Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 7: May 2015 - August 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I love the colour and the hat but it is an awful outfit Natan ... I could have guessed !!! Very odd indeed IMO

It is so strange. I like it. Love Max at State Visit. She almost makes it a costume.

The sheer lace coat was a mistake IMO, it was just hides with that dress. That dress was nice enough to be worn with a solid classic coat or jacket.

I try very hard but i don't like at all.

I like the way the different colors show through the coat and love the hat.

Maxima's latest outfit is odd. I like the dress underneath but I think the lace overlay is a little unnecessary. I'm not a fan of her hat, but it goes with the rest of the outfit.

the lace part make the outfit looks strange,it's pitty because the dress under seems lovely.

What was she thinking? I'm sorry, but that's hideous. And what was the woman next to her thinking? Those colors- that design-:dizzy:
Re the lady next to Queen Maxima: her attire is not at all within the scope of this thread.

The dress is wonderful :) but why destroys the look with these hats just i don't understood.:ermm:

It is nice to see Queen Maxima opting for big hats. She effortlessly pulls them off. The dresses could have been chosen better.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the color of that dress is awful! Don't like the hat either.

I love the hat hate the belt and the dress is odd with such a casual hat IMO I am not sure what is going on with the dress and I really am not a khaki fan

The dress is wonderful :) but why destroys the look with these hats just i don't understood.:ermm:

It is her royal uniform. Look at Elizabeth II, Camilla, Catherine, Margrethe II, Mary, Sonja, Mette-Marit, Silvia, Victoria, Mathilde, etc. All of them wear hats and gloves for the most protocollary events, which are State Visits - per definition. I like it. Without these attributes, she could be misunderstood for the secretary or the personal assistant...

:flowers:

What a fantastic outfit this was. For once no stiff, wrinkled, shiny and tight materials, we know so well from Natan. This lace overcoat really gives it all an airy and playful appearance. The hat is fantastic, the blue gloves and the pink clutch (matching with the pink stripe of the dress underneath)... wow-de-wow!

Now there is a lady walking!

The hat is the cherry on the cake.

What was she thinking? I'm sorry, but that's hideous. And what was the woman next to her thinking? Those colors- that design-:dizzy:

Hideous, not really, different, yes. Not my taste but a lot of the newer fashions aren't. Again, I give her credit for trying something different and she must be happy with it. The woman with her is not our subject.

What a fantastic outfit this was. For once no stiff, wrinkled, shiny and tight materials, we know so well from Natan. This lace overcoat really gives it all an airy and playful appearance. The hat is fantastic, the blue gloves and the pink clutch (matching with the pink stripe of the dress underneath)... wow-de-wow!

Now there is a lady walking!

The hat is the cherry on the cake.

I'm sorry Duc, but to me, the only thing " wow" about that outfit is how odd - in my opinion- ghastly - it is.

Last edited:
I agree. How can it be hideous? It may not be someone's taste but hideous means repulsive to the sight, detestable, etc. These are really qualifications -with all respect- can not be used here. I agree with you on that.

I'm sorry Duc, but to me, the only thing " wow" to me about that outfit is how odd - in my opinion- ghastly - it is.

I looked again to this picture and I really can not say "Ow.... how ghastly!". Just a fantastic looking lady with a sparkling smile and full charisma. She looked just super.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I'm sorry- it was a bad choice of word on my part. My point was that I did not like the outfit or how it looked on Maxima at all. I did not mean to be disrespectful, nor did I think so many others would take it that way. I am sorry.

I looked again to this picture and I really can not say "Ow.... how ghastly!". Just a fantastic looking lady with a sparkling smile and full charisma. She looked just super.

Your'e misunderstanding me. I love Queen Maxima- and am sorry if it came across otherwise. I just don't like her outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
No no no, I understand that it is about the clothings and not about Queen Máxima herself, don't worry. I am just surprised that this outfit apparently has such a strong effect in likes or dislikes.

It is her royal uniform. Look at Elizabeth II, Camilla, Catherine, Margrethe II, Mary, Sonja, Mette-Marit, Silvia, Victoria, Mathilde, etc. All of them wear hats and gloves for the most protocollary events, which are State Visits - per definition. I like it. Without these attributes, she could be misunderstood for the secretary or the personal assistant...

With all respect i have to a Duc IF Queen Maxima wore a LITTLE smaller hat and not so BIG i don;t take her for secretary or personal assisatnt :flowers:

I have mixed thoughts about Maxima's khaki dress. Sometimes I like it because the colour suits her and gives off a spring-like vibe, but other times I don't because the colour seems slightly off. I actually quite like her hat here, she has the personality to pull of larger hats.

May 29, 2015 - Day 3 in Canada wearing a nice white dress and a wide brim hat. Unfortunately the messy hair doesn't work with the look nor the hat.

Full view ** Side view ** Close up

I like the last two outfits and the hats. Her hair is a bit stringy looking in these latest pics.

The dark blue lace outfit would have looked fine without the lace overcoat. But now it just looks odd. The hat, which would have made the summer dress light and fun, now drags the outfit down even further. Let's hope it looked better in real life/ on tv than on pictures.

Anyway... today HM is wearing a very nice white outfit ... and another big hat. Cheers to that and let's try to ignore the loose hair. It seems that she paired the outfit with the antique golden earrings from Zeeland that she acquired a few years ago.

Last edited:
is the same hat she use the day before with the green dress? I like the white look with gold shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom