Queen Máxima's Eveningwear, Part 1: April 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty dress and I love with her pearls.

Nothing like a classic black dress set off by a strand of pearls, though if she wore a length similar to the S-G's wife that would have looked so much better against the black. I can't quite see her earrings, but I think they're those gorgeous drop pearls with the diamond strands.

Love the black dress and pearls. You can't go wrong with that!

Hm, I am mixed..... oh, yeah, please give me the pearls :cool::whistling:

Regarding the dress: yes, you cannot make anything wrong with that (especially as the family is still mourning).....

... but maybe it is because she is standing with open legs or that the pose is a figure-unfriendly one.... I am not convinced about the dress. Hm, can be hard to judge just by one single pic....

BYe Bine

Can't really tell about the dress, she is holding her purse next to her waist I think. The length is not flattering for her legs, nor the shoes. neckline and pearls are very nice.

I don't care for this dress on Maxima. It's a little too short and I do not like her shoes. Love the pearls and earrings, however!

She looks elegant and the pearls are a great touch.

I dont like the shoes either but Maxima, although sometimes a little over the top, always looks the part. She's unique among her peers, be it Queens or Cps

Well . . .

Not wild about the shoes, and the skirt could've been a bit more tapered rather than slightly flared at the bottom, with the skirt being just a couple inches longer, for my taste.

LOVE the top part (from the waist up), the dress, the pearls, the hair and makeup, though!

What a horrible gown! Not only do I dislike the style, the dull colors are awful together.

I totally agree with you, IloveCP!! And it also looks like she needs a bra.. Terrible.

It's a terrible gown! The colors, the style, just everything.
However I just love the jewels. They are beautiful...

. At a state banquet in Den Haag hosted for Simon Peres, President of Israel, today, October 1, 2013, Máxima has worn a Valentino dress Marie-Chantal and Mette-Marit own as well: ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** MC and MM 2011 **

MM definitely wore it better, Maxima is in need of a better bra or the top needs tightening/fitting better.

The others seem to have the same problem in this dress. Perhaps it is the cut of the top-skirt more than the bra.

I'm afraid I do not like the look of this Valentino dress at all, and because I feel the same seeing it on Mette Marit and Marie-Chantal, I'm not sure anyone could look great in it! Maybe if it was black or red it might look better, but in those tones it reminds me of a scene from Agatha Christie when Miss Marple had supper with Colonel Prothero!
Nonetheless, Queen Maxima's clever use of the diamond star brooches is lovely and her tiara looks great too of course!

I love Maxima, I hate this gown. The color and cut are awful.

Not even the use of the star brooches and her tiara can make this horror of a dress look elegant. I don't know what Valentino was thinking when he designed this...

Well, it seems I'm the only one, but I love the gown and think Maxima wore it very well.

Love the skirt part hate the top part in general, it looked much better on MM & MC. I think the correct undergarments would have helped quite a bit. So sad since Maxima usually hits it out of the ballpark with eveningwear.

Awful! Her make-up is terrible. She looks tired. She needs a bra. I can't believe I'm saying this but MM wore it better!

Well,today will be a better bra day then,the introductory visit to Oslo is on,she'll be great again!Every once in a while everybody has a lesser day don't we all?....

Exactly. These aren't Stepford Wives and Consorts. For all we know she is crampy and really wants to be home snuggled up in bed or one of the kids was sick all night but she just has to stand and deliver. Clothes just weren't a priority this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom