Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 8: August 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real hats will almost always win it from silly fascinators if you ask me. Queen Máxima and the Duchess of Cornwall are often best dressed in millinery, simply because they are not afraid to wear big, bold and outspoken hats in complementation to their outfits.
Maxima looked every inch the queen, both in demeanor and in her fashion.
Maxima does "large" in colour and style and in a way that is uniquely hers. The severe black required for such an occasion could be a challenge for a lesser woman, but not Maxima.

Looking at the pared down style of Maxima's coat and the style of her classic black hat with only a restrained flat black ribbon around the crown, what's left is a Queen.

Maxima look wonderful, and very elegant.

She looked nice, but the eye makeup gave me a fright.

Maxima can do elegant and regal like no one else.She was born for this role!!!
However black is my least favourite color on her. She only wears it when the occasion requires .

Love Maxima's outfit- but the eye makeup is scary!

Members of the Royal family, including the Duchess of Cambridge and the Countess of Wessex were joined by Queen Maxima of the Netherlands in central London
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/08/11/2E3B83BC00000578-3308996-image-a-171_1446980747052.jpg

Queen Maxima is as always impeccably dressed. However, the hat is simply too big for the event. It screams ...look at me... A hat that is as wide as her shoulders would be suitable for an occasion celebrating Queen Maxima herself but not an official event where she is a guest. She was not the reason for the gathering of royals.

:previous:
I would agree. Perhaps on another occasion, but I do not think it best for this one.

I think Queen Maxima is rather renowned for her large hats and wears them that size all the time. I think the other hats worn (as lovely as they are) invite just as much comment, not in size maybe, but in design and noticeability.

I think Queen Maxima is rather renowned for her large hats and wears them that size all the time. I think the other hats worn (as lovely as they are) invite just as much comment, not in size maybe, but in design and noticeability.

Her hat this time is beyond large. It is absolutely stunning and Queen Maxima certainly can wear it. However, the event was not the most suitable to make such a statement.

Queen Máxima looking great in Natan at an international meeting for Governors of Central Banks at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in Basel, Switzerland:

** Pic **

very nice look for Maxima. She is looking healthy again.

Last edited by a moderator:
.Queen Máxima looking great in Natan at an international meeting for Governors of Central Banks at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in Basel, Switzerland: ** Pic **

Very sharp. :flowers: Nice.

Queen Máxima looking great in Natan at an international meeting for Governors of Central Banks at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in Basel, Switzerland:

** Pic **

That looks like excellent queen-material: no any wrinkle in sight! Perfect.

I love this. Really beautiful and elegant.

The Queen is impeccable for this event. Natan? It was probably from his good moments this dress.

Queen Maxima is as always impeccably dressed. However, the hat is simply too big for the event. It screams ...look at me... A hat that is as wide as her shoulders would be suitable for an occasion celebrating Queen Maxima herself but not an official event where she is a guest. She was not the reason for the gathering of royals.

But, that is Maxima and her personality. I don't think she goes out to make herself stand out and be over noticed. That is her way of dressing not to have event directed at herself. She just likes it. Me, I hate all hats and think they only look well on one in 100 million women, and only one royal {QEII} makes that list due to her age and status.

Things change. In my youth, a funeral or memorial service was attended in only black [male and female] and absolutely no make-up on women as that was a sign of disrespect and calling attention to one's self. Plus men did not carry white handkerchiefs but "funeral" black cotton and only white dress shirts with pure black ties. Times and customs change.

This was a very solemn, sacred occasion and all black was proper no matter the style. I am sure that if the proper dress code was not given in advance, we would have seen colors of all putrid descriptions. So the much hated hats didn't bother me one way or another even if some were over fancy for memorial with feathers or bows or even over sized. JMOO

Reactions: eya

Queen Máxima wears all sorts of hats, from toques to turbans, from pillboxes to fedoras, from cloches to flower-ornaments. For 13 years she has attended Remembrance Day in the Netherlands and every year again she wore a different type of hat, there is no certain line in that. The one year a big wide-brimmed hat, the other year a pillbox, the year after a black feather-fascinator, then the year after that a turban, etc. It is just like choosing a purse and shoes: "What hat shall I wear today?".

Speaking about big hats on Remembrance Sunday: see picture.

A most royal and elegant -and still simple dressed- Queen: see picture.

IDK... About the latest outfit- part of me likes it- part of me thinks " zebra."

** Pic **
That looks like excellent queen-material: no any wrinkle in sight! Perfect.
The Queen is impeccable for this event. Natan? It was probably from his good moments this dress.
Maxima looks wonderful. Once again the picture of health. Hair, makeup, jewellery and a very elegant vertically striped dress which I find myself stunned to hear is from Natan.

But I find myself wondering, is the fabric beautifully made and relatively crease resistant or has she just not sat down yet. Then I think, silly girl . . . she didn't walk there did she?

So, one of Natan's rare beauties.

Last edited:
Edouard Vermeulen/NAtan never made a pair of trousers that looked flattering on any royal lady. The legs usually look double their real size.

Last edited:
The pants are really unflattering, the top looks a size too small. Moreover, the top and pants dont match. The necklace, I don't get it. The hair, a mess. Just a few days ago, Maxima looked lovely.

I'm sorry, but this look is a royal mess. The two different fabrics and shades of brown don't go together, the trousers are huge in the legs and the necklace be
Ones in a children's dress-up kit for Halloween. A definite miss from my point of view.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Edouard Vermeulen/NAtan never made a pair of trousers that looked flattering on any royal lady. The legs usually look double their real size.

I agree, but ultimately it is Queen Máxima herself thinking she looks great in those pants...

:ohmy:

When she has to look every inch a Queen, Máxima usually ranks the top. But when protocol is low-key then she really falls through the bottom line.

Her mother-in-law, Princess Beatrix, still dresses like she is The Queen. No matter what the protocol is, her standards remain consistent. It is a pity Queen Máxima (who looked super earlier this week) can suddenly look like she is going to paint the kitchen. What a shame. People expect a Queen to step out of that Audi but then see this mess...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling this outfit on the Queen. Very "thrown together", like she just walked in her closet at the last minute and grabbed something. And that necklace, not a fan in 2014, not a fan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom