)
:flowers:

I do love the fuchia gown on her. Very regal and the colour works extremely well with the shade of her hair. Her hair is also beautifully styled and the tiara is nicely placed without looking over done. Overall a very smart look.

:previous:

She loves to wear it at weddings, see post 248 above (Princess Nathalie's wedding in June) :flowers:

** Full view **

This outfit reminds me of the one she wore to the coronation of the Emperor of Japan - could it be the same one?

This is one of the dresses she wore back then, if you had that in mind, than it's also red, but not the same.
But your memory seems great nevertheless, I can't remember any of the dresses, not to mention colours
worn during those celebrations..:)

Worst possible outfit, a pink air hostess outfit from the 70ies with an Adidas hat :eek:

This is one of the dresses she wore back then, if you had that in mind, than it's also red, but not the same.
But your memory seems great nevertheless, I can't remember any of the dresses, not to mention colours
worn during those celebrations..:)

No, it's not that dress Iceflower - the one I am thinking of was at the actual enthronement ceremony. There was a book about the ceremony being sold on ebay earlier this year and it showed a photo of the foreign royals all seated during the proceedings. Queen Margrethe was wearing that red satiny tunic type outfit and I am quite sure she had a red scarf tied round her head too. I'll not be able to rest until I find that photo now!!! :flowers:

:previous: It looks as though I'm facing the tower with you! I completely agree with your assessment. Margrethe has a very unique and quirky sense of style and somehow it (usually) works for her. I don't know what it is or how it is that she pulls off what many others could not get away with.

Whew! Good, I don't want to go alone!:lol:

I'll not be able to rest until I find that photo now!!! :flowers:

I can easily understand that..:)

Yesterday, October 12, Queen Margrethe attended a concert and dinner at Fredensborg
wearing a black skirt/dress and a colourful jacket. The white stockings are not a perfect
choice, but the rest is nice.

** Pic **

I can easily understand that..:)

Yesterday, October 12, Queen Margrethe attended a concert and dinner at Fredensborg
wearing a black skirt/dress and a colourful jacket. The white stockings are not a perfect
choice, but the rest is nice.

** Pic **

Better than hubby's attire for sure. ;)

Love the skirt, but even on Margethe the jacket is too much! I don't think the man in the pic is Prince Henrik, but whoever he is, that outfit has got to go.... Surely the man has better attire in his closet for an evening with the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom