Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ,Maxima looked regal during all the ceremonies.I loved all her choices.
All her outfits were gorgeous. Hairdo perfect,jewels wonderful.
That blue outfit is perfection and that tiara :wub::wub:

Good luck to the new King and Queen :dutchflag:

She looked amazing yesterday. A true Queen.

I think she looks fantastic in all the outfits and I can't imagine how many [people was working around her to get her transformation between outfits, heardressers, make up artists etc.... did she had a lot of time to change in between?

Ugh! She's returned to her usual stringy hair style. Please, Maxima, hair smooth, up, and back off your face!

Or at the very least trim the ends!

I like her in pink. Lovely dress/coat.

I think she looks fantastic in all the outfits and I can't imagine how many [people was working around her to get her transformation between outfits, heardressers, make up artists etc.... did she had a lot of time to change in between?

I was thinking yesterday how much time and thought was put into her many outfits, hair, etc. Everything was perfect! Wonder how far in advance the planning for all of this started? Right after Beatrix announced she was stepping down or perhaps before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is beautiful gown, but I think it was a little bit too intense color for THE DAY OF HER HUSBAND... Poor WA was a gray mouse next to her. IMO she ought to have chosen a more moderate color.

Seeing as tho the King probably knew what was coming and clearly approved, I don't see a problem.

I was thinking yesterday how much time and thought was put into her many outfits, hair, etc. Everything was perfect! Wonder when how far in advance the planning for all of this started? Right after Beatrix announced she was stepping down or perhaps before?
they knew for over a year, so they had time to get ready but I jjust think this is like to put a show with a lot of backstage people working behind the scene! and in every event she had different heair style and this takes time to do I also think she had some hair pieces , specially with the saphire tiara! she had probably from a dresser to makeup artists and she had people taking care of getting the little girls ready too, she asa mom couldnt take care of them , she had to take care of herself, so I must say everything was very well organize and stage, to the perfection! congratulations to the dutch people1

they knew for over a year, so they had time to get ready but I jjust think this is like to put a show with a lot of backstage people working behind the scene! and in every event she had different hair style and this takes time to do I also think she had some hair pieces , specially with the saphire tiara! she had probably from a dresser to makeup artists and she had people taking care of getting the little girls ready too, she asa mom couldnt take care of them , she had to take care of herself, so I must say everything was very well organize and stage, to the perfection! congratulations to the dutch people1

One wonders how many of her different hair styles yesterday included hair pieces or wigs, including the curly style last night. I even wonder if Willem-Alexander wore a hair piece to his inauguration? His hair looked so different than it usually does.

One wonders how many of her different hair styles yesterday included hair pieces or wigs, including the curly style last night. I even wonder if Willem-Alexander wore a hair piece to his inauguration? His hair looked so different than it usually does.
I don't think he did, but THere are a photo that you can imagine it was a hair piece and very well done mix it with her own hair very difficult to notice it but she has such a fine hair and not so much so it is impossible to do such a wonderfuls updoos with her hair!

The blue gown is absolutely gorgeous. WOW. The wonderful Tiara, the hairdo, the make-up and the gown: Perfect! :flowers:

Full length view
Another picture

Absolutely amazing! Just breathtakingly beautiful. I loved the entire look from the second I saw it. The gown and color were simply exquisite. Love the embroidery. The tiara and the rest of the jewels were also amazing. This gown is one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. Queen Maxima looked perfect and this gown is definitely fitting for a Queen.

Last edited:
The blue gown is absolutely gorgeous. WOW. The wonderful Tiara, the hairdo, the make-up and the gown: Perfect! :flowers:

Full length view
Another picture

I think that Maxima looked wonderful at the inauguration. IMO, she and WA both looked very regal in the second picture. I love the colour of her gown, and her tiara and earrings are lovely as well. Overall, I think she looked beautiful yesterday.

She had so much done to her hair yesterday I give her a pass for not wanting to deal with it today. I hope she keeps her style and remains true to herself. I don't think the King would want her to change he seems to love her as she is.

The blue gown was to die for, and with the jewels...no words. Maxima simply shone, and did indeed look like a true Queen. I love the pink coat-dress. It looks nice and simple.

Yes, it is beautiful gown, but I think it was a little bit too intense color for THE DAY OF HER HUSBAND... Poor WA was a gray mouse next to her. IMO she ought to have chosen a more moderate color.

How can a man in an red velvet and ermine robe ever be described as a grey mouse?

Judging from the comments a lot of you live in a world of criticism and low tolerance. And many of those don't have royalty as their head of state. I do and I cut them slack. They have to be a head of state; support a spouse; raise children, cut costs; deal with politicians (done that - nightmare, ego-city); manage staff; mostly "do it themselves"; always look beautiful; right underwear; right outerwear (to suit every taste on every occasion); and must NEVER put a foot wrong.

Well what I love about royals is that they are human. And not all of the above happens. If you are here to just criticise I suggest you go outside, take a deep breath and get a life.

Hey, how many times do you become queen during your lifetime? Girl, you gotta raid the vaults, dust off those jewels, order up some party dresses and go out and kick up your heels!

Last edited:
Perfection, all of it. Thank you Maxima for stepping it all the way up with hairstyles, jewels and fabulous fashion creations with sincerety, gaity and regal bearing.

Mr. Saab doesn't have the copyrights to embroidery on dresses IMHO. The cape was already seen on a McQueen dress worn by actress Gwenyth Paltrow, though I am sure there will be previous examples of people wearing a cape too. Of course there is a big resemblance indeed.

The colour blue was chosen as a tribute to our flag (the mantle of WA was red and white). The skirt of the Natan dress was made of fabrics that were given as a present to Máxima by her mother-in-law (who bought them in Turkey). the designer said that Máxima insisted that the fabric would be used, though he had no idea that he was actually making the abdication suit as it was ordered a while ago.

Last edited:
Mr. Saab doesn't have the copyrights to embroidery on dresses IMHO. The cape was already seen on a McQueen dress worn by actress Gwenyth Paltrow, though I am sure there will be previous examples of people wearing a cape too. Of course there is a big resemblance indeed.

The colour blue was chosen as a tribute to our flag (the mantle of WA was red and white). The skirt of the Natan dress was made of fabrics that were given as a present to Máxima by her mother-in-law (who bought them in Turkey). the designer said that Máxima insisted that the fabric would be used, though he had no idea that he was actually making the abdication suit, as it was ordered a while ago.

Tom Ford did Gwyneth's dress

Gywneth's was indeed Tom Ford. And Giambattista Valli has used capes heavily aswell. Anyone remember Charlotte Casiraghi's pale blue dress (with cape) at the wedding feast of Albert and Charlene? Capes have been in fashion ever since.

Perfection, all of it. Thank you Maxima for stepping it all the way up with hairstyles, jewels and fabulous fashion creations with sincerety, gaity and regal bearing.
Bravo! Well said! And she did just that. LOVED IT! ALL OF IT! Go Queen Maxima!;)

Elie Saab, Spring-Summer 2013
Am I seeing a little copy? :whistling::whistling::whistling:
http://i43.tinypic.com/14l6b9k.jpg

Well, I should imagine that Queen Maxima will have taken inspiration from various designers (including Saab) seen what's fashonable, seen what ideas could be trasnferred into an inauguration gown and ask Jan T to interpret them for her. I have to say that Maxima's cape was perfection and fitted very well.
Queen Beatrix did the same thing at her inauguration by having sleeves made that would not be unfamiliar to Princess Anne!

I must say I love it in red too! red qwouldbe perfect for Mary ! i must say the fabric the blue one it is magnificent! where they get this incredible fabrics i never can find anything similar in the stores!

Gywneth's was indeed Tom Ford. And Giambattista Valli has used capes heavily aswell. Anyone remember Charlotte Casiraghi's pale blue dress (with cape) at the wedding feast of Albert and Charlene? Capes have been in fashion ever since.

true, capes were very much in fashion lately. although maxima's dress does indeed look a lot like the one from elie saab, although i think i actually prefer maxima's. the colour is much more striking, the embroidery and the craftmanship of the cape are much better done.

May 4, 2013 - Queen Maxima at the wearth laying ceremony (Dodenherdenking) at the WWII memorial. Maxima in black head to toe.

Not liking the hat, the flower seems to big Imo but the coat with 4 pockets looks elegant.

Full view ** Hat ** Close up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom