Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PPE Agency

04.02.2011 Queen Margrethe visited the Shaikh Ebrahim center and auditorium.

HM looks pretty during the Bahrain trip.

The Queen looks great on her trip. I really love the pink suit from day 1. Love the shoes with the suit on day 2. Trendy & practical.

I wonder if she cares about fashion, some time Ithink she does not care at all!

:previous: Absolutely! She is the Queen and when she's on she's on and when she's not . . . . ? Tough! She's probably thinking beautiful thoughts.

She is such a colourful and incredibly talented individual let alone Queen. Her sense of colour and style are strong and even when she wears pastels (no 30), segueing from light to dark with a subtly to be envied and, to top it all, I love the way the Daisy motif seems to appear either as a pattern or an item of jewellery.

But, I think I love her yellow and floral raincoat the best! Everyone gets the blues now and then and especially when it rains. I defy anyone not to be chortling to themselves wearing such a coat in the rain, :flowers:

She probably has the attitude of "you can take me or leave me I don't really care". :lol:

You are probably right. :)

It's certainly her attitude when it comes to smoking, which is refreshing in these politically correct times we live in.

I know this is off topic, but nevertheless illuminating in regards to her character.
She was once at a pressmeeting asked about her "problems with smoking", and she retorted: "I don't have a problem with smoking". - Next question! :lol:

You are probably right. :)

It's certainly her attitude when it comes to smoking, which is refreshing in these politically correct times we live in.

I know this is off topic, but nevertheless illuminating in regards to her character.
She was once at a pressmeeting asked about her "problems with smoking", and she retorted: "I don't have a problem with smoking". - Next question! :lol:

That's a gr8 story! Gotta love her! :lol:

I don't really like the dress as a whole (not sure it matches), but I love the color of the skirt!

:previous: OK, shoot me! I absolutely adore the grey fur swing jacket. Mmmm, to die for. :flowers:

:previous:

I can't admit to this being one of my preferred outfits for QM!

Queen Margrethe at the christening of her twin grandchildren today, April 14,
2011 in Copenhagen.

A typical Margrethe dress with a very strong colour. The hat aerials are a bit
long for my personal taste ;)

** Full view ** Close up **

Gosh she loves baby blue!
She looks nice though...in a Margarethe kind of way.

On second look, I still love the outfit, but the hat would be better without those things sticking up from it!

Despite the hat I think her overall outfit is really nice. It's a lovely colour.

:previous: I love the cut and the colour of the outfit but mostly I love it because of the hat! It is wacky, it is wild and it is quintessentially, Margrethe! :D

:previous: I love the cut and the colour of the outfit but mostly I love it because of the hat! It is wacky, it is wild and it is quintessentially, Margrethe! :D

Not sure I would recommend the whole ensemblee to anybody else, but it is certainly very very Margrethe !

I don't think I would either, but somehow on her, what can I say, it looked great!

Queen Margrethe during the trip in Bahrain.

Day 1: Full lenght view * Close up
Same with this outfit! I do not think I would recommend it for anybody else- or rather, I would not recomend the hat to anyone else,I love the suit, but on Margrethe even the hat works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Margrethe at the christening of her twin grandchildren today, April 14,
2011 in Copenhagen.

A typical Margrethe dress with a very strong colour. The hat aerials are a bit
long for my personal taste ;)

** Full view ** Close up **

Luv them pearls she's wearing! Don't like the gray shoes.

Last edited:
I actually like the pink outfit better roseroyal. It's more form-fitting and flattering to her figure than the blue one.

Opal, which hat of the 2 ensembles do you prefer?

^^
Hmm, it's hard to say - they're such different designs. I can appreciate the whimsy of the blue hat, but the simple design of the pink hat is more prim and proper looking. I personally wouldn't choose either one to wear myself but they both look okay on Margrethe. ;)

I agree- I would choose neither hat, but on her, they work! I love the pink outfit, prefer it to the blue outfit like you do, but on her I think even the blue works!

QM clearly has some favourites that she uses in quick succession: the blue teletubby suit; the lime green gala dress....
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by "teletubby suit".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom