Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2014 - August 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I'm not a huge fan of this outfit. The colour is alright, but it's not really my cup of tea and the hat is a little large IMO. But the outfit very 'Maxima'.

Too many shades of camel going on for my taste. I'm not loving the huge hat although it does keep her hair tidy. Looks like she slept in those pants..

I utterly dislike trousers and hats worn together. This time is no different. And the big bow on the blouse and the gigantic hat are too much together. One of the two would be better. Too many shades of camel indeed, and the wrinkled trousers should be burnt. Natan has never made a pair of trousers that flatters a female body.

Anyway, nothing else is new, no other (royal) person in its right mind would wear this outfit. But her personality saves her as usual.

Last edited:
This hat is the most quintessentially 'Maxima' piece, IMO. However, this outfit is kind of 'meh' for me-too much camel.

May 21, 2014 - Hairstyle looks great!

Full view ** Hair
Wow . . . isn't it amazing that Queen Maxima warrants a **Hair** category. Who would have thought it!

:previous:

Indeed, very lovely!

The dress she wears is a recycled one by Natan, but in the past she mostly wore it together with the matching coat:

** June 2013 ** May 2012 **

For the "Appeltjes van Oranje 2014'' award ceremony Máxima changed into a new orange dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Not too keen on the baby pink dress with the seams picked out with deep cyclamen. Now had she worn that delightful coat, with or without the hat, it could have been magic.

As to the Orange? She looks wonderful from the top of her head to the tip of her toes, with a special note for her smile.

not that crazy about the dress and shoes but the hair is beautiful.
I quite agree, the hair is amazing and I love the way she has almost hidden her part. A sharp part line would have been too harsh and detracted from the overall look. As to her shoes, both pairs are, quite simply, a delight.

Nice hairstyles but i am not a fan of the giant fake earrings in the last few outfits.
But so very, very, Maxima. Perhaps she could be persuaded to wear large "real" jewels. Maybe tutti-fruitti?

Hair tidy and neatly styled .. dress too pink IMO
Yes, I agree the dress is too pink or, more correctly too baby pink which is wierd because when she wears it with the matching coat the colour looks almost warm beige and compliments the hat and shoes. An altogether wonderful ensemble.

:previous: I'm not a huge fan of this outfit. The colour is alright, but it's not really my cup of tea and the hat is a little large IMO. But the outfit very 'Maxima'.
Oh I think this is a charming look!

This hat is the most quintessentially 'Maxima' piece, IMO. However, this outfit is kind of 'meh' for me-too much camel.
Hmm, I think we all agree that this is Maxima. Oversized hat, charming look but sometimes a little over the top. But would we have her any other way?

I don't think so . . . Queen Maxima is a continual reveal. She has a whole new "style" and is even wearing her pre-queen wardrobe with a whole new flair. And the hair . . . for every meh there's now at least two wows which is pretty good going when you consider her pre-queen track record.

Last edited:
I love the hat and the beige previously the wide brims are really very flatterring on her IMO the trouser situation was not a great look and though I love the colour of this outfit generaally it is a bit messy in a way too matchy matchy maybe am not sure bit u love the raspberry colour on her

:previous: I'm with you on that. Who else but Maxima would pair orange and raspberry and get away with it.

Love, love, love, the raspberry hat, shoes, clutch, and yes there are gloves! Wonderful, elegant raspberry gloves. And thanks to the dress it didn't all look too matchy, matchy.

The gold earrings? Not so much.

Hair? Hmm, interesting. Seems to be either a messy braid or ponytail. But that's okay because it's out of the way and doesn't interfere with the hat, earrings and shoulder-line of her dress.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+King+Willem+Alexader+Holland+NeSMPHHQq8wl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+King+Willem+Alexader+Holland+T9lPR1_zbAWl.jpg

Nice outfit, surprising is that only QMax could pull this off. She has such a huge personality and can get away with just about anything........love the raspberry hat, gloves and clutch and jacket she is carrying, and the dress, like the fabric also. Earrings, not so much, too big!

Maxi can rock a big ol hat like no one. This is very pretty to me. Love the accessories.

The outfit looks great on Maxima and I love the vibrant, tropical colour combination.

Maxi can rock a big ol hat like no one. This is very pretty to me. Love the accessories.

Yes I agree, she wears it well. However, if it were on anyone else, I would've thought it was too big and loud, although since it's again very Maxima, she manages to pull it off.

Now mesdames et messieurs... this is style...

:wub:

The King and Queen of the Netherlands bring a two-day visit to Nordrheinland-Westfalen and Niedersachsen, the two big German states bordering the East of their kingdom. Queen Máxima wore a black-and-white dress, with matching accessoires (hat, gloves, purse).

So to see the Queen wore her new diamond-and-pearl earknobs with old heirloom naturel pearl pendants, a diamond and pearl brooch and a pearl-strings bracelet with diamond clasp. Glamorous.

Source: PPE Agency http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2014/PPE14052606.jpg

Last edited:
She looks outstanding!!! Very, very elegant!

Marvelous, an elegant stunner..and the jewels!

Now This is one stunning outfit from head to toe!! One just cannot top the smartness of black and white in my opinion. The pearls just add to the perfection. This is how a queen should dress.

Ditto to all. Just gorgeous.

Love the outfit. Didn't Crown Princess Mary wear something similar on a official visit a few months ago?

100% perfect.

The best of Maxima with true royal style. Love it!

Maxima scores yet another gold star with this ensemble.

The hat - oh the hat is to die for, a symphony in black and white with it's broad brim allowing her gorgeous earrings to shine. And yes, you did see right, she has resurrected that utimate hat accessory;

The ornate hat pin - of which she wore two, perfectly balanced for the hat! The back right, white pearl and the back left, black pearl. (VOS)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-85CeDxwXt...illem+Alexander+Queen+Maxima+cB6P0gHhMKex.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wvs4fM_E2...der+Queen+Maxima+Netherlands+Ny9zbYqFuJdx.jpg

The dress - perfect with its white top and black bottom in a flattering slim line. Very 1960's, except for it's elegant length.

The accessories - the gloves (VOS), clutch and shoes were sublime.

The jewellery - fabulous. The pearl and diamond brooch shone, just in case we missed the beautiful pearl drop earrings or that equally gorgeous bracelet.

Maxima is truely magnificent in this ensemble. She has the gravitas to wear those wonderful jewels and 'very old school' accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom