Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Puhleez, it's Maxima, so over the top is de rigeur. I love it!

The yellow, and beige Natan dress is quite awful; the inverted pleats make Maxima look bigger than she really is, and the yellow is a bit too shiny for my taste. As for the green ensemble, I like the shade of the top, and I think it would looked very nice if paired with a black, white, or beige skirt. The shoes could have been a different color as well. The green skirt is once again making Maxima looked wider than she is.

No.

Just.

NO.

Yep, too much green. The flowered-or-whatever-that-is thingy on the shoulder kind of struck me as though Max is wearing a bouquet of mushy peas, or something.

Like the hat, but not with this outfit. Like the shoes AND bag, actually, but, AGAIN, NOT with this outfit (TOO MUCH GREEN!).

And I agree with Daria that the cut of the skirt makes Max look wide.

Oh, well.

It's MAX, after all.

I must say contrary to most of the post here I like it the beige and yellow out fit and the green is not so bad, just may be with nude colour shoes and handbag and may be her emerald earings! and yes I migh had taken out the flower on the chest! wht I like about both is that their are skirts and top with bottoms in the back of the top. I wish she would stop to use that fake jewellery is awfull that earings she used

I must say contrary to most of the post here I like it the beige and yellow out fit and the green is not so bad, just may be with nude colour shoes and handbag and may be her emerald earings! and yes I migh had taken out the flower on the chest! wht I like about both is that their are skirts and top with bottoms in the back of the top. I wish she would stop to use that fake jewellery is awfull that earings she used

I feel the same way about her outfits. Maxima clothes always scream Maxima. She dress to match who she is and I like that aspect of her styles.

I agree, her fake jewelry looks tacky - she seems to favor statement pieces, but she should not wear them all at once

I love the green. It reminds me when Sheikha Mozah wore that all green outfit. Only the strong can survive such an outfit. I agree though take off the grass corsage and put a nice brooch there!!

I like the idea of taking the grass corsage off and replacing it with a nice brooch, rubies! I like her purse, but not the shoes. A little too much green for my taste..

I hope the two Queens will stop wearing same dress and same shoes on the same week!
(green outfit Mathilde without lettuce)

September 5, 2013 - Maxima recycling her green Natan outfit with a brim hat.

Way too much green and the flower should've been removed IMO. The wide hat is really nice for a change but not sure if I like it with the outfit.

Full view ** Close up

Maxima looked nice on September 5th, I like the green but I agree about the flower ornament; it's a bit big for my taste. Her hat is OK and it goes well with her outfit. I like her bag too.

Maxima looked nice on September 5th, I like the green but I agree about the flower ornament; it's a bit big for my taste. Her hat is OK and it goes well with her outfit. I like her bag too.

Thank you for these! I love this green!!! She looks so lovely!

She looks fabulous! Only Max can pull of this bright color and be overpower by it.

I don't agree, sorry. Just because it's "her" doesn't automatically make it attractive. I love Victoria, she's my fave, but some things she wears I cringe at they are just unattractive.

Well, it is true, even on a strong and charismatic lady like Queen Maxima some odd outfits/colours/hats can look funny, but she can wear a lot of designs and extreme colours that may look "too much" on a different woman.
Part of the attraction of Queen Maxima´s outfits is the "surprise-factor" because her style is very unpredictable,expressive and fresh :)
I really like her recent "sunshine" yellow-outfit,it looks lovely on her and I also like that she kept the look very simple with minimal jewellery and beige shoes.

I really like this on Maxima. Love the strong color and her simple hair-do. I do believe this is a new dress, correct me if I am wrong..

Yes, I also believe it is a new dress;-) I thought it might be a Natan-design, but I could not find this particular dress in the summer 2013-collection.

Well, it is true, even on a strong and charismatic lady like Queen Maxima some odd outfits/colours/hats can look funny, but she can wear a lot of designs and extreme colours that may look "too much" on a different woman.
Part of the attraction of Queen Maxima´s outfits is the "surprise-factor" because her style is very unpredictable,expressive and fresh :)
I really like her recent "sunshine" yellow-outfit,it looks lovely on her and I also like that she kept the look very simple with minimal jewellery and beige shoes.

Gosh, I reread my comment and I sounded bitch-y. My apologies

The color looks almost chartreuse to me, one of my faves. Love the hairdo and earrings that don't compete with the elegant cut of this silk dress. Beautiful cut for her, difficult to wear the upper part and she looks great in it.
PS, Andolini, don't think your comment was negative.
One of the reasons Max can wear a lot of what she does is because of her height.

The color looks almost chartreuse to me, one of my faves. Love the hairdo and earrings that don't compete with the elegant cut of this silk dress. Beautiful cut for her, difficult to wear the upper part and she looks great in it.
PS, Andolini, don't think your comment was negative.
One of the reasons Max can wear a lot of what she does is because of her height.

How tall is she?

No doubt the yellow is quite deliberate. She also wore a yellow outfit during her visit to Brunei. In Malay culture, (Brunei and Malaysia), the colour yellow has special significance and is associated with royalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom