Queen Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: June 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked lovely but a bit more fabric may have been more flattering to her. The cut emphasized her skinniness and thin arms. Wonderful hair and jewels.

Beautiful top but I dislike the pants.

I think the Queen looks lovely!. This is another example of :crown2:Letizia showcasing her own style . . . Simple, Elegant and Different.
Good for her :flowers:

Doesn't seem grand enough for the occasion IMO.

Queen Letizia wearing a black and white flower dress at Queen Margrethe's birthday dinner this evening, April 15:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

I'm on the fence with this gown. it just doesn't look "dressy" enough... Does that make sense?? And yet, she manages to carry it well. LOVE the new tiara!! But totally dislike those peep-toe platforms!! Letizia still looks lovely.

Doesn't seem grand enough for the occasion IMO.
I didn't know what to make of the gown at first, something bothered me and now, well it looks like a very open black lace over a very white sheath or a black embroidered white sheath, either way it just looks odd. Sort of like a zebra in a stable of bay horses. And those shoes are as dainty as army boots!

It also looked surprisingly ordinary and I can only think she left it for the tiara to make a statement. Her tiara hair was a magnificent base for it.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the dress, but I saw that the generla style was a bit off in order to no overshadow Queen Margrethe!

I love the style-the scalloped tiers are great, but the fabric is kind of garish.

Not a knock-your-socks-off look for her but not a total disaster, either. The silhouette and cut is good for her figure and who doesn't love seeing her in a tiara?

I don't like this dress, the bottom part is terrible, similar to the black CH dress or the taupe dress, this one happens to be black & white, very boring design. A floating skirt would be so much better. What I hate most are the plateau peeptoes, very un-elegant.

I'm with you. The shoes are horrible. Just a so-so look.

So this must be the new tiara! Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does she have a ring on?

Last edited:
The cut emphasized her skinniness and thin arms.
She gave the impression to me she is proud of her skinniness and that's why she emphasizes it.
Ugly dress and shoes. Unimpressive tiara (except for the fact that it was seen for the first time). The SRF has a few beautiful and distinctive tiaras IMO, why buy/wear that one?

She was very beautifu, nice dress, hair and makeup perfect. But I did not like the tiara, nothing special. I do not know if it was a clever idea to wear it now and to emphasize the price. 50.000€ is a lot of money. I know that is an old expense but showing it now, in the middle of the huge crisis, not politically correct. The SRF has tiaras, no need to have a new one.

Why should she be ashamed, or proud, of her "skinniness"? Why should she "hide" it? It's her body. People with curves are not ashamed of showing them. Skinny people should not be either. She' not ill. Had she been ill from 10 years now, she would be entered and not able to do a normal life (not mention to the fact that she had two children). Why on earth should she hide her arms just because they are not perfect?

The "skinny shame" this society is reaching ridiculous heights. Don't be skinny, but don't be fat either. Have some curves, but only if they're on your breasts and your hips, if they're on your legs that's obesity. For heaven's shake, let people have the body they have got, nobody in the world is perfect as a classic Helenistic sculpture. For today standards, seems like poor Audrey Hepburn should be covered up like a nun so she doesn't "set a wrong example". It's almost crazy.

Why should she be ashamed, or proud, of her "skinniness"? Why should she "hide" it? It's her body. People with curves are not ashamed of showing them. Skinny people should not be either. She' not ill. Had she been ill from 10 years now, she would be entered and not able to do a normal life (not mention to the fact that she had two children). Why on earth should she hide her arms just because they are not perfect?

The "skinny shame" this society is reaching ridiculous heights. Don't be skinny, but don't be fat either. Have some curves, but only if they're on your breasts and your hips, if they're on your legs that's obesity. For heaven's shake, let people have the body they have got, nobody in the world is perfect as a classic Helenistic sculpture. For today standards, seems like poor Audrey Hepburn should be covered up like a nun so she doesn't "set a wrong example". It's almost crazy.
Well, that's the impression I had.
I can only guess why she is proud of her skinniness. But with the strong censorship on this board I will not write what I think.

Your arguments regarding "illness" are not vaild btw. My mother-in-law had an eating disorder all her life and she had 4 children and a "normal" life until the age of 72.

I agree though that our society is too "figure/beauty"-obsessed and IMO Letizia reflects that perfectly.

This weight talk is sensitive in many ways.

I've been struggling with this society's standards of beauty. I suffer all the time, I can't go to the beach because I'm ashamed of myself and I suffered bullying because of that. However I'm 59kg (130 pounds) and I'm not over weight, but still. Why does it happen? When my mother was a child she was so thin that she suffered criticism.

We have what we have, I think we're all beautiful no matter what thin or fat. It's the roots of this society that need a change, because they are poison. This talk can get somebody hurt, it's not something to be taken light hearted. Please mods, remove this talk.

Last edited:
Well, that's the impression I had.
I can only guess why she is proud of her skinniness. But with the strong censorship on this board I will not write what I think.

Your arguments regarding "illness" are not vaild btw. My mother-in-law had an eating disorder all her life and she had 4 children and a "normal" life until the age of 72.

I agree though that our society is too "figure/beauty"-obsessed and IMO Letizia reflects that perfectly.
IMO if she was proud she would show her arms everytime, which she doesn't. This is the first gala gown she has worn since she's queen that shows her arms, I think. The opinion that she should "never show her arms" is what I disagree with. I don't get why she can't wear a sleeveless gown if she wants to from time to time.

Last edited:
I thought she looked great. I'd caution everyone that it's within forum rules to say we don't like a fashion choice. It's not OK to attack the wearer personally or invent un-confirmable illnesses.

Type as if you are wearing a tiara. Elevate the conversation. JMO. :whistling:

:previous:
Thank you!!! QL is a lovely looking woman and I see NO evidence that she is promoting anything other than trying to represent her country and do her job. Casting motivations on someone we do not know is not helpful.

She was very beautifu, nice dress, hair and makeup perfect. But I did not like the tiara, nothing special. I do not know if it was a clever idea to wear it now and to emphasize the price. 50.000€ is a lot of money. I know that is an old expense but showing it now, in the middle of the huge crisis, not politically correct. The SRF has tiaras, no need to have a new one.

Firstly, IMO, €50,000 is not a lot of money for a tiara. Given that a half decent couture gown can often be close to €10,000, spending 5x that on a tiara is not a particularly big deal.

Secondly, the money was ostensibly spent 5-6 years ago, not now.

Thirdly, one of the tricks to get an economy going is to spend money. If everybody stopped spending, the wheels of commerce would stop.

That tiara was purchased years ago. The actual price is no one's business as it was not paid by taxpayer's over and above royal annual salaries. They can spend that money anyway they see fit. Just like you do your own salaries [if you have one]. Political correctness is sour.

The dress is totally Varela style, he does tank top with silhouette skirt. He's just so uninspiring. Letizia is a skinny woman, so covering the arms (like the CH gown) and a bit of a floating skirt would look so much better.

Firstly, IMO, €50,000 is not a lot of money for a tiara. Given that a half decent couture gown can often be close to €10,000, spending 5x that on a tiara is not a particularly big deal.

Secondly, the money was ostensibly spent 5-6 years ago, not now.

Thirdly, one of the tricks to get an economy going is to spend money. If everybody stopped spending, the wheels of commerce would stop.

I already said that it is an old expense, nevertheless it appeared just now, for me bad choice of moment to show matter.
50.000 is not an enormeous amount, but it may hurt for people in need. Especially for Spain who faced all these scandals related to Monarchy.
You are right that to fight economical crisis we should spend, but maybe not money cosidered to be contributors money.
Any way, for me the tiara was average, but delicate enough to suit to Letizia's head. She was very pretty.

At first I didn't like Letizia's dress she wore to Queen Margrethe's birthday celebrations, but now I do. You can't go wrong with black and white IMO, and the flowers are quite fun and interesting. I quite like the tiara, but I do understand why some might think it looks more like a prom or dressing up tiara.

The black and white dress was plain hideous IMO. There was nothing to it a cut with a few layers that IMO was not proportioned well. The 2nd layer seems a bit too long. The flowers looked very childish and in the video it looked like the cut was a bit too tight as she could not walk too well. At this event, I wish she wore the Carolina Herrera dress, would've been so much nicer.
I don't like the tiara, its too cold and nothing special to the design.

Queen Letizia attends the Delivery of 'Awards Woman' by Grupo Zeta

New dress & new haircut
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/blo...5f15b723eaf85b21de77b705d_Letizia6.jpg?561401
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/Espalda1.jpg?561401
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/Letizia-221.jpg?561401
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/letizia369.jpg?561401

The idea of a bob is nice, but this one is quite harsh for Letizias features. I wonder how she will use it in day to day life. The options for updos have now gone.

In terms of the dress - its a new dress, but another lace shift dress, how boring. Many people claim Letizia is on a limited budget, why another black shoulder free dress while she already owns a similar one, the one she wore on her 40th birthday pictures.

In terms of the look, not a good look for a queen, its very Hollywood starlet. She is a very skinny woman, so I'll leave it at that: her upper body, arms, shoulders, from the front and from the back, are certainly not her best features and I think its a wrong signal to even emphathize this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress is stunning! Exquisite design and style. She looks amazing.

Not fond of Letitia's new haircut, it is a great change but not to the better. Good bye to a lovely hairstyle/up-do/pull back style for a while, boring cut as this would be her style for the next few months.

The dress is nice but nothing new and it looks like any other strapless black dress, though it's a classic piece. I wish she would invest in something different and in something with color which is also avengingly like a burgundy dress etc.

Letizia looks just fantastic, so elegant. I love her modern haircut, it suits her so well. It is a hairstyle for a strong and confident woman. A woman has never too many LBDs, and this dress is beautiful. I respect her because she isn't afraid to show her muscles, she looks healthy, one doesn't get these muscles by starving oneself. She is a strong and confident woman, who finally is at the position to use all her strenghts and that is fantastic to see.
If there isn't any tiara events in next few months, now was the right time to get a different hairstyle for a change.

I think she looks amazing. I love the bob - it's good to ring the changes once in a while. Tiaras don't need to have long hair. Also, it will grow quickly.

she looks great I love the hair !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom