Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 5: September 2018 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very regal and beautiful black gown.

Yayyyy....bravo! Beautiful, elegant and regal!?

A simple, mostly unornamented dress with the joyas de pasar bracelets seems to be her new go-to. I can appreciate that, especially when it's coupled with some major tiara action!
Very elegant!

Letizia at the gala dinner for the state visit from China this evening, November 28:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

isn't this the same dress she wore at the gala for the argentinian state visit? (when she also debuted a new big gun tiara!)

i really like this dress when paired with those tiaras. elegant, polished and gives a lot of protagonism to the tiara.

the blue dress i also like a lot, since she wore it first some time ago.

I like the dress but not with a big Tiara. I know the simple black dress let shine the Tiara, but i think it looks not balanced with this slim dress.

Yes I agree its a nice black gown but looked underwhelmed paired with one of The Borbons big guns tonight. Hair and other jewels impeccable.Queen Letizia has struck gold with who ever is doing her hair ,see what a professional touch can do.

Another gorgeous dress for Letizia, despite looking a bit underwhelming compared to the other royal guests.

The lace part is far too revealing ,not sure why Letizia thought that was appropriate for such an event?

Eek! commemorative concert of 40 years democracy and this outfit don't go well together, it's quite provocative actually, but Letizia provoking with her outfits is nothing new.the top is far too revealing and the event screams for a more conservative outfit.

It's a FAKE transparency, the fabric's background is skin colour.

You can see it in this image, and this one.

Last edited:
Eek! commemorative concert of 40 years democracy and this outfit don't go well together, it's quite provocative actually, but Letizia provoking with her outfits is nothing new.the top is far too revealing and the event screams for a more conservative outfit.

I agree. This outfit was a totally wrong choice to this event. Even though the fabric is of skin colour, the impression is what matters. It looks transparent and that isn't good. Celebrating the democracy and constitution is not a place to wear look at me -outfit.

The dress is pretty but I understand the issues of the transparent look. A simple solution would be to use a lighter blue inset instead of the nude. The ‘cut out lace’ still would have shown up very nicely. I have done triple takes on some dresses people of royalty, leadership, and the public have worn. As always, a different dress could have been chosen too.

It would be wise of women wearing different materials, try the outfit on and have people take pictures/videos in different lights. Sometimes what appears to be safe, is actually ‘see through’! News reporters, weather reporters sure have shown some things they would rather not. The Queen would have had enough time and help to do this....her aides failed her, but then she may not listen to them.

I have no doubt that the transparency is fake, but transparency is always kind of look-at-me, especially in that area.
The dress reminds me a lot of figureskating dresses where transparancy around the bust is quite usual, and it might be suitable for different occasions but certainly not for this particular event.

I actually like this dress and the lace is beautiful. But as with dresses that read differently in evening light with flashes (and how many times have we seen that) the placement of the lace is just unfortunate.

I always think royal ladies need a critical eye to look at what they will wear before they go out. In the correct simulated lighting. To pretend that they are an easily horrified Aunt Mildred or Uncle Farquhar and will see the worst possible. :lol:

I personally like it. I think she looked very nice.

I think she was very beautiful. Pretty hairstyle, great make-up as usual, and I like the dress pretty much. Of course the position of the lace is a bit unfortunate because it makes people look particularly at that "body part", if it was more of subtle v-neck, it would've been better. But either way, it was a beautiful look althogether.

quite a racy top for that dress. i understand there is a skin toned fabric under the lace but that is NOT what it looks like. that info is only available to royal watchers like us. to the wider public, she is just wearing a dress with a lace top that shows all of the queen of spain's chest area. it is way too provocative for a formal event, but she had similar instances in the past.

Queen Letizia at a celebration for the winners of the "Mariano de Cavia", "Luca de Tena" and "Mingote" Awards in Madrid this evening, December 17:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

Letizia looks lovely tonight though a bangle would have added a bit of glitz to her look.

Beautiful appearance with Carolina Herrera dress. Perfect fit and sequins and tulle with the giant diamond earrings and an updo.

I love this dress. Elegant and festive.

Letizia privately out with her daughters at the Teatro Real in Madrid a couple of days ago:

** Full view **

Letizia loves her leather ,fine for a private outing but lets hope we don't see those at the Palacio Real ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom