Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a painting by Van Gogh when he was in St Rémy de Provence... and the Queen wore the colours he himelf painted

:lol:

No copyright - Vincent van Gogh (Olive orchard near Saint Rémy 1889)
Van-Gogh-Olive-Orchard.jpg

I read that. Sorry but I am suppose to like it? It's not of my taste.

I read that. Sorry but I am suppose to like it? It's not of my taste.

Of course not, but whe can not ask the Queen to change Vincent's colours, can we? Maybe she could have opted for Sunflowers, but allez... it is nice for such an understated event.

On the first pics I saw there was only the upper part to be seen, and I thought the dress nice and beautiful. But when I saw the full gown I stopped breathing! The look is so beautiful, so clever, so very special, I simply love it!

Actually I expected something similar to the Taminau gown from Princes Day. So this came as a double surprise. This gown screems Dutch, not Chinese.

I don't like the lower part of the dress.
Not my taste, this dress.

I can tell from the colour of the jewels that the lighting in the banqueting venue is poor. The emeralds, really very green in daylight, appear pale blue on the pictures. This de-colouring also will have effect on the dress. We have to wait for pictures with more natural colour light.

I really like the gown she looks lovely the necklace is stunning with it ... love the hair.

Interesting dress but I don't like it.

Of course not, but whe can not ask the Queen to change Vincent's colours, can we? Maybe she could have opted for Sunflowers, but allez... it is nice for such an understated event.

True, but nobody forced Mr. van Bergen to print/paint the colours on a dress, or HM to wear such a dress. I actually like it though. The upper part seem to have a brush-pattern. The dress is simular to the Taminiau gown indeed, it is surprising that it is by a different designer.

I thought that Matthijs van Bergen went bankrupt in March btw.

Last edited:
I normally think Maxima knocks it out of the park with her gowns, but this one just doesn't do it for me.

I dont like the dress nor the colors, I find the colors boring.

I have to agree. I think it's cool that she wore a gown inspired by a Van Gogh painting, but I find the dress/colors boring. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see more photos.

Interesting dress but I don't like it.

Yes it is very interesting and hats off to queen Máxima for wearing the dress but I'm not sure if I like it or not,maybe I need to see more photos.

The dress is unique, but I can't say that I love it. Nothing horrible, just not "tripping my trigger" so to speak. The jewels are gorgeous though. Glad to see she's feeling better.

I'm with princess gertrude on this dress. It is pretty, and certainly unique but it just doesn't do it for me. Love her jewels, however!

One thing for sure about the dress and about Maxima's fashion in general is that whether people love it or hate it or are just completely confused by it, it's certainly a talking point and always brings out a lot of comment!

I like it! Lovely color and very unique.

Sorry max, don't like it. It is one thing to be inspired by Van gogh, but to replicate a painting on a dress, no. Reminds me of the Mona Lisa t shirts.
Without the bottom part, the dress color is nice, beautiful fabric and good neckline for the breathtaking emeralds! The gathered waist is no good,3even the emaciated model looked bulky around the middle.

Looks like Maxima is gonna get my vote for "Best gown" again this month. :D
That was another work of art!

I love her hair! I think the dress would look lovely if it were long and not knee length.

Her hair style is the best ever!! So flattering and feminine. Lovely dress to match.

Over all a lovely elegant look and also one of Queen Maxima's best hair appearances in awhile.

I don't like these types of dresses.

I don't like these types of dresses.

Some people have to be negative...the dress is appropriate for her and for the occasion. We should always add that even if the dress is not one we would wear because it's not our style.

outfit is ok. I don't get the wearing open toe shoes with dark stockings.

Its a great look. Diamonds and black is pretty perfect. Not sure what that seam is at waist. Probably better in person. Hair is pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom