Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this dress/outfit is vaguely oriental in some ways. I get her choice.
Sometimes when I am looking at Max photos, music comes into my head. This time it was this from Rebel Yell by Steve Stevens and Billy Idol...
"In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more"
I mean no disrespect by that; it is her style IMO.
Oh and the hair is perfect with it!

For a dinner with Prime minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo today, October 30, Máxima wore a new Jan Taminiau dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Hmm, I can see what has gone wrong here because I think this dress would have been better as a full-length gown and no embroidered flowers on the cape. The grid design reminds me of Empress Michiko's gown last night. It seems very much inspired by ancient Japanese screens with the exquisite flowers.

Good heavens .. all wrong IMO a mess someone said I agress a total mess!!!

I like the colour as it suits Maxima, but that's about it. I agree with bertie5253003, the whole outfit is a bit of a mess - I think the attached cape/top half of the dress with those flowers it what makes it look like that (a mess). Not one of her best looks.

Love the hairstyle. The dress is not pretty, I don't like the flowers but she pulled it off well and it suited her personality.

I just don't know what to think of this. I agree that it would be better as a long dress, but with fewer 'flowers' on the cape/top. Lovely color on Maxima and I do like her hair.

This dress with the quilting, I think, satin, and then appliques and then organza, would be perfect on one of our "skinny Minnies" since all of those elements tend to make you look much bigger. I would say Max looks doubled in this get up. She gets an A for effort and I love her hair and earrings

A few images from last night's gala:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Maxima's hair

Her purse

:previous:
not bad if you forgot about the sleeves,she could do something else with the hair.

I like the colour as it suits Maxima, but that's about it. I agree with bertie5253003, the whole outfit is a bit of a mess - I think the attached cape/top half of the dress with those flowers it what makes it look like that (a mess). Not one of her best looks.

I agree. Beautiful color, but the dress itself is very unflattering on Max.

For a dinner with Prime minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo today, October 30, Máxima wore a new Jan Taminiau dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Máxima in the afternoon and evening of the final day of the state visit to Japan, October 31, recycling her elegant Natan dress with the wide sleeves:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** January 2014 ** November 2013 **

First- don't know why but love it.
Second- Love.

jan taminiau does wonders for maxima, but this one seems to be the odd exception.

the natan blue turquoise dress is nice, but it just doesn't suit maxima and ages her too much.

The dress for the Prime Ministerial luncheon looks like a grubby 70s quilted bedspread...with shockingly bad hemming..
A rare fail for Taminiau..and for the Queen this [on an otherwise very well dressed] tour.

The Taminiau dress & cape looks ugly and messy. Somehow Max gets away even with such atrocities.

I am so tired of seeing that blue Natan dress and those sleeves!!! Enough already.

I am so tired of seeing that blue Natan dress and those sleeves!!! Enough already.

Oh I love it - I hope she has bought one on every colour for future events ;)

I'd love to see one in hot fuchsia pink! Doesn't she already have one?

It does- she should get it in fuchsia.

Last edited:

Yes, And she should get rid of Natan altogether............this dress is horrible on her, take a look at the bust line.......very bad fit there, it flattens her bust and the seams aren't in the right place.......and those sleeves, why is she turning into an aged middle class lady with no taste lately.

Yes his design on this and most is to flatten the bust and accentuate the stomach! Love the sleeves and material and jewels

I have mixed feelings about Maxima's latest Natan dress. I love the colour, though the sleeves are not my cup of tea, but as they're as 'Maxima' as one can go and only she can carry that look off, then the sleeves are kind of alright I guess. But, it's the fitting of the dress that puts me off - somehow it makes Maxima seem a lot bigger.

:previous: The first time I saw this ensemble it was teamed with a beautiful up do and hat with complimentary clutch and shoes. Beautiful jewellery "finished" the ensemble perfectly.

The second occasion she left her hair down, but it looked dressed and showed her beautiful earrings quite clearly and showcased one of her most beautiful brooches.

This outing screams "daywear" and the first photo shows a somewhat bedraggled look. Her loose hair looks almost like she ran out of time and didn't finish getting "dressed". Yikes, her hair is even caught in a brooch!

Máxima at a gala dinner in Seoul, South Korea, today, November 3, wearing a new dress with a special upper part:

** Full view **

Máxima at a gala dinner in Seoul, South Korea, today, November 3, wearing a new dress with a special upper part:

** Full view **

I like this dress very much and enjoy seeing these extravagant bows. However, the gold material accent in the upper bodice area is not quite right and I am not quite sure why.

:previous: to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.

:previous: to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.

Thank you, I am glad you said it as I didn't want to!!

The silence esp on twitter has been deafening! And your response is in line. Im pretty sure that some royals wouldnt be treated so kindly but we all love Maxima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom