Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gold and blue dress she used the skirt before, when they open the parliament I believe, I have to find the photo . I like this idea they look dresses but are top and skirt and they can changed it! its cool!

Thank you for the photo! I like more with the top she just used this week, it looks more like a dress! But Amazed me how they really coordinate and change pieces. Very nice anyway either way! Wonder who was the make?

Claes Iversen, a Dutch-Danish couturier.

Claes Iversen, a Dutch-Danish couturier.
Thank you, I found a couple of good photos but I do not know how to post them because they are save in my files.

here we go......

Attachments

• azul maxima.jpg
    azul maxima.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by a moderator:
She is wearing my favorite of all necklaces in Royal Dutch collection. Called the Diamond Honey Comb Necklace which was originals made for Queen Wilhelmina. The middle row of diamonds can be replaced with pearls, sapphires, emeralds, etc., which creates a totally different look. Just adore it.

That tiara - my gawd! I think only QEII & Camilla can rock a big tiara as well as Maxima can.

Wonder why W-A is so casual?

The dress doesnt live up to the tiara, big gun but rest ist underdressed.

Only the tiara is WOW to all look.

That tiara - my gawd! I think only QEII & Camilla can rock a big tiara as well as Maxima can.

Usually Royals arrive in casual clothes and change them in the palace, Beatrix and Willem Alexander and other guest will leaving in long dresses and Tiara

I assume he must have changed later after arriving at the palace ? The question then would be why Maxima changed clothes earlier.

BTW, I think her gown (assuming she didn't change it later) and hairdo are also a little bit too casual for the tiara and not a good match.

If that was not the gown and/or hairdo she wore at the dinner, then it is rather weird to make an appearance with a tiara beforehand, especially with the king still in casual clothing by her side. It reminds me of a scene from a Disney Movie like "The Princess Diaries", but Máxima has this tendency to be flamboyant.

Last edited:
She carries it off as she usually does, but this is a big gun and it needs a little more volume or an updo with the hair. It feels like it was just put on and she walked out the door.

She is lovely. Nevertheless I don't understand. She in long gown and tiara.... And he on morning casual outfit and no tie. Someone got it wrong...

Is the dress a repeat? It looks like something she has worn on a Prinsjesdag 10 years ago or so.
Nice to see the Wurttemberg again, though I am not sure it is a great match with the loose hair.

WA will change to white tie in the palace in Amsterdam. The Queen fortunately did so in The Hague or at home in Wassenaar so the spectators and press will be able to make a photograph of her dress and tiara. I believe that this was usually the case since WA became king.

Last edited:
She is lovely. Nevertheless I don't understand. She in long gown and tiara.... And he on morning casual outfit and no tie. Someone got it wrong...

:lol::lol: I thought the same! it looks ridiculous ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::confused:

She looks lovely , the tiara, is stunning and I love she used the dress with so many differnet accessories !
But still it looks strange he so casual!

Last edited:
I love the tiara!!! Max looks beautiful. I do wonder about the dress code though.

fantastic appearance! i love seeing how maxima is recycling this dress for the 4th time in a row and the effect on both 4 ocassions was totally different, i never thought it was the same dress. maxima's weight loss is evident when comparing the dress from 2007 to today, she looks fantastic.

and that tiara! BEAUTIFUL! has she worn it in the past? in my opinion the simple dress was the perfect combo to let this beauty shine. i even love the hair down with it.

:lol::lol: I thought the same! it looks ridiculous ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::confused:
somebody can explain?

A few mentioned WA customarily dresses upon arrival. Much easier for a man to do so.

Max needs time to do hair, makeup and such so arrives done up. Added bonus, the media gets a photo.

The dress is beautiful, happy to see it. The tiara looks glorious with it. But she needs a proper updo to finish the look.

fantastic appearance! i love seeing how maxima is recycling this dress for the 4th time in a row and the effect on both 4 ocassions was totally different, i never thought it was the same dress. maxima's weight loss is evident when comparing the dress from 2007 to today, she looks fantastic.

and that tiara! BEAUTIFUL! has she worn it in the past? in my opinion the simple dress was the perfect combo to let this beauty shine. i even love the hair down with it.

Yes, she wore it for the first time in Japan in 2014

State Visit Jewels: Dutch Visit to Japan | The Court Jeweller

She wore it to the diplomatic dinner in 2015
http://www.glamour.com/story/queen-maxima-tiara

She seems to alternate. In 2014 and 2016 she wore the ruby. I'd expect the ruby next year.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima and the jewels look beautiful...but...the large tiara with this slim and not long enough dress (I can see her heel sandals) look out of balance. This tiara needs beautifully done updo and another dress. If she went for a girly look, then she succeeded, but its not regal look. And the King looks too casual next to his wife :whistling:

Queen Maxima and the jewels look beautiful...but...the large tiara with this slim and not long enough dress (I can see her heel sandals) look out of balance. This tiara needs beautifully done updo and another dress. If she went for a girly look, then she succeeded, but its not regal look. And the King looks too casual next to his wife :whistling:

He looks too casual as he isn't dressed yet.

If you look at photos of Beatrix and her sister you will see the same. Maxima is the only one who dressed before arrival, likely needing more time to do so. The other two ladies are both very casual on arrival.

He looks too casual as he isn't dressed yet.

If you look at photos of Beatrix and her sister you will see the same. Maxima is the only one who dressed before arrival, likely needing more time to do so. The other two ladies are both very casual on arrival.

Yes, I read from previous posts that W-A changes inside. It just looks strange seeing woman wearing grand tiara and then man next to her in worn shoes and casual clothes :lol:
I am glad that we got a glimpse of Maxima dressed up like this but perhaps it would be better if they both appeared dressed up for the event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom