Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find both outfits too much.

Loud outfits that suit her and stringy messy hair, good so see Max back in action as usual :ROFLMAO:

I thought that costume pieces means: fake. Queen Máxima wears no fake. She is not wearing plastic pearls or glass diamonds, pretending to be real indeed. When casual, the Queen sometimes wears not so expensive materials: wood, enamel, titanium, aluminium but: what you see is what you get. Nothing fake about it. That does not file them under "costume jewelry", I think. But maybe there is a linguïstic difference in play here.

(..) Costume means any jewelry made from cheap material like all those you listed. Yes, originally it was fake jewels but moves on to things like bakelite bangles and more. So yes, Max wears costume.

(..)
Back to fashion, missed a couple

Orange- great dress, love the color on her

Jakarta;

-day 1 look 1; quite like the coat and even shoes
-look 2; find the print too busy but color is nice
-day 2; blouse is lovely. I like this print, less busy and not head to toe

Last edited by a moderator:
(..) Costume means any jewelry made from cheap material like all those you listed. Yes, originally it was fake jewels but moves on to things like bakelite bangles and more. So yes, Max wears costume.

[...]

It is a linguistic difference I think.

The Dutch translation for costume jewelry is imitatiesieraden (imitation jewelry).

Imitatiesieraden (costume jewelry) are the plastic tiaras given on a Fun Fair or so. For the costs of a set bijoux made of wood, leather and enamel, to name an example, one can purchase a truckload of plastic tiaras!

When Queen Máxima wears "cheap" (you would be surprised by the prize tag...) jewels made of titanium with malachite, of wood with topaz, or a necklace with red beryl this indeed are not diamonds or sapphires but it also does not file under "costume jewelry". It is just jewelry not made from the big 5 (diamond, sapphire, ruby emerald or pearl).

:flowers:

a typical Queen Maxima look,the print on the dress are quite odd not liking the red shal too.

i think that dress is very fitting for indonesia :) it looked a bit of out place the first time she wore it in the netherlands inside the very neoclassical palace, but here it looks like it is meant to be!

The print is definitely better suited for Indonesia but still not a fan of this look:sad:

My closet is arranged by color and length of garment. I'd love to know how many feet of orange is in her closet! :lol: This dress is a solid hit for me.

She looks lovely. I love the color.

Classic Maxima look and works great: love how the embroidery fits with the shoes! Overall a really great outfit

She looks wonderful in the white dress.

That is my favorite dress! I wish I had it, very flattering to her, love the beige accessories though the heels could be lower

she looks wonderful, the white dress always looks great on her.
lovely accessories too.

Wow! I love it! What else can one say? Maxima looks like a million dollars and a true Queen. (..) I love how there's no doubting that Maxima is the Queen- yet she is fun, friendly, and down to earth at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks outstanding! The skirt is exquisite, especially with the top. This is one of her most divine looks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom