Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Máxima at the Wageningen University today, September 2nd, wearing the red dress again she wore during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle on July 10. I like it better without the hat.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** July 2013 **

I am a little surprised to see Maxima in a red dress so soon after Friso's death. I know everybody has to move on, but I would have thought she may have worn more subdued colours for some time.

Its a pretty blue dress but one she always seems to wear sloppily. It could really be beautiful....As for her wearing bright colors after someone died, do people still wear somber colors in remembrance?

Its a pretty blue dress but one she always seems to wear sloppily. It could really be beautiful....As for her wearing bright colors after someone died, do people still wear somber colors in remembrance?

No,that is deemed old-fashioned here.And it won't bring back the deceased.Don't forget,the family already was in mourning for a year and a halve.Only his widow and mother will wear subdued colours for a while but then that's deemed normal.

Plus,I think we will see the Queen in all sorts of bright colours this week and the next as there's a heatwave coming our way again..The summer returns and that shows...it also shows the difference HM makes if on a official visit,or one of the projects of the Orange Fund...First is tip top representing,2nd is informal and easy all the way.:)...

Last edited:
I dont care for the blue printed dress. It's ideal for summer and looks like a very light dress. Maxima sure pulls off prints well.

Love the red hate the hat it looks ridiculous ... not certain about the blue it would look great at the beach but there ?? am not sure she made the correct choice I do like the shoes.

I like the orange Natan dress for its simplicity. The blue dress nice. I'm okay with the tie-dyed look.

I don't care for the blue floral dress at all. It just looks sloppy. In fact, I don't care for her whole look.. awful shoes, and her hair is once again, messy.

I don't care for the blue floral dress at all. It just looks sloppy. In fact, I don't care for her whole look.. awful shoes, and her hair is once again, messy.

HER HAIR. Ye gods and fishes, I cannot with her hair anymore. Dreadful. :bang:

Queen Maxima at the Wageningen University today, September 2nd, wearing the red dress again she wore during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle on July 10. I like it better without the hat.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** July 2013 **
Love the dress. Love the hat. Loath the "outfit"! Wear the dress . . . lose the hat. Wear the hat . . . lose the dress. Erm, that did not come out quite right. OK, just lose the hat. :D

There's at least one statistical outlier ;) she also wore it on May 21, 2010 :)

** Maxima 2010 **
Mmm, nice dress but those ghastly shoes? What was she thinking . . .they are big, they are clunky . . . move over Gladiator . . . here comes the Queen! :D

HER HAIR. Ye gods and fishes, I cannot with her hair anymore. Dreadful. :bang:
Obviously there is a breeze and it is taking diabolical liberties with her hair. But wait, their are worse things than flyaway hair! There seems to have been a severe outbreak of "Helmet Hair" from female news anchor's in particular. They move and their slightly bouffant hair, courtesy of half a pot of hair wax and half a can of hair spray, does no!. Creepy, just plain creepy.

So with Maxima I believe one should always look on the bright side of life. And let's face it, she is the only CP/QC who has a penchant for dashing, vibrant, show-stopping colour and sneaky little updo's that, just when you are in despair, rejuvenates the retinas!

Mmm, nice dress but those ghastly shoes? What was she thinking . . .they are big, they are clunky . . . move over Gladiator . . . here comes the Queen!

i agree about the shoes. they looked completely mismatched. shame, the dress is lovely!

i also wish she had worn the red dress with no hat. in fact, i prefer maxima either with her hair down, no hats, old style... or with a proper hairdo.

September 4, 2013 - Maxima in yellow with white matched with a hat.

Not fond of this type of hat with such an outfit. She could've gotten away with a headpiece or a brim hat which would've looked much nicer. The outfit is ok, she pulled it off well. Her hair is in a ponytail which looks very neat.

Full view ** Back view & hair

I like her today I think is a skirt with a top, the hat I'm not sure the pony tile I think is fake looks nice

I don't like the dress at all but she managed to make it look nice in previous occasions as iceflower shown. But this time, it's just hideous

Enough already with this Natan outfit! And ditch the silly looking hat!!

wow, I think she looks great in this old Natan dress. Love the hat and shoes compared to how she wore it before.
She looks very good, much slimmer, imo and always put together, hat and gloves. I like these hats, the red one and this one but didn't like the open center of the red hat.

I think the yellow outfit and hat are horrible.

I. Don't. Think. So.

Better luck next time, Max!

The only thing I DO like here is the ponytail!

I like this look, Its neat. Don't love the fake hair but I like that its pulled together into a "do"

September 5, 2013 - Maxima recycling her green Natan outfit with a brim hat.

Way too much green and the flower should've been removed IMO. The wide hat is really nice for a change but not sure if I like it with the outfit.

Full view ** Close up

This is absolutely horrible. It looks like Kermit the Frog vomited on her. All that green!!!! She looks ridiculous, the flower thing is ludicrous, just NO

I love the green outfit and hat - but maybe if she had a different coloured handbag and took off the green frilly thing it would be much better!
Somehow I really like all the Natan clothes as they are neat and nicely structured.

I really was shocked when saw Maxima in bright orange dress soon after the funeral. Neutral dresses would be more appropriate now.

Today's outfit-hat combination is not as bad as at the last tries, but nevertheless I liked it better without a hat, like in June:

** June 3, 2013, Germany **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom