Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 7: May 2015 - August 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, yes! She so should go!

Love what they are both wearing Maxima really stunning beautiful colour and fit love the hat

The orange dress is very beautiful. I love the color.

Queen Máxima handed out the annual Appeltjes van Oranje awards in Den Haag today, May 21, wearing a new golden Natan dress.
Natan has made similar sleeves before, this time I think they are a bit too voluminous for this dress.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Queen Máxima handed out the annual Appeltjes van Oranje awards in Den Haag today, May 21, wearing a new golden Natan dress.
Natan has made similar sleeves before, this time I think they are a bit too voluminous for this dress.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I thought the dress was lovely, though the hair was a mess. I can see this dress being reused, with a nice hat, at a more formal occasion.

Last edited:
No comment. I think this is the best Natan dress she wore the Queen :ohmy: :lol: :whistling::sad:

I suppose the best thing that can be said about the yellow shiny puffy dress is that it fades into the background if HM stands next to the yellow walls of the hall where she is presenting the awards.

Puffy, shiny, unflattering and bad tailoring... 4 trade marks of Natan at its worst. So the dress can only be Natan. Edouard Vermeulen is 59 y/o now... 6 years to go before he can officially retire. Let's hope that he does before the next generation of Benelux royal ladies will start to have regular public events.

Yesterday's outfit was nice, and I loved the crazy feathered hat. The coat is probably Natan too but he designed that on a good day.

Last edited:
It's a terrible outfit. The sleeves are awful.

The Queen mixed wonderfully with the glorious marble ballroom at Noordeinde Palace. The hair was Queen-unworthy.

A very unflattering look. The fabric, the cut, the sleeves, nothing works but its a great color.

I suppose the best thing that can be said about the yellow shiny puffy dress is that it fades into the background if HM stands next to the yellow walls of the hall where she is presenting the awards.

Puffy, shiny, unflattering and bad tailoring... 4 trade marks of Natan at its worst. So the dress can only be Natan. Edouard Vermeulen is 59 y/o now... 6 years to go before he can officially retire. Let's hope that he does before the next generation of Benelux royal ladies will start to have regular public events.

Yesterday's outfit was nice, and I loved the crazy feathered hat. The coat is probably Natan too but he designed that on a good day.

You said it! Oh my word, so no, so no!

:beamup:

Oh dear, and after all I said yesterday about Natan too! Had the dress been made from a different fabric - matt rather than silk or satin - then I think it would not have been too bad. Other than that, I like the colour and design, although I think the sleeves are getting bigger aren't they!

I dont think the orange/coral coat thing is flattering at all. The yellow is strange but I kinda like it.

:previous: Iceflower - I love it when you give editorial comment!
I agree this is a great look with a lot of thought behind it. But the first thing that came to mind was "Gosh, a tissue blew onto her head at exactly the wrong moment." :whistling:

I think that this is one of the hats she has worn most frequently up to now. It seems light and the colour makes it fit for a lot of outfits. I don't have a strong opinion about the folded hat, but I never got used to a hat-trousers combination. Or worse: a hat-loose hair-trousers combination, as is the case here. Perhaps it would be best if she cut her hair short like the queen of Spain, as it is just a hot mess most of the time.

Last edited:
Good appearance after a week destructive. But why this obsession with hats and especially with the ugly hats?

I think that this is one of the hats she has worn most frequently up to now. It seems light and the colour makes it fit for a lot of outfits. I don't have a strong opinion about the folded hat, but I never got used to a hat-trousers combination. Or worse: a hat-loose hair-trousers combination, as is the case here. Perhaps it would be best if she cut her hair short like the queen of Spain, as it is just a hot mess most of the time.

I agree, hats and trouser-suits just don't work, in my opinion.

The hat looks nice with hair up, not hair open, it looks very messy. The suit is ok but I don't like the look of pants with a hat, it doesn't work.

I agree with your assessment completely.
Also, yellow is not her color.

I think hats and pants can work and look nice this hat is just not good.

Oh dear all a bit much for me ... busy busy ..IMO

the hat doesn't work with that outfit in my opinion,the outfit is lovely however.

I love the colour of yesterday's look, but that's about it. There's something about the texture of both the jacket/blazer and trousers that I'm not a fan of. The hat is odd.

I think this look is awful. I like the lace overlay but not with the dress.

I like the whole outfit - it's light and floaty and he colour is nice. It's a little different from what we are used to seeing Maxima wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom