Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i loved this white dress, the hairstyle and the jewels she chose. she looked splendid! simple colours and cuts really suit her.

Love the whole look, though I would have prefered a little color rather than straight white. My only tiny critique was that it could have used a slightly more substantial liner from the waist down. Sometimes a dress which looks perfectly fine in person looks a bit sheer when photographed.

I agree; the entire look is sensational but the gown could have used a more substantial slip from the waist down.

The dress should have been fully lined and not require a slip!

Pretty dress. Im just not liking Maxima's hair down lately even though its been blown out smooth.

Love the color, but not the style.
Something is off here , but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Last edited:
This is a different type of style, but I really like it. Plus, her hair really looks healthy today.

I don't know... For this sort of thing I am a big ball gown sort of gal myself, or at least something a little more fancy- not a cocktail or high school prom dress.
This is sort of bland... not very dramatic... not very... Maxima...
I know she can overdo the drama... and look ridiculous. I am not talking about that- I am talking just a bit more regal pizzaz. Those 2 words do not normally fit together, but they do in the case of Maxima.

I don't know what to think of this dress. The color is nice and so is the style but it looks like a floor length gown made short and something she would've worn 10 years ago.

I don't know... For this sort of thing I am a big ball gown sort of gal myself, or at least something a little more fancy- not a cocktail or high school prom dress.
This is sort of bland... not very dramatic... not very... Maxima...
I know she can overdo the drama... and look ridiculous. I am not talking about that- I am talking just a bit more regal pizzaz. Those 2 words do not normally fit together, but they do in the case of Maxima.
Amen!

But, oh dear, how utterly dismal. For some reason the ruffle at the bottom reminds me of a slip my late father gave my mother 50+ years ago and she keeps it for sentimental reasons . . . :ermm:

Amen!

But, oh dear, how utterly dismal. For some reason the ruffle at the bottom reminds me of a slip my late father gave my mother 50+ years ago and she keeps it for sentimental reasons . . . :ermm:

Hmm, your post rather reminds me of an item of apparel discovered amongst my late father's effects that my step-mother and I contented ourselves to imagine belonged to a long-lost love of his many many years ago. It certainly didn't belong to mother, of that I am quite sure....:eek:

Queen Maxima's outfit the other evening is quite tame for her. She's been very busy lately, with quite a number of interesting and fabulous outfits, so maybe she felt like dressing down a little on this occasion.

This is a different type of style, but I really like it. Plus, her hair really looks healthy today.

yes, her hair looks very neat like that. i also like the dress, although seems to wash her out a bit...

The dress looks great on Maxima. I don't mind the design, although the bottom half of the dress reminds me of some curtains my mother has in her bedroom.

Amen!

Glad we are on the same page. To me, that dress is more Barbie doll than queen.
In another post someone mentioned volants. Is that those horrible ruffles at the bottom?
Come on Max, bring out the roses duvet! ( not really):lol:

Last edited:
Oh der Max, not a good dress on you, first the color washes you out and makes you look pasty and pale, second, now those ruffles are on my shower curtain, how did you get them on your dress?

I love her style ♥♥
Actually, so do I. When I think about it she is defined by her "hits", which makes the occasional miss a big deal. These days we are spoiled by Maxima as she reimages herself as Queen, showing new and intersting twists on her current wardrobe and knocking our socks off with new items. It stands to reason that, statistically, it is impossible for each one to be a hit.

So, Maxima's little rose pink dress. It is a beautiful colour that flatters her skin tone and is quite beautiful but a little sedate for our Maxima. (Ugh, the ruffles, eeek, :bangin: . . . okay, nice ruffles, just not on Max!)

This is the awful dusty rose which few can wear. The style would not be too bad if not for the ruffle on the hem. Just too much,lace,ruffle,scoop neck not for her, more along barbie lines

A little too girlish in style and color for Maxima and not majestic enough for her. Oh, well, I forgive you, Max, for all the other times you pull out all the stops with your wonderful clothing and jewels. ;)

Dislike the outfit, but the jewels rock!

This outfit is bonkers! Liked it "head on" but side on its awful. So from the shoulders up wonderful and I want those earrings and brooch. Brooch down - forget it

This outfit is bonkers! Liked it "head on" but side on its awful. So from the shoulders up wonderful and I want those earrings and brooch. Brooch down - forget it

The outfit is not that bad . . . it's just that the Queen does not wear it well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom