Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Queen Máxima yesterday, July 8, during a visit to the Jewish community in Amsterdam, wearing a recycled Natan coat and a recyled hat:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** September 2011 ** November 2011 **

Today, July 9, for a visit in Leiden Máxima has recycled her lovely Natan dress with stripes (Mathilde owns it as well):

** Full view ** Close up ** November 2011 **

Regarding Maxima's outfit she wore during her visit to the Jewish community: Her hat is nice and I like her shoes. Her coat is OK, but I'm not as keen.

Regarding her outfit she wore during her visit to Leiden: I really like the dress, the colours go will with each other. Her bag and shoes are also nice. The only thing I'm not too keen on is her hairstyle.

Love the stripes on her very flattering IMO love the silvery hat but the earrings and the shiny coat are blinding good heavens IMO....

I like the style of the coat, but not the material it's made out of. The dress is a bit too busy for my taste.

I've got my nitpicks with BOTH of her latest outfits/looks (i.e., shiny coat fabric, hair loose with the striped dress, etc.).

HOWEVER . . .

I will GLADLY and cheerfully take BOTH these latest looks in their entirety OVER her ill-advised, head-to-toe Maximapark get-up.

She looks lovely in the stripy dress! Very nice and fresh. - I'm no fan of her ankle strap shoes, and she wears ankle straps very often. I think she would do better without them!

I don't think we can fault her EVERY time she wears her hair down. It's probably very fine and wispy, but it was very tame in the second set of photos.

Also, i think the shiny-ness of the coat is probably due to the flashes inside a dim interior of the synagogue. Not a big deal, in my opinion.

I like the striped dress on her. It's colorful and summery looking. Her wedge espadrilles add a nice touch.

Queen Máxima during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle today, July 10, looking great in a new red sleeveless dress by Natan.

** Full view **

Love, love the red dress!

She looks as beautiful and lovely as ever. It's a simple dress but made from a vibrant, luxurious material! King WA looks great too!

Wow lovely Orange dress for máxima when meeting QE!! Nicely done!

Great look for Maxima. The color and style are very flattering on her.

Queen Máxima during her visit to Queen Elizabeth at Windsor castle today, July 10, looking great in a new red sleeveless dress by Natan.

** Full view **

The fabric for this dress reminds me of the fabric used for the blue dresses that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane wore to King Willem-Alexander's innauguration. I think those were by Natan, also.

She looks very nice, like the fabric and the color, but the Natan cut, with the pleats at the hip, are not my favorite.

She looks very nice, like the fabric and the color, but the Natan cut, with the pleats at the hip, are not my favorite.
I like how Queen Maxima is referencing the Duchess of Cambridge by wearing the famous nude shoes!:flowers:

I believe Maxima chose the shoes because she decided to wear them that day, with no reference to anyone else!

I don't think this is a "Natan cut," it's just trying to create a cinched silhouette that emphasizes the natural waist. Since the length of the dress is long enough, it balances out, IMO.

I don't think we can fault her EVERY time she wears her hair down. It's probably very fine and wispy, but it was very tame in the second set of photos.

Also, i think the shiny-ness of the coat is probably due to the flashes inside a dim interior of the synagogue. Not a big deal, in my opinion.

Nah, I don't think "we" fault Max EVERY time she wears her hair down. But I DO agree that her hair DOES seem very fine and wispy.

For example:

Netherlands | Royal Hats

Scroll down to the post "Queen Maxima Opens Utrecht Park". Check out the pics, particularly #7, which is a rear-view shot.

I'd tend to think that those pics (#7, especially!) present a GOOD case for Max' hair being on the fine, wispy side.

So, just as a thought, if I were Max, I think I'd have a tendency to wear my hair up more, or perhaps under hats (and turbans!) more. I'd probably most likely be rocking hairpieces a bit, too, to try to give my natural hair as much of a rest as possible. ESPECIALLY seeing as how I'd be traveling all over the Devil's half acre right now, and that fine, wispy hair would undoubtedly be taking one heck of a beating (as I've mentioned elsewhere on this board, already).

My thought is that hair is and can be considered a part of a total fashion look. And like, with shoes, jewelry, hem lengths, etc., sometimes, you can get a PART of a total look right, but completely miss the mark on one or more other aspect(s) of it.

It's GREAT when EVERYTHING works, but, again, sometimes, it doesn't. And when that happens, more often than not, whatever it is that ISN'T working stands out and usually gets commented on more quickly and/or frequently than everything else that IS.

And since we're all here to share our comments and opinions on pictures we see of people in the public eye that are posted here and elsewhere, we do.

We just look, share our thoughts and comments, and have fun, knowing as we do that no, NONE of this is a big deal.

The shiny coat fabric?

You've got a point, possibly. Maybe it WAS the low-key synagogue lighting that made it appear shiny.

Still didn't care for the shiny look of the fabric, though. No matter HOW it came about.

As for Max' UK outfit?

LOVED IT!

I thought she looked SO pretty, and I especially liked the red nails!

WTG, Maxima!

Last edited:

** Full view **

The dress isn't bad at all, I actually like the color. The only downside is that she could be dressed it up with a matching jacket instead of the beige cardigan she had hanging on her shoulders while she arrived (in the video you can see that). I find cardigans on such visits inappropriate.

Love the orange dress she looks lovely hair up nice bag ... love it all..

I think she looks splendid! Lovely hair, beautiful jewelry, and accessories. Two thumbs up!

** Full view **

I think Maxima looked lovely during yesterday's visit to HM. The colour of her dress is nice and summery. Her shoes go well with her dress and I also like her brooch and bracelet.

The fabric for this dress reminds me of the fabric used for the blue dresses that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane wore to King Willem-Alexander's innauguration. I think those were by Natan, also.

I have just looked at a photo of the Three Princesses' outfits at the inauguration and I think the pattern/fabric of Maxima's dress is very similar to their blue dresses as well. It could be the same. Here is a comparison:

Maxima (photo from iceflower's post)
The Three Princesses (photo from Yahoo)
The pattern of Crown Princess Mathilde's white dress also looks similar to Maxima's (photo from PPE Agency)

Last edited:
I don't think this is a "Natan cut," it's just trying to create a cinched silhouette that emphasizes the natural waist. Since the length of the dress is long enough, it balances out, IMO.
So many Natan dresses have either one or two inverted pleats right at each hip bone, like the multicolored striped one she just wore (and that Mathilde wears). To me, he uses that so often in his sheath dresses, I think of it as his cut. :flowers:

So many Natan dresses have either one or two inverted pleats right at each hip bone, like the multicolored striped one she just wore (and that Mathilde wears). To me, he uses that so often in his sheath dresses, I think of it as his cut. :flowers:

I see! But I think it's a pretty classic cut and pleating job.

Really pretty dress. Would love a closer look at that brooch. Is it the citrine without the dangly attachments? She has picked some wonderful dresses for her new Queenage.

I think Maxima looked lovely during yesterday's visit to HM. The colour of her dress is nice and summery. Her shoes go well with her dress and I also like her brooch and bracelet.

I have just looked at a photo of the Three Princesses' outfits at the inauguration and I think the pattern/fabric of Maxima's dress is very similar to their blue dresses as well. It could be the same. Here is a comparison:

Maxima (photo from iceflower's post)
The Three Princesses (photo from Yahoo)

and may be we should to add Mathilde dress, isn't the same fabric but in white ? even the same dress as the red?????

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom