Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! I don't like hair or the dress. It's too much. The pattern is an eyesore and the bright colors in the pattern bring attention to that.

When you see the entrance video and the passage in the grand escalier of the petit palais, it all blended superbly together with the flowery arrangements. The red carpet and stairway were illuminated with effectful light, but it also caused the same effect as holding a torchlight under your face: creepy. In motion it looked ravissante and exiting. That is more than the appearances of Silvia, Mathilde and Letizia: mode bankclerk.

I love this look, but I do think you need to see the video to really appreciate it. Queen Max has such an effervescent personality and this look shows it off. Don't know why, gives me a bit of a flamenco dancer vibe, I could see her giving a twirl and a smile!

I must say that the still images of Queen Maxima's dress and hairstyle do not do it all justice - the video posted on the other thread show the dress and over all look much better.

Agree, I saw a video of the arrival on Twitter and she looks smashing.

:previous: I am glad it looked good somewhere because in the stills . . .
Sweet Jesus....its not Halloween for another 6 months :eek:
What can I say? Unfortunately, it's the stills that live on forever. The closeup of Maxima's hair made her look 20 years older! :ohmy:

One of the worst gowns she's ever worn.

Our King and Queen showed how it is done,a State Visit in as much splendour as petit creep Francois allowed.On the return night they showed what class is,what style is all about and left the French blushing and ashamed with that petit polyester C&A risée d'etat!

They brought the royal just wonderful , so elegant and regal on this trip. You have to see the gown when Max moves.

The Queen wore Dutch/Danish, Belgian and American design. The dress of the contra-prestation in the Petit Palais was by Tom Ford.

So no Dior, no Lanvin, no Chanel... Queen Máxima has incidentally worn French couture but it is interesting she has worn couture from all over the world but seems not to like French fashion. Even for this State Visit she did not buy French wear.

When you see the entrance video and the passage in the grand escalier of the petit palais, it all blended superbly together with the flowery arrangements. The red carpet and stairway were illuminated with effectful light, but it also caused the same effect as holding a torchlight under your face: creepy. In motion it looked ravissante and exiting. That is more than the appearances of Silvia, Mathilde and Letizia: mode bankclerk.

The thing is, she shouldn't blend into the surroundings, she should be standing out.

The dress as a total miss. The pattern started at a weird position which was very unflattering. The dress itself is unflattering and I can't imagine it looking good on anyone.

Tastes differ. The dress made Queen Máxima ultra-slim, it had an avantgardistic look (not the predictable Mathilde or Victoria dresses) and the glitter seam and lining with the split, the Louboutins under it and the superior diamonds, all together a most fantastic look in my humble view. Compare it with the dresses worn by Queen Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Frau Schadt a few days ago... They looked way dull and outdated compared with this Tom Ford dress!

I only wished Queen Máxima would have worn something from Gaultier or another edgy couturier. After all it is Paris... I expected her to wear something French... But maybe that is Máxima's forte: you never know what to expect...

;-)

Last edited:
I thought she looked fantastic ! I can't anyone [royalty] else wearing such a dress. It was so Maxima!

I definitely like her second night dress much better :flowers: Not a huge fan of the bottom, but it definitely is Max all the way. She looks so slim and great. Definitely modern and stylish, not the traditional gowns we often see at these events like in Belgium. Agree it would have been great if she was in a French couture dress but she is impressive.

this dress is really ugly i rarely said that about anyone outfit but that one is really hideous,the thing is even though Queen Maxima still manages to look outstanding:D

Maxima looked amazing! Way to bring it!!!

I love the evening gown I think her hair is perfect I love the colours she looks fab IMO

I definitely like her second night dress much better :flowers: Not a huge fan of the bottom, but it definitely is Max all the way. She looks so slim and great. Definitely modern and stylish, not the traditional gowns we often see at these events like in Belgium. Agree it would have been great if she was in a French couture dress but she is impressive.

You've said it all Countessmeout. Maxima has really slimmed down in recent years and she's the only one of the royal ladies who could really showcase a gown like this one.:)

Maxima at the return dinner in France.

Her hairdo is a mess,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdS1FJoW8AU4ykX.jpg

Dear Polyesco, I love her hair! :flowers: She looks so sleekly mature in this picture. It's a great picture. She feels so completely present. Great lady! If I can be this when I am at her age! :flowers:

The dress is...different...not liking the very bottom part, the black glittery part
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdS0mpgXIAImyIn.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdS2N-IUsAAAiuQ.jpg

It's a great dress, very 'architectural', like the surroundings. Love it! It's all perfection. :flowers:

I thought she looked fantastic ! I can't anyone [royalty] else wearing such a dress. It was so Maxima!

Just saw this. Yes, Zonk! So very fantastic! :flowers: (I don't quite 'get' your second sentence :p).

this pretty valentino she wore on a number of times she has such a great collection to choose from...

Love this dress! :flowers:

Last edited:
Love, Love the pretty floral Valentino dress! It's so feminine and pretty. :)

I think the colour combination of Maxima's latest outfit is nice, although it's a little too shiny for me. I like her hair and jewellery here, however.

Max is wearing a beautiful champagne dress and Dutch diamonds to dinner tonight. She looks awesome!!!

Ah Maxie, so lovely and smiley always! I also like her dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom