Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice color but thats it for me. She just looks messy today.

The dress is great on her IMO it's the blak tights that kill it and the hair is a mess I like the little belt.

Messy Maxima today,Her Majesty only looked half dressed and like she's just out of bed!

I love the pink dress but I think I might have preferred it had it been more of a cap sleeve. The color is great though but for me, the black tights should be gone.

Whoever designed the dress did it wrong. I have seen designs similar to this and it looked way better the tuck should be father to the side and less fabric used.

Queen Máxima at an audience with David Johnston, Governor General and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of Canada, and wife today, October 27, recycling the pink dress, many posters here disliked because of its strange cut ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** September 2014 **
indeed a strange cut,it's shame because the dress have a potential the color is pretty and black belt is lovely add.

I admire Max for her total devotion to her own sense of style.

But she has now worn this stuck-in-my-panties-hem pepto bismol pink dress with black stockings TWICE! :bang::bang::bang:

Oh, the humanity!

I hate that dumb hem detail. Looks ridiculous.

Queen Máxima at an audience with David Johnston, Governor General and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of Canada, and wife today, October 27, recycling the pink dress, many posters here disliked because of its strange cut ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** September 2014 **

lets hope that the GG extended an invitation to TM to visit Canada in the very near future and that THAT dress stays home in the closet where it belongs:flowers:

Oh my! :eek: I am not one to remark when I don't like something but this is one unfortunate picture. :ermm:

I admire Max for her total devotion to her own sense of style.

But she has now worn this stuck-in-my-panties-hem pepto bismol pink dress with black stockings TWICE!

Oh, the humanity!

:D The color I can live with but this picture is to die - in a bad way! :p Calling: Earth to Maxima!

Last edited:
I can't believe she looked like this, this is the Queen of the Netherlands for goodness sake and she dresses like she just woke up and rolled out of bed........that dress needs to go in the garbage can (and why pay for something like that, what a waste of money), her hair is dirty and stringy and greasy looking, this is the worst I have ever seen her.....what gives Max? This is not your usual self now..........

It looks wrong on many levels, while I love the color, the cut is strange and it looks OTT to wear thick black stockings and then reveal bare arms.

It looks wrong on many levels, while I love the color, the cut is strange and it looks OTT to wear thick black stockings and then reveal bare arms.
I also don't get the two extremes: Heavy black stockings [which always looks bad with lighter outfit unless in the same color family] and sleeveless dress. If cold enough to require the stockings, why bare arms? Sheer stockings would have been so much nicer.

After having seen more photos of the dress, I have changed my opinion slightly. I still love the colour as it suits Maxima so well. Bold colours such as this suit her best. I also don't have a problem with her stockings/tights. There's nothing wrong with them IMO. However, I still think her hair looks a little unkempt. Like other members here, I also am not a fan of the cut, as I don't understand it. What is so appealing about a cut that deliberately looks like one has forgotten to pull down their dress? At first I thought that as her hands were in the position they are in, her dress had become creased because she had accidentally pulled it up a little when making a hand gesture or something.

Last edited:
The golden shoes match the belt ... Very coordinated look from WAX with matching dress, tie etc. As usual Max looks very regal.

The dress is amazing! The fit is very flattering and all the fold on the arms worked nicely. I like the color and the gold belt and heels was a great addition.

Oh I am enthralled! Orange and gold are very auspicious colours to wear especially for a state visit to Japan, where seasonal themes are very important. These colours reflect the Autumn leaves and of course orange is worn by the Emperor during the enthronement!

The design for Maxima's outfit is beautiful and there is a very subtle hint of the kimono with the cross-over design of the bodice.

I just love the look she has chosen a colour that looks amazing on her and then the skirt on the dress stunning the hat stunning and those shoes so high and the heel so narrow and she is walking on day 1 in them .. stunning love it!!

Maxima looks wonderful! She also looks rather elegant. I love that shade of orange on her, as she wears it well and it also gives off a warm, autumnal feel. I adore her hairstyle, she should wear buns more often. Whilst I'm not as keen on her hat or shoes, I think she manages to get away with them as they blend in well with the rest of the look as they're of a similar colour scheme.

Oh I am enthralled! Orange and gold are very auspicious colours to wear especially for a state visit to Japan, where seasonal themes are very important. These colours reflect the Autumn leaves and of course orange is worn by the Emperor during the enthronement!

I hadn't thought about that connection with the orange and gold outfit. Orange is also the colour of the DRF, so it's a nice tribute to both the Netherlands and Japan.

I just love the Queens complete outfit! To me (I’m Dutch), this outfit is quite special, because Máxima doesn’t wear orange very often (it’s the national colour, the Royal Family is also called ‘The House of Orange’) AND it’s by a Dutch designer (the dress), namely Mattijs van Bergen. She only wears Dutch fashion rarely (like 10-20 times a year, the rest is NATAN or Valentino or Benito Fernandez or Dolce & Gabbana or Gucci or whatever). Besides that, I think the colour and the shape of both the hat and the dress are great on her, it’s typically Max and I think it’s chic, formal and appropriate for such a statevisit. Looking forward to tomorrow and the day after tomorrow!

It would be nice, if Queen Maxima wore more of Jan Taminiau's creations. His dresses are well-tailored.

It would be nice, if Queen Maxima wore more of Jan Taminiau's creations. His dresses are well-tailored.

I agree, as EmmaNL says, Maxima only wears Dutch-made clothes a few times a year and the fact that she has always looks utterly lovely in Jan Taminiau I do hope she will use him and other Dutch designers more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom