Queen Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: June 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like the shirt, but i think she worn it on purpose, in order not to show her arms/shoulders. Quite wise choice. The skirt is gorgeous.

It is not the first time she wears a shirt with a beautiful long skirt, I rememeber she did it also with a lovely Caprile black and white embroidered skirt, she worn with a watin satin shirt which killed the skirt.

The skirt is lovely but a shirt? The shirt makes the outfit look underdressed and looks like she is attending a business dinner. Knowing how lavish the Moroccan ladies dress for a dinner, I expected something a bit more lavish from Letizia.

The white shirt was a bit of a let down however her hairstyle/jewels all made up for this odd choice.

I do not like the shirt, but i think she worn it on purpose, in order not to show her arms/shoulders. Quite wise choice. The skirt is gorgeous.

But she could've gone for a dress with 3/4 or long sleeves instead of a two pieces outfit or a boat neck silk top would looks much much more better.

I'm in the minority as I really dislike the skirt and the shirt. The whole out is a miss IMO. She looked out of place in such a grand place. This is her way as Queen, boring and corporate-like.

I was interested in what the Queen would wear considering she was going to be "competing" with bejeweled caftans. I think she actually got it right, a-la Queen Rania. She was covered but the skirt added just the right amount of bling. And her hair looked lovely.

This is both a crisp and an elegant look. Perfect posture and a perfect fit makes that blouse have it's own exquisite allure. Next to the hostess, Letizia does look 'unadorned' but I think she struck just the right note. Elegant, true to her own style, yet with the necessary glitz (if not jewels).

I tried to see her with a glittery necklace and couldn't. She got it right, I think. :flowers:

Last edited:
This is both a crisp and an elegant look. Perfect posture and a perfect fit makes that blouse have it's own exquisite allure. Next to the hostess, Letizia does look 'unadorned' but I think she struck just the right note. Elegant, true to her own style, yet with the necessary glitz (if not jewels).

I tried to see her with a glittery necklace and couldn't. She got it right, I think. :flowers:

I agree with you completely. Clothes fit perfectly and the plain silk blouse didn't over take the beautiful skirt. Another top that would have distracted in any way, either by neckline or embellishment, would not have been as correct. This outfit showed off her beautiful slim figure. Hair nice although maybe a platinum large necklace just peaking out under her open blouse would have been nice, but I would have to see first.

Queen Letizia's ensemble looked so so. There are ladies, who can pull a skirt-shirt ensemble. Ms Carolina Herrera, for instance.

I agree with the striking simplicity of the blouse perfect posture and perfect fit were all eye catching. The skit was beautiful and original looking. I do feel that a more blouse top,sleeves and softer neckline would have been prettier and she would have looked even better. Pretty hard to compete with a redhead covered in emeralds, so go plain!

I agree with you completely. Clothes fit perfectly and the plain silk blouse didn't over take the beautiful skirt. Another top that would have distracted in any way, either by neckline or embellishment, would not have been as correct. This outfit showed off her beautiful slim figure. Hair nice although maybe a platinum large necklace just peaking out under her open blouse would have been nice, but I would have to see first.

I think both QL and PS looked elegant and beautiful. Princess Salma wearing a traditional kaftan with beautiful jewels. QL wearing an elegant very modern and elegant outfit representing modern Spain. QL has a very strong personality and I think she is not going to change the way she dresses or it is going to wear more jewels. I think she wants to maintain a plain look because the austerity in Spain due to the economy.

I agree with the striking simplicity of the blouse perfect posture and perfect fit were all eye catching. The skit was beautiful and original looking. I do feel that a more blouse top,sleeves and softer neckline would have been prettier and she would have looked even better. Pretty hard to compete with a redhead covered in emeralds, so go plain!

I agree. It is a perfect combination for both ladies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting suggestion - but agree it has to be seen.

Agree with you. She is a very beautiful woman and doesn't need much to 'pop' to the observer's attention. :flowers:

So true! :cool:

I think both QL and PS looked elegant and beautiful. Princess Salma wearing a traditional kaftan with beautiful jewels. QL wearing an elegant very modern and elegant outfit representing modern Spain. QL has a very strong personality and I think she is not going to change the way she dresses or it is going to wear more jewels. I think she wants to maintain a plain look because the austerity in Spain due to the economy.

Yes - both women were true to their context. It worked imo.

I agree. It is a perfect combination for both ladies.

I agree. No 'competition'. Each did well. :flowers:

Last edited:
This latest evening outfit was stunning, yet very simple. It reminds me of somehow of Queen Rania's outfit at Felipe's and Letizia's wedding. A lovely be-jewelled necklace would have been a nice addition.

Last edited:
The skirt is lovely but a shirt? The shirt makes the outfit look underdressed and looks like she is attending a business dinner. Knowing how lavish the Moroccan ladies dress for a dinner, I expected something a bit more lavish from Letizia.

Yes, for whatever reason the blouse ends up looking too "severe" and not soft enough for the skirt. The skirt is beautiful.

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com...and-spanish-royal-wedding-in-2004-gallery.jpg

Rania's skirt far more classy (I think it was by Givenchy), as usual what Letizia is wearing is only a poor copy.

From the above I would say Letizia got it right. It appears the kind of blouse she was wearing with the long skirt is what one wears, we just have to see Rania's blouse in the above link for verification of that.

Of the two skirts I would go with Letizia's - very classy imo. Rania's is too florid a style for my liking. So it comes down to style. I like Letizia's sense of style in this instance. :flowers:

Last edited:
From the above I would say Letizia got it right. It appears the kind of blouse she was wearing with the long skirt is what one wears, we just have to see Rania's blouse in the above link for verification of that.

Of the two skirts I would go with Letizia's - very classy imo. Rania's is too florid a style for my liking. So it comes down to style. I like Letizia's sense of style in this instance. :flowers:

Except that Rania has worn that blouse in a daytime event.

I liked Letizia skirt a lot but in no way it's better than Rania's one
You cannot compare a Givenchy skirt with that skirt.

Like someone else said it,Letizia is wearing pale copies made generally by Varela.That's a shame because she could favour other spanish designers.
To be frank Rania's sense of style is always so much better

I personally prefer Letizia's skirt to Rania's. The only problem I see with Letizia's shirt is that it looks too rigid (if it makes sense), an effect caused by the fact that it's too tigh (not having the effect Rania's has in the waist) and the material is not the best (Rania's is also better in this)

I prefer Letizia's blouse and skirt to that of Rania.

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com...and-spanish-royal-wedding-in-2004-gallery.jpg

Rania's skirt far more classy (I think it was by Givenchy), as usual what Letizia is wearing is only a poor copy.
Wow, now that truly shows how different people's tastes are. To me Renia's skirt looks really cheap as compared to Letizia's. That "lace' overlay reminds me of a creation that was on sale at Macys during the holiday season. It reminds me of my grandmother's tablecloth no matter who designed. Actually why I enjoy this forum as the taste of so many individuals are expressed.

Last edited:
Wow, now that truly shows how different people's tastes are. To me Renia's skirt looks really cheap as compared to Letizia's. That "lace' overlay reminds me of a creation that was on sale at Macys during the holiday season. It reminds me of my grandmother's tablecloth no matter who designed. Actually why I enjoy this forum as the taste of so many individuals are expressed.

I wore an outfit similar to Rania's when I was dancing in a folk dance program in fourth grade. My costume represented Mexico (and not very well!).

I agree. It's a wonky (is that even a word?) looking dress but it looked best when paired with the necklace and the updo.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The outfit was ok but it needed maybe a necklace to polish off the look.

I think it is a nice and glamorous summer look on Doña Letizia. No complaints.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom