Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic! Looks every inch a queen in that divine dress. The pearls at the neck and fabulous earrings are so flattering. Love the addition of the wheat hair ornaments, a nod to canada I think.mi think her hair is fine, it is styled, very bouffant and swept away at the face. It could be trimmed a few inches and would look better, imo

Love the red dress and those hair pins.......they are incredible!! She is the Queen so I think she can be over the top anytime!!

Love the dress and the color, however her hair looks like it was teased, brushed back on one side and then some extensions were pinned in ..... all in all, awful hair. Too bad the rest is quite nice.

I like the previous pink one rather than this red...hope I'm not too influenced by the tiara:)

Again she looks ostentatious and over the top. Not only she disregarded protocol for the first official black tie dinner by wearing a tiara, she's also ruining a beautiful gown by wearing awful hair extensions. Maxima better remember she's a consort and follows royal protocol.

Last edited:
I wonder who made this red gown. Is it a recycle?

Again she looks ostentatious and over the top. Not only she disregarded protocol for the first official black tie dinner by wearing a tiara, she's also ruining a beautiful gown by wearing awful hair extensions. Maxima better remember she's a consort and follows royal protocol.

Oh really?..haha!!

Maxima at the reception for the Dutch community at the Art Gallery in Ontario yesterday, May 29, recycling a Natan top and skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** June 2013 **

She looks great and well done to order (Dutch) flowers to be used to decorate the venue.

Maybe you missed it, but in the monarchies of the British Commonwealth, the Queen represented by her Governor-General, think about Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the standard dress code is black tie. Queen Máxima and the King did not wear Orders, as these do not go well with this dresscode.

Queen Elizabeth, for an example, still wears jewels and Orders, even when the dresscode is black tie: see picture. The present Princess of Wales (a.k.a. the Duchess of Cornwall) with diadem during a black-tie dinner: see picture. The previous Princess of Wales with diadem during a black-tie dinner: see picture. Princess Máxima with diadem during a black-tie dinner: see picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best look of Maxima in Canada ( and without hat).

Max is Max - she's got lots of personality, more than her peers/former peers of her age group could ever think of. The dress is devine but I dislike the hairstyle very much.

I think she looked good and she pulled off that outfit and the color off very well. I don't care for the hairstyle, it was neat and pretty.

Maxima looks nice, even though I'm not a fan of the colour combination she manages to wear it well (and it sort of blends in with the colours around her, too).

I liked her look. Not over the top and her hair looks nice, as well.

I love the top but not the skirt.

I see nothing incorrect with the way Queen Maxima dressed. The woman certainly didn't disgrace her country. She looked clean and pleasant. Not everyone dresses exactly the same [thank heavens]. Her hair is just that, her's. Apparently her husband must approve or she would do a bit different. He is all that matters. I am sure that she and her ladies has been advised on protocol and follows. I love the fact that quite a few of the new Queens and Crown Princesses change their styles and dare to try something different. Makes them human and not trophies on show.

Yeah, because I'm sure that Maxima went off against all the planners of all these events and said, "I don't care what anyone says, I'm wearing a tiara tonight."

Also, you may not like hair extensions (which I don't think she is, but anyway), but they don't immediately disqualify a person from holding public office.

Can you tell us when Maxima's fashion, despite your not liking it, has ever violated protocol?

Max will be Max - and I think she presents a fun counterpoint to the style of other royal ladies. I would wish her less damaged hair if I could. I feel for her in that respect.

The only thing I really question is the endless acquisition of gemstone jewelry. Yes, we all love it and wish we could have it, but if she continues to acquire jewelry at her current rate - what will be the point 5 or 10 years from now. At some point, more is just more.

Maybe she secretly sells excess gems off and donates the money to charity. I'd like to hope so, or hope so for the future. ;)

Max is the Queen and looks fab nearly all the time. She does it her way and she looks happy and the people meeting her look like they are happy to be in her presence.

Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 -

Yeah, because I'm sure that Maxima went off against all the planners of all these events and said, "I don't care what anyone says, I'm wearing a tiara tonight."

Also, you may not like hair extensions (which I don't think she is, but anyway), but they don't immediately disqualify a person from holding public office.

Can you tell us when Maxima's fashion, despite your not liking it, has ever violated protocol?

Last time I looked, wearing a Tiara to a State Banquet hosted by His Excellency The Governor General of Canada at his Official Residence when in Canada on a State Visit, is actually following Protocol. I am also stunned anyone would pick that to use as a reason to go after Maxima over regarding this trip.

And before you say it, State Banquets in Canada are black tie AFAIK. I can't remember the last time there was a white tie State Banquet actually. Royal or otherwise regarding the Guest. I could very well be wrong of course, but I certainly don't remember seeing any Official Pictures of State Banquets at Rideau Hall where it was white tie in a very long time.

And casualfan, that's not directed at you, but to who you quoted. I have them on Ignore, so...Only way I could answer them I'm afraid. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last time I looked, wearing a Tiara to a State Banquet hosted by His Excellency The Governor General of Canada at his Official Residence when in Canada on a State Visit, is actually following Protocol. I am also stunned anyone would pick that to use as a reason to go after Maxima over regarding this trip.

And before you say it, State Banquets in Canada are black tie AFAIK. I can't remember the last time there was a white tie State Banquet actually. Royal or otherwise regarding the Guest. I could very well be wrong of course, but I certainly don't remember seeing any Official Pictures of State Banquets at Rideau Hall where it was white tie in a very long time.

And casualfan, that's not directed at you, but to who you quoted. I have them on Ignore, so...Only way I could answer them I'm afraid. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

No worries! Thanks for these clarifying points.

Besides the spider brooch this is a lovely outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it very much simble outfit for the road. But especially the spider brooch is the detail who made a difference.

I don't like this outfit, looks like a designer pyjama to me. I don't like the shoes either and the less is said about the spider the better :eek:

I don't hate it actually. And the make-up is a bit more sub-dued so that is good. The loose hair for once isn't as much of a mess as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom