Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know she has to wear the hat and gloves , I just don't like the dress I don't know why . I don't mind the shoes you only saw them when she was sitting. She has a tremendous amount of class and really enjoys her role which is wonderful to see.

I know she has to wear the hat and gloves , I just don't like the dress I don't know why . I don't mind the shoes you only saw them when she was sitting. She has a tremendous amount of class and really enjoys her role which is wonderful to see.

Is that something about the dress....
That it looks a bit like a choir robe or a red cassock? Because after I looked at it again today, that's where my mind went. And then I also thought of Sheikha Mozah of Qatar because she has worn this style often.

Is that something about the dress....
That it looks a bit like a choir robe or a red cassock? Because after I looked at it again today, that's where my mind went. And then I also thought of Sheikha Mozah of Qatar because she has worn this style often.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head, I was thinking of catholic cardinals outfits and also the sheika, all running through my brain. Don't know what would fix it, too much unrelieved red, plus the neckline altered would help

As mentioned in the other thread, the fashion house "Valentino" belongs to the Qatari royal family. Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli seem to be fond of Gothic and Renaissance themes in their couture collections.

Last edited:
:previous: Court Dress can be so restrictive but, at least Maxima may have an opportunity to recycle, reuse and remake it. Those gowns the BRF wear are just so unforgiving and there really is nowhere else they could wear it. Even the Queen can't slot it into her wardrobe because it really is so "not" eveningwear.

What an ugly dress! Typical n style too tight in the chest and inverted pleats to make the hips look bigger. But what awful colors

I just got around to reading the Sept. Vanity Fair Best Dressed issue. Maxima was on the international list. The most interesting thing about it was that her go to designers were listed as : Lanvin, Danna Karan and Benito Fernandez. No Natan.
see: The 2014 International Best-Dressed List

What an ugly dress! Typical n style too tight in the chest and inverted pleats to make the hips look bigger. But what awful colors

Its certainly not one of my favourites, certainly not for a bright sunny day like today.

Outstanding look except the shoes. They appear to be open toes and massive platform. But loving the gloves.
Think she borrowed these shoes from Queen Letizia. Something she would have worn years ago.

No. Miss. Bad colors, and it looks like she spilled on it, or her kids finger painted on it.

Ow... the hair...

:ermm:

Oh wait... it must be the UN or the Orange Fund?

:whistling:

Yes it is...

:lol:

Máxima at the United Nations in New York City on September 23, 2014, wearing a new Natan dress of the autumn/winter 2014 collection - I'm not excited about that animal print:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Matching Natan coat **
Oh my. Not liking this dress for so many reasons. The shiny fabric, the print, the color, the fit are all terrible. That's just for starters.

Can't make up my mind. Somehow, kinda like it.

I like it. Shoes and jewelry are great. Hair? Awful.

:previous:I think I know what you mean, despite an ill fitting dress, she still looks good

i love the dress but the hair can definitely do with a bit of help....

Iceflower. Thanks for the pics. You really see what good hair and accessories do for dress in the comparison!

Somehow, without the updo and gorgeous accessories the dress looks downright blah. Perhaps it is just the shawl that makes it sort of mumsy.

I think Maxima's outfit is very vibrant, colourful and inviting and doesn't look dull or boring to me at all. I fail to see how a colour as bright as this is 'blah', but I respect the fact that we all have different opinions - it's interesting to see how much one opinion can differ to another. She looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom