Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... we go that way... wait a minute... why does Máxima still wear hats and gloves, why does she wear floor length gowns for a music event, why does she wear diamond-studded diadems in her hair?

Ergo: I expect Her Majesty, pardon, that is -with a dirty word- "the past", I expect Mrs Von Amsberg to wear a trendy pair of designer jeans (with those trendy handmade holes, you know) for meeting the Governor-General in New Zealand.

If we go thát way ("why should she follow other royals?") it opens up a whoooole new perspective indeed.

Ah... we go that way... wait a minute... why does Máxima still wear hats and gloves, why does she wear floor length gowns for a music event, why does she wear diamond-studded diadems in her hair?

Ergo: I expect Her Majesty, pardon, that is -with a dirty word- "the past", I expect Mrs Von Amsberg to wear a trendy pair of designer jeans (with those trendy handmade holes, you know) for meeting the Governor-General in New Zealand.

If we go thát way ("why should she follow other royals?") it opens up a whoooole new perspective indeed.

Overreacting is an art unwanted on Fora & Boards alike,so please.

DeP, Glad this thread is giving you some new perspective :lol:

That said, i like that Q.Maxima is adventurous with her clothing; not all her choices are to my liking, but if you don't try some variation some time she'd be stuckk to the same dresses and hats all the time and imo she's too young to get in a rut like that

Last edited:
The orange outfit has nothing good about to repeat another poster. The dress itself with the ragged see through hemline is enough to throw it back, the color too bright, the lace is very unattractive and the whole thing looks uncomfortable. Great earrings, but that belongs on another thread

Thats not what I meant and I am sure you know that.

As Queen, Maxima should put her best foot forward but that has nothing to do with with the discussion of why she needs several outfits a day just because her mother in law did so.

I'm on the fence about Maxima's latest dress she wore in Australia. I like the black and white look, but am not a fan of the design of the stripes. However I think it's one of the best outfits she has worn during this trip so far.

i agree duc :flowers: if i want to see 'jeans with handmade holes' i will go to see the kardashians. (OK, not really the kardashians as i am likely to see them wearing very little anyway :p, but whoever celebrity is 'en vogue' - the angelina jolies or the like). if i come here, to 'the royal forums', it is because i am expecting gloves, hats and diamonds. and for that, maxima is my woman as she clearly does it best - at least within her generation of royals.

:previous:

Here's a full view of the dress she wore under the cape, it's the new Givenchy dress she recently wore in Argentina:

** Dress ** October 2016 **

Love it and the hat .. I really like the cape. I was at home in Australia when they were there and they received news coverage as well and I was busy as my daughter was marrying so I didn't get out to see her ...

i loved that dress in argentina and liked seeing it again - although i prefer it with no cape.

Still not a huge fan of print but I love the color and style of the dress on her. And with her hair in a lovely updo, with one of her great hosts, she looks even better. I love the cape :flowers:

Love the cape but not the dress.

Unexpectedly great combination with hat, cape, gloves, etc. Very ladylike, I applaud her for keeping up royal appearances when needed.

I was not so keen on the dress when she wore it on it's own, but even with just the hat (let alone the cape!) it transforms the whole look for me and it really is an elegant outfit.

Beautiful. I love it that when the limousine doors open, indeed a lady steps out of the car, dressed alike a royal indeed.

Yes outfit very nice and stylish but the hair spoils it - very untidy

I think she looks good - really like the style but I just don't like yellow/pink combo. And it is pink - bag, dress, even earrings.

She got the 1960s Jackie Kennedy look going.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think she looks good - really like the style but I just don't like yellow/pink combo. And it is pink - bag, dress, even earrings.

I agree! She looks nice but this combination yellow-pink just.. don't!

If love the dress and coat, beautiful. The pink is subtle shade so I don't mind :flowers: but the messy hair and the so called hat :ermm: but overall great showing, very regal queen.

Maxima looks outstanding. I love the colors.

I like the yellow pink combo, very nice look for her. Looks like 1967 to me. Great earrings..

Beautiful look!! I think New Zealand win Australia! :) I mean the stylistic choices of Queen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom