Queen Máxima's Eveningwear, Part 1: April 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also think she looks fabulous. I like the hair - I think it's supposed to be a bit tousled.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Máxima attended a concert by the New Dutch Academy in Den Haag yesterday, December 4 recycling an old silver dress. It didn't suit her in 2008 and it doesn't do so now, it's even worse now together with the black tights :

** Full view ** 2008 **
No! Just no!

Maxima . . . leave wearing underwear as out wear to Madonna! As it is, with those heavy black tights, it looks like you ran outside during a fire alarm and didn't grab your dress on your way out the door.

^^^If that skirt were wider, Maxima can really kick up her heels in a cancan and do a wide split. :eek:

Last edited:
:previous: Heehee! Love the cancan idea. A fuller skirt and a few feathers in her hair and she'd be right to go! :lol:

That was quite a shock after her splendidly turned out appearance in the previous posts.

I am repeating most everyone as I agree. Love the color jewels and look but dress isn't a great shape for her. The brooch?....to die!!!

Wow! Maxima looks amazing! I wish we could a picture of the back of the hairdo.

What a great dress and a lovely color. Maxima looked great in in. The hair style was a bit to much for me but she pulled it off.

That gown is as perfectly hemmed as you can get and I love the Aigrette.

Her hair looks terrific from the back. I just wish when she wears it down that she avoid the whisps that fall in front. Either wear it to the front or to the back, but those whisps look like a half commitment.

Simply enchanting - what a Queen!!

for me the dress is ok, I would have like it a belt, the jewellery stunning, hair so, so.....

I think the drees is quite simple so I think the jewelry is good in this case. just that in the weist cut, due that it is 2 different fabrics I would add a nice thin belt and it would make better shape to her body too!

I think this is the best Maxima has looked in a long time. She looks softer, somehow, more feminine. I love her hair and the simplicity of her gown. Less is more elegant..

As far as I can tell, it is the lining of her gown. Check the pic of her sleeve..it has the same lining.

Also, I am changing my comment on less is more. She has enough diamonds on to sink a ship!! A case of take one piece off before leaving one's home (or palace in this case). Waaay too much.

I think she looks amazing. Love the dress style and colour. Love the jewellery and make up. Minor criticism - hair ends look a bit damaged - maybe she should have worn it up?

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

I think her jewelry here is all right. The dress is very plain so I think the brooch is the statement piece. And since she is not wearng any necklace, the earrings are not competing for attention. Maybe the only thing she could change is a shorter earring. As for her bracelets, well I did not notice it until she is waving so obviously not too much to attract my attention if she did not raise her hand. If one has lots of real diamonds, wear it!! Of course, not overload as the Brunei royals!!

As far as I can tell, it is the lining of her gown. Check the pic of her sleeve..it has the same lining.

Also, I am changing my comment on less is more. She has enough diamonds on to sink a ship!! A case of take one piece off before leaving one's home (or palace in this case). Waaay too much.

Thanks, your eyes are keen. But IMO, a Queen doesn't have to adhere to the 'take one piece off' rule!

Maxima recycled a dress for the state visit tonight

She first wore the dress to Fred & Mary's wedding in 2004: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMaxima_zpsab142b03.jpg

and again to Henri & Maria Teresa's 25th wedding celebration in 2006: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMaxima157_zpsfc42a325.jpg

tonight: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMaxima376_zps654cba6f.jpg

I love this dress and I adore the alterations she appears to have had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Maxima's red dress. She looked very radiant that night. Tonight's dress is OK. I like the colour, although the ruffles/layers aren't really my cup of tea.

She is beautiful tonight. I love this dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom